Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upgraded to lower deck!

SkinsNatsFan

Waitlist for season tix?

Are you kidding me?

Check Craigslist.com or the ES classifides for lower level endzones at face value.

Not to mention hundreds of 400 level pairs at face value.

Some people are even offering green parking at $350 w/their season tix.

Thank you Redskins ticket office!

I was upgraded from the upper deck down to the lower. No obstructions, no Tailgate Club or Touchdown Club, just a straight upper deck to lower deck upgrade.

It sounds like they’re focusing on long time ticket holders. We’ve had tickets in the family since 1937. Obviously the Touchdown and Tailgate clubs still exist, but they’re not the only way to get to the lower deck.

Congrats! 139 is sweet! Somebody downstairs must have officially cancelled out. I can't imagine this opening occured because somebody didn't pay in time.

What row? And where exactly were you last year?

Congrats! Out of self interested curiousity, where were you in the upper deck?

I was in section 450, row 4.

Hey, you're in my section. What row?

Cool! I didn't know any Extremers in my old section. When we did a role call I never saw another 450. I'm in row 11.

Congrats! 139 is sweet! Somebody downstairs must have officially cancelled out. I can't imagine this opening occured because somebody didn't pay in time.

I don't know the reason for the opening, but I'd agree. They sound like they give people some latitude when it comes to the due date. I personally don't mess with it. It does look like later payments lower or eliminate the chance for an upgrade though.

How many seats did you get to move? I know it's easy for 1 or 2 seats to move, less so for more.

I requested better seats than the sect 216 seats I have, they are undercover, have small TV's overhead to see replays, they are the first row of the new seats that were put in during the expansion, but they are much smaller in width than my previous 200 level seats, we are always elbowing each other, sitting sideways to fit, ugh!

:logo:

How many seats did you get to move? I know it's easy for 1 or 2 seats to move, less so for more.

I requested better seats than the sect 216 seats I have, they are undercover, have small TV's overhead to see replays, they are the first row of the new seats that were put in during the expansion, but they are much smaller in width than my previous 200 level seats, we are always elbowing each other, sitting sideways to fit, ugh!

:logo:

We have just two seats.

Good seats bud. I'm 135, only a few sections over. Corner of the endzone, good look. The only bad thing about these seats are, the opponent warms up in our endzone, so you can't get a good look of the skins warming up.
This can actually be a good thing. If you are willing to spend the pre game up against the dream seats and are willing to heckle the opponents, this could be fun.
I do that occasionally, but I'd still prefer to watch the skins warm up then the opponent.

I agree with you 234. Thanks for the info. I was in the upper deck in a similar location. I prefer to watch the Skins and ignore the opponent during warm ups. Not much of a heckler. Maybe we'll walk down to the other end before the games.

I was upgraded from the upper deck down to the lower. No obstructions, no Tailgate Club or Touchdown Club, just a straight upper deck to lower deck upgrade.

It sounds like they’re focusing on long time ticket holders. We’ve had tickets in the family since 1937. Obviously the Touchdown and Tailgate clubs still exist, but they’re not the only way to get to the lower deck.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Congrats on getting moved down.

I got moved from 419 down to 112 the 2nd season the stadium was open, there

was no TD or TG club back then. Then to top it off the next year, the REALLY fat guy with 1 ticket next to us, didnt renew, and the Skins office called and asked if we wanted the ticket.

My response... "does a bear **** in the woods?"

:D

And the Skins didnt start selling season tickets until like 2 years before they moved out of Griffith stadium into RFK, my dad said, so like 1958 or 1959 or so.

Thats how long ours have been in my family.

Okay. Now that April Fool's Day is officially over, time to fess up.

1a) If your family bought tix in 1937, which was the first year the Redskins played in DC, why did they buy the seats so high up? And why so far from the 50? Was the stadium that crowded back then?

1b) Did you really move down from the upper deck on Friday?

2) Have you really had tix in the family since 1937? That was, after all, that was the very first year the Redskins were in Griffith Stadium.

3) Who bought them? Your grandfather? Or your great grandfather?

4) What stories do you have to share? You've got to have a few. For example, did your family member attend the 73-0 loss to the Bears in 1940?

5) Was a family member present when the attack on Pearl Harbor was announced in the stadium in 1941?

6) How about the Sept 1942 game vs the Giants, where the Redskins held the Giants to a total on one yard rushing and a total of one pass completion -- and yet the Redskins somehow lost the game? Was Norv's grandfather coaching back then?

7) What Redskins souvenirs does your family have from over the decades?

8) What industry is your family involved in -- to be so deeply rooted in the DC area for so long.

9) Do you know of any other ticket holder's family who has had tix as long as you?

10) Since families tend to grow and multiply from generation to generation, how come you were the lucky one who ended up with these fabulous tickets?

Do tell.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

March 30th is the earliest I've ever heard of the TO offering seat relocations.

Danny still has four more months to sell his Tailgate Club seats. I'm very surpised that the TO is offering LL relocation for general admission patrons on the day in which full payment was due.

That is correct. This is not an April Fools joke. Nothing to "fess up" about.

Mark, I know I've made a few entries in the various "When did you become a Redskins fan" and the like. Feel free to look them up.

I was there with you during the trek to Philly two years ago. I was a couple of sections over to your left in the upper deck. I was also one of the few up there decked out in burgundy and gold from head to toe. I appreciate your work on bogus eBay sellers and your analysis of jerseys( even though I'll never pay for anything but a knock off myself), so I'll take this as curiosity, rather than some sort of shot at a fellow Redskins fan and I'll throw a few things quickly out there for you. Hopefully not too boring and off topic for most.

My grandfather and uncles got tickets in 1937. My dad was too young. He went to games but his dad bought the tickets. His brothers were much older than him. There was a good size group going to every game. As far as I know, a family member has attended every home game, and yes, they had many stories when I was growing up.

My dad quite often talked about the "Pearl Harbor" game. At some point during the game, many, many announcements began, asking for individuals to report to guest services, or whatever generic term they had back then. Generals. Colonels, congressmen, etc., one at time, without ever announcing the attack. Lots of other stories.

Regarding the location of our seats, I don't know where they sat in Griffith stadium, and I don't know where my grandfather and uncles sat in DC stadium. By the late sixties, my dad and mom were the only ones left. My uncles had died and my grandfather was no longer able to go to games.

My dad loved his seats. They were just under the overhang and the viewing angle he got allowed him to watch the whole field. I learned to identify a pass play and watch the receivers and defensive backs. Pretty cool considering we're talking about Sonny, Bobby Mitchell, Charlie Taylor, Jerry Smith, etc.

Alright, that's enough from me. Let me know if I passed your test. I haven't noticed you at the ES tailgates, we can definitely talk there. This was kind of fun, but I took the day off to spend it with my family. I'll check back later.

Go Skins!

That is correct. This is not an April Fools joke. Nothing to "fess up" about.

Mark, I'll take this as curiosity, rather than some sort of shot at a fellow Redskins fan

Not a shot! I was genuinely curious. That is cool to have been here in town for so long, and to have had tix for so long. You are probably the longest tenured Redskins season ticket holder in history. Maybe even in the entire NFL!

Great reply! Thank-you

Just curious, but how much do season tickets cost here once you get them? Upper level that is? Also, is there any other fees (here in Charlotte, they have to pay for the seat license, then the tickets)?

Uppers are between $87 and ... $44 I believe, each, depending on where you sit. This includes taxes. As a new season ticket holder, you have to pay a $50 fee for each season ticket - it's a one time fee. This is a new Snyder-era fee. Add another $10 for shipping and $4 for processing each year. That's about it.

EDIT: According to a post written last season, the cheapest seats upstairs are $44 plus 10% tax = $48.40 each. These are way up high behind the goal posts.

The most expensive seats upstairs are $79 plus 10% tax = $87 each. They are down in the lower half, parallel to the sidelines.

The cheapest seats in the stadium are lower level, obstructed view, they're $29 plus 10% tax = $32. Normal wait list not required. Ticket office: 301 276-6050.

Multiply by 10 for one season ticket.

Nice. Now you'll get a better view of opponents shredding up our defense with the huge gaps in the defensive line. Glad you'll get good seats though!

Uppers are between $87 and ... $44 I believe, each, depending on where you sit. This includes taxes. As a new season ticket holder, you have to pay a $50 fee for each season ticket - it's a one time fee. This is a new Snyder-era fee. Add another $10 for shipping and $4 for processing each year. That's about it.

Wow, thats not bad at all. I could handle paying around $2000 for the first year for me and my wife. Then around $1000-1200 every year after that. Only bad thing is we would have to drive up from Charlotte, NC for the home games lol. She said I could put my name on the waiting list though after relaying her the information you provided. Thanks for responding! :D

Don't forget about the PG County tax. That tacked on an extra $300 for me.

You are probably the longest tenured Redskins season ticket holder in history. Maybe even in the entire NFL!

I'll bet there are other similar histories out there.

On another note, I pulled up the virtual view of the seats from redskins.com and left it on the screen. I told my son, who's generally as completely expressionless as any 15 year old boy can be, to go over and take a look at the screen. He just sat there and repeated, "Are you serious?! Are you kidding? You're kidding, right? Are you serious!?", over and over. It was absolutely priceless. :)

Archived