Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upgraded to lower deck!

SkinsNatsFan

I bet the ability to move people the last 2-3 years from the upper level to the lower level (unobstructed) was limited because of the deal that a lot of the limited view people took. They had first priority to get to the lower level as opposed to those were in the upper level. Now that all of those people have gotten their promised moves, i would imagine that you will see more upgrades from the UL to the LL.

That's awesome man! I can't wait until my number is callewd for seaosn tickets...been on th elist 3 years and have moved up from 105,000th to 65,000th...I'm hoping for 3 more years.

How do you know what position you are sitting at?

I bet the ability to move people the last 2-3 years from the upper level to the lower level (unobstructed) was limited because of the deal that a lot of the limited view people took. They had first priority to get to the lower level as opposed to those were in the upper level. Now that all of those people have gotten their promised moves, i would imagine that you will see more upgrades from the UL to the LL.
Not all have gotten their promised moves. I have two OV seats in 226 which is sidelines. Last year they offered to move me to clear view seats in 114 which is a back corner. I refused. I've requested and fought for sidelines since I opened the account. I think it's a dirty trick to promise an upgrade, and then try to shuffle you 3 sections towards the goalposts.
I'm still confused about your seats though. Haven't you also posted about your obstructed view seats in the lower deck, or am I mistaken?
You're not mistaken. I have two accounts.
I waited about 20 years...was on the list in the mid 80's and did not get my seats until 2004. Then at my 1st game I sat next to someone who waited only a few years...there is absolutely no order whatsoever that ticket office. If you are on the list I sugest harrasing them multiple times a year so you don't slip through the cracks. The squeeky wheel seems to get the greese when it comes to that ticket office.
That ain't right. My name was on the list starting January 1987. Got my offer to buy tickets in June, 1999. How did I get ahead of you?

Not all have gotten their promised moves. I have two OV seats in 226 which is sidelines. Last year they offered to move me to clear view seats in 114 which is a back corner. I refused. I've requested and fought for sidelines since I opened the account. I think it's a dirty trick to promise an upgrade, and then try to shuffle you 3 sections towards the goalposts.
A dirty trick? Our front office under Snyder?

I waited about 20 years...was on the list in the mid 80's and did not get my seats until 2004. Then at my 1st game I sat next to someone who waited only a few years...there is absolutely no order whatsoever that ticket office. If you are on the list I sugest harrasing them multiple times a year so you don't slip through the cracks. The squeeky wheel seems to get the greese when it comes to that ticket office.

>> Wow. I got on in the fall of 1985 and came off in June 1999. You definitely want to keep tabs on where you are in the queue. They used to send out postcards every year showing your number. I think the horrific 1998 season and keeping Turner and Casserly proved to be too much for a lot of people and I came off the list sooner than I expected.

There is no "list." The "200,000 names" thing is some combination of marketing ploy/myth.

I think there is a database of names, probably attached to some sort of credit report, and the order of who is called is generated by some sort of formula of "time plus income plus activity on the account."

I've been begging the Post or Times to do a story in this for years.

There is no "list." The "200' date='000 names" thing is some combination of marketing ploy/myth.

I think there is a database of names, probably attached to some sort of credit report, and the order of who is called is generated by some sort of formula of "time plus income plus activity on the account."

I've been begging the Post or Times to do a story in this for years.[/quote']

The Post probably feels it is not far enough away from the glass house it lived in when it held 300 tickets under one account when the limit was six.

From my experience in the TO from a few summers ago. I believe that the deal was a "3 row improvement or better" I dont understand how you cant consider a move to full-view seats (aka from behind a pillar) isnt a better seat than where you are currently in.

Plus, i remember that summer (2005, after a 6-10 season) they only got back 250 total lower level tickets from people that did not renew. Our of the 30,000 seats in the LL, that is still less than 1% of the LL that did not renew. Out of all of those seats, only a 50 or so were on the sidelines, and MAYBE 10 of them were in what would be considered "prime" sideline seats.

I dont think you can call what they offered a dirty trick....they offered what i would imagine were better seats than what you had (unless you are in the first 3 rows of LV not near a pillar). Just my :2cents:

From my experience in the TO from a few summers ago. I believe that the deal was a "3 row improvement or better" I dont understand how you cant consider a move to full-view seats (aka from behind a pillar) isnt a better seat than where you are currently in.

I dont think you can call what they offered a dirty trick....they offered what i would imagine were better seats than what you had (unless you are in the first 3 rows of LV not near a pillar). Just my :2cents:

Let me be more specific.

Things may be done differently now, but back in 1999 when your name came up on the list, you had the option of choosing "Sidelines" seats or "Endzone" seats. If you chose the former, it was understood you'd get a seat above row 16 in the upper deck. If you chose the latter, you could be placed in any row behind the endzone in the upper deck -- so they said. It was implied that you'd have to live with your choice. I chose "Sidelines."

Next come the OV seats in 2004. Because I was in "sidelines" seats, I got "sidelines" seats in the OV section: Section 226.

Because of all the mis-information or inaccurate view descriptions of specific seats which were sold to fans before the seats were installed, as well as the fact that Snyder charged $69 for these seats, many fans complained loudly, and the Redskins then sent out a postcard about October of 2004 guaranteeing at least a two-row upgrade within two years, if the fan was willing to keep his seats for 2005 and 2006. Since I was in Row 16, I was pretty much guaranteed a clear view.

Two years later, they indeed offered me a two row upgrade, but they wanted me to also move three sections towards the endzone. Funny, they never mentioned moving me from sidelines to the back corner when they sent out the post card in 2004. If Snyder were honest, he would have told us back in 2004 that his intention is to move us towards the endzone.

So, I think this qualifies as a dirty trick.

Let me be more specific.

Things may be done differently now, but back in 1999 when your name came up on the list, you had the option of choosing "Sidelines" seats or "Endzone" seats. If you chose the former, it was understood you'd get a seat above row 16 in the upper deck. If you chose the latter, you could be placed in any row behind the endzone in the upper deck -- so they said. It was implied that you'd have to live with your choice. I chose "Sidelines."

Next come the OV seats in 2004. Because I was in "sidelines" seats, I got "sidelines" seats in the OV section: Section 226.

Because of all the mis-information or inaccurate view descriptions of specific seats which were sold to fans before the seats were installed, as well as the fact that Snyder charged $69 for these seats, many fans complained loudly, and the Redskins then sent out a postcard about October of 2004 guaranteeing at least a two-row upgrade within two years, if the fan was willing to keep his seats for 2005 and 2006. Since I was in Row 16, I was pretty much guaranteed a clear view.

Two years later, they indeed offered me a two row upgrade, but they wanted me to also move three sections towards the endzone. Funny, they never mentioned moving me from sidelines to the back corner when they sent out the post card in 2004. If Snyder were honest, he would have told us back in 2004 that his intention is to move us towards the endzone.

So, I think this qualifies as a dirty trick.

Again...the availability of lower level seats is not the same as for upper level seats. Of course you can choose between sideline and endzone when there are 1500 seats opening up on the sidelines and another 750 or so opening up in the endzone in the upper level.

It is not a dirty trick if there simply are not any seats to offer. I heard from people in the TO that over the last 2 years they have moved people into sideline seats out of LV, but those were usually people that were closer to the 50 than you were. Also, besides the handful of seats that they got back between the 30's, just about everyone had to give up at least 1 section in order to get their improvement out of LV. It just so happens that by the time they got to sections 225 and 226 (and the same sections on the other side) they simplely did not have any move seats on the sidelines to move people to.

They did however, still get you seats that would improve your view (no overhang), although i can understand why you wouldnt want to pay the extra price, as it sounds like you had some decent seats in LV which are cheaper.

It is not a dirty trick if there simply are not any seats to offer.
It's now obvious that what Snyder is doing is moving people away from the 50 to make room for his Tailgate Club and Touchdown Club members. If he had told me in 2004 that the move two rows forward would also include a move three sections to the goal posts, I would not have kept the seats.

Some people are of the opinion that puposely misleading a buyer is perfectly okay, as long as the seller is not lying outright. I'm not included in that group.

It's now obvious that what Snyder is doing is moving people away from the 50 to make room for his Tailgate Club and Touchdown Club members. If he had told me in 2004 that the move two rows forward would also include a move three sections to the goal posts, I would not have kept the seats.

Some people are of the opinion that puposely misleading a buyer is perfectly okay, as long as the seller is not lying outright. I'm not included in that group.

Agreed.

It's not misleading.

It's lying by omission.

Again, they cannot offer you seats that they dont have. You are chosing to ignore the facts that i gave you about the location of available seats. While you have a theory of why you were offered endzone seats, you have nothing to back it up. I on the other hand, having had first hand experience and knowledge of the LL return, have stated some facts to back up my arguement.

While the best case senario for the TO would be to move everyone as close to the 50 in the lower level as possible each year, the fact is they just dont get back very many of those seats each year.

Again, they cannot offer you seats that they dont have. You are chosing to ignore the facts that i gave you about the location of available seats. While you have a theory of why you were offered endzone seats, you have nothing to back it up. I on the other hand, having had first hand experience and knowledge of the LL return, have stated some facts to back up my arguement.

While the best case senario for the TO would be to move everyone as close to the 50 in the lower level as possible each year, the fact is they just dont get back very many of those seats each year.

I've read this twice. The statement above does not follow any logical flow from the given discussion. Goodbye.

>> Wow. I got on in the fall of 1985 and came off in June 1999. You definitely want to keep tabs on where you are in the queue. They used to send out postcards every year showing your number. I think the horrific 1998 season and keeping Turner and Casserly proved to be too much for a lot of people and I came off the list sooner than I expected.

my wait was similar. Got on in 91 and 02 was my first year. Per Mark's objections, I'm not sure it's a dirty trick, but I can empathize. I'm of similar mind set that "vertical" upgrades are what we've interested in (being sideline guys). In fact, I'd rather stay on the 35 in the upper deck than take endzone or corners in the lower level. I'd also be similarly disappointed by the 04 post card, because my thinking of a 2-3 row impovement would be down towards the field not down towards the field and 3 sections towards the endzone. While it's probably not required for them to disclose that sort of thing since the upgrade offer is optional -- yours to accept or decline -- it is an example of poor communication and clearly does nothing to improve the poor image of the front office as evidenced by this thread, among many others.

Mark, I understand your points and situation, but the intention of course would be to keep everyone in the section they are in or as close to that as possible. The turnover in the lower level is very very slim, whether it be tailgate club, touchdown club, or just people with regular seats. The probably expected to have more turnover with the price increase and the team not doing as well, but that hasn't been the case. I know the TO worked very hard to make everyone happy and into full view seats. I think an offer from limited view or obstructed view to full view seats is an improvement. What else do you want them to do, not offer you anything? They did offer the chance for people to move back to the upper level into good seats up there if they didn't like the seats they had or were offered.

... clearly does nothing to improve the poor image of the front office as evidenced by this thread, among many others.

Actually I created the thread because I was and still am very happy with the ticket office for obvious reasons, and wanted to let people know that despite the numerous threads and posts claiming "facts" about the ticket office, the particular claim that there were no longer any upgrades to the lower deck without paying additional fees was baseless. I have personal, first hand proof.

The claims about the ticket office have been mainly backed up with the same kind of logic you see in this thread. The "this is what happened with me, so the ticket office must be up to something sinister", followed by "yeah that must be true, what do you expect from Snyder" posts.

I don't have the first hand experience that cb00 apparently has, but I do have lower deck seats now, after reading many claims, just like the ones in this thread, that that was no longer possible because Dan Snyder would miss out on Touchdown and Tailgate Club money.

Of course there are people who have been disappointed. That doesn't mean that there's been a plan all along to disappoint them. It also doesn't make them an authority on the inner workings of the ticket office.

Mark, 226 is on the side of the endzone, we are not talking 40 or 50 yard line seats. Looking at the map the move too 114 is moving diagonally 1 section. I hardly think that would greatly change your view that much.

Archived