Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

REDSKIN INSIDER -- New update

Hooper

Thoughts? Feeback? please help me make sense of this trade. I just don't see it if we throw away more picks.

Maybe to understand this trade, you should realize that it's not a trade. It's at best a proposal. One that we'll probably laugh at and say thanks but no thanks. Or, make another counter proposal...like the way most negotiations happen. Nothing's happened yet, step back from the ledge ;)

Take the deal off the table and let the Bears think about it.Why on earth would we throw in any other player.Their pissed because we went public with the terms.If anything they should throw in another player.We were the 6th worst team in the league last season they were 2nd best,why would WE throw in ANYONE.

This statement makes no sense. The Bears offered a counter proposal which hasn't even been confirmed yet. How does this reflect badly on our FO? You seem to be skipping the part where we agree to said, unconfirmed proposal.

The (alleged) offer alone is stupid. If you're upset that I didn't put in "allegedly", then I have a solution: every time you read one of my posts, just imagine I said "allegedly" before every sentence.

There. Problem solved. Allegedly.

When you have a Pro Bowl playmaker LB, the fact that he was a 3rd rounder is meaningless. Throw the points away and make the trade or don't make the trade based on how it helps the team. I think Briggs will help the team, but I don't think the front office should make the trade. Comparing draft chart points, though, is entirely arbitrary.

John Keim is saying the Bears are enamored with Rocky Mac.

How bizarre is that?

Maybe the Bears also think that Briggs is a product of their system and teamates. So they figure likewise they can make Rocky into a stud. Rocky is a higher draft pick and about the same size as Briggs.

Ironic it would be if Rocky turns into a stud pro bowler in their system.

The (alleged) offer alone is stupid.

Right. So that would be a reflection of the Bears FO, not ours. Your original post would make it seem that it's a reflection of "brilliance" of our FO because the Bears proposed an absurd trade...now that would reek of agenda by you but we all know you have no such thing...allegedly.

Quick, do the math on that one: 2670 points vs 850. Man, that's lopsided.

It's 1600 points for the #6, and 520 and 550 for the picks used to get McIntosh. That's a total of 2670 points.

And the Bears give up 600 points for the #31, and 250 for the 3rd round pick they originally used to select Briggs. That's 850 points.

Yep, the Skins front office brilliance continues to shine. It's the equivalent of trading the #2 pick in the draft for the #20 pick. Straight up.

According to the values you are correct, but this math is misleading. The reason is because according to points Rocky is worth 1170 points and Briggs is worth 600. But thats misleading because obviously Briggs is a more valuable player. So you see points don't really hold weight in this situation.

Yep, the Skins front office brilliance continues to shine.

Once again -- judgment is passed without any action or evidence. People really love hating the front office. I'm just not sure why.

Really, you're not sure why? Have you checked our record since Snyder bought the team? Have you seen some of the moves we've made? Some of the players we've let go, some of the players we've acquired? Did you see what happened to Arch? Lloyd? You're still not sure?

The (alleged) offer alone is stupid. If you're upset that I didn't put in "allegedly", then I have a solution: every time you read one of my posts, just imagine I said "allegedly" before every sentence.

There. Problem solved. Allegedly.

You are starting to become the greatest drama queen of this boards history.

What does the Bears given a proposal have to the Redskins front office.

If someone wants to see you something does it make you dumb even if you do not take it the deal?

Quick, do the math on that one: 2670 points vs 850. Man, that's lopsided.

It's 1600 points for the #6, and 520 and 550 for the picks used to get McIntosh. That's a total of 2670 points.

And the Bears give up 600 points for the #31, and 250 for the 3rd round pick they originally used to select Briggs. That's 850 points.

Yep, the Skins front office brilliance continues to shine. It's the equivalent of trading the #2 pick in the draft for the #20 pick. Straight up.

I'm usually kind of with you, but that's not even close to how you should calculate this deal. I still don't think it's a great deal for the Skins, but Briggs' value is obviously higher than that of an unknown third rounder at this point.

It is, however, a great case study in how developing your own can lead to bigger dividends.

I'm usually kind of with you' date=' but that's not even close to how you should calculate this deal. I still don't think it's a great deal for the Skins, but Briggs' value is obviously higher than that of an unknown third rounder at this point.

It is, however, a great case study in how developing your own can lead to bigger dividends.[/quote'] Great post.

Mr. Madd, Usually im right there with you too, but Briggs carries more value than stated. Like Lomardi said, it does prove that developing your own player or getting a player from the start and making your system, his system, is the way to go.

I'd say that if they want Rocky they need to give up a 3rd rounder. Remember we essentially gave up 2 2nds for Rocky and now we are going to drop him for nubbins, I would hope not.

A player and the 6th draft pick for a a player and the 31st pick isn't equal. If the Bears want this they should have to throw in at least one more pick.

I agree with the person who says the agent did it.

Just stay at six or move back. Come on, Joe.

Im kinda with you on this one Hoop. I think the Bears have a bad situation with Briggs and shouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth(us willing to trade and pay Briggs asking price) I think if they want to highball us and get all pissy over Briggs agent putting news out there, then we should just take whatever "counter" offer they give us and drop it in file 13. Ef them anyways. I would rather have had the Bly deal with a few extra picks. Oh well, Stay or move down i say. If we stay we could have an interesting situation on the clock during the draft if someone falls to the 6th spot.

Archived