Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

REDSKIN INSIDER -- New update

Hooper

Did Gilgamesh cry for Enkidu?

Well, my long lament of his passing continues to this day. I pretty much let myself go after he passed, no shaving or bathing. I did build a nice monument to him though. That's something I guess.

Dammit. I just remembered that I'm not immortal. Sigh.

Quick, do the math on that one: 2670 points vs 850. Man, that's lopsided.

It's 1600 points for the #6, and 520 and 550 for the picks used to get McIntosh. That's a total of 2670 points.

And the Bears give up 600 points for the #31, and 250 for the 3rd round pick they originally used to select Briggs. That's 850 points.

Yep, the Skins front office brilliance continues to shine. It's the equivalent of trading the #2 pick in the draft for the #20 pick. Straight up.

Briggs is a two-time Pro Bowler... Let's stop with the stupid points BS... Use it when comparing trades of draft picks straight up, but don't use it when comparing players.

The major problem I have w/ this trade is having Rocky's talent wasted. If they are willing to give us a second round pick and we include Rocky I would be much more in favor of this trade. I understand that if the F.O. doesn't believe that any DL's are worth the 6th pick and don't think that we are going to find a partner to trade down, this would not be a bad deal. We get a very good LB and a late 1st and late 2nd which we could pick a DT and a DE. We used an early 2nd on Rocky and there is nothing to suggest that he was a bust, then asking for a late 2nd I feel is reasonable. The Bears want a little more and this would be exactly that, a 35th pick for the 63rd pick(I believe). We end up w/ Briggs and a late 1st and 2nd w/o Rocky as a wasted pick. In this situation I think I would actually applaud the move. We would spend a bundle on the 6th pick anyway for a player that we don't really believe is worthy of a pick that high.

Quick, do the math on that one: 2670 points vs 850. Man, that's lopsided.

It's 1600 points for the #6, and 520 and 550 for the picks used to get McIntosh. That's a total of 2670 points.

And the Bears give up 600 points for the #31, and 250 for the 3rd round pick they originally used to select Briggs. That's 850 points.

Yep, the Skins front office brilliance continues to shine. It's the equivalent of trading the #2 pick in the draft for the #20 pick. Straight up.

I agree...The skins FO is a bunch of idiots. Why in the world would they pursue this trade when they could give up our 6th and 7th rounder this year to snag Tom Brady! Heck we would be giving em extra points and getting robbed still!!:doh: :doh: :doh:

Link?

The Bears will have a need at linebacker if Briggs is gone, so a player like LeMar Marshall (104 tackles last year), who is going to be a backup if Briggs joins new addition London Fletcher on the Redskins defense, might interest Jerry Angelo. With Tank Johnson's problems, maybe a young defensive tackle like Kedric Golston, with 12 starts and 44 tackles, is the answer to close negotiations.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10095969

Watch the Bears ask for our 2nd next year and they give it to them then sign Briggs to a huge contract (if he will accept one) then we can't swing deals for Cooley and Taylor later and have to restructure 1/2 the team next year just to make up for their loss and whoever is the next Coles/Lavar/Archuleta.

Watch the Bears ask for our 2nd next year and they give it to them then sign Briggs to a huge contract (if he will accept one) then we can't swing deals for Cooley and Taylor later and have to restructure 1/2 the team next year just to make up for their loss and whoever is the next Coles/Lavar/Archuleta.

The only one of those two to be a FA next year is Cooley. You don't think Cooley being a core guy is sitting back until all the other deals are done?

yeah once annalysis on nfl.com said that we may throw Lamar Marshall, or Kendric Golston

Man, F----them, dont give them anything. Im still high on Briggs, but these ****s trying to disrespect the organization. Take the offer off the table. Let them come to their senses, and do the straight up trade. And while we're at it, make them throw in another pick. Whether we get him or not, we're doing big things. We're going to try to get CJ, or were going to trade down. Our DL is going to get improved.

Let them get stuck with Briggs not playing half the season or let them do the deal with another team, and let them get the s--t end of the stick. And let them make themselves look stupid, for trying to be too greedy. The bears are starting to piss me off. :bearsuck:

Personally I don't feel that we need Briggs or CJ. Yeah, our receiving department might need an upgrade in 2-3 years, but our D needs help NOW. We just don't need anymore help on LB.

I say trade down, get some depth. I know CJ looks like a monster, but I just have a bad feeling about it... not that I think he would be a bust, but I'm not too sure how he would take to being a Redskin.

Archived