Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins & Bears Enter Talks For Briggs -- new

Skinsinparadise

Sorry for posting a Briggs article, we have plenty but figure this one is topical, its from this morning

Bears, Redskins enter talks about a trade for Briggs

PHOENIX, Ariz. -- The Washington Redskins have talked with the Chicago Bears about disgruntled Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs, who has threatened to sit out the 2007 season after the NFC champions slapped a franchise tag on him.

"The two teams have talked and its in their hands now," Briggs' agent Drew Rosenhaus told the Daily Southtown of suburban Chicago on Tuesday. "It's out of my hands now."

Bears general manager Jerry Angelo, in town for the NFL meetings, said:

"We will take what [the Redskins] said under consideration and we told them if there's anything on our part we would get back with them," Angelo said, adding there is no timetable for a deal.

"I'm taking it under advisement. ... I didn't come down here anticipating any of this. I'll take it under consideration and get back with them."

Briggs, a two-time Pro Bowl linebacker, would earn $7.2 million in 2007 from the Bears, the average of the five highest salaries at his position.

He met Monday with Angelo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2815353

I believe this is all smoke and mirrors designed to get someone else to trade with the Redskins because they believe Washington and Chicago have a deal on the table on draft day.

Look for the Skins to move that #6 pick on draft day and Lance Briggs will go somewhere else.

Agree with the other posters...you're gonna see this exact same article reprinted in a number of places, with very little difference between them.

I read the article last night which was the last one posted from ESPN -- that article said looks like nothing is happening with no mention of the teams negotiating a deal -- this one is saying that they are now talking deal. If you guys want to merge with another, of course, feel free, I don't care.

To me the idea that now the teams AREN'T denying talking deal and the Bears are saying they are is a change.

Sorry, TK, I added a link now

Edit

I looked around the AP article I posted is the new article that sports sites ala ESPN, Sports Illustrated/CNN, etc have posted -- came out around 9:30 AM. But sorry my intention wasn't to add clutter about this subject -- don't think its a bad idea to merge the Briggs stuff into one thread.

Heck that ESPN insider article from last night which is the other main article floating about this subject right now, I posted on an existing Briggs thread last night but today it has its own life as its own seperate thread by someone else.

Be easier perhaps if its all in one place. The headline really caught me -- it reads as if they are sitting down and negotiating which is at least a "public" change of pace. But you guys are right the meat of the article doesn't add anything substantial.

Reporter: "Drew, have you intentionally leaked this story to the media?"

Rosehaus: "Next question!"

Reporter: "Couldn't thsi have been handled in a more professional maner than through the media at the Owner's Meeting?"

Rosenhaus: "Next question!"

Reporter: "Are there any more rumors you'd like to start?"

Rosenhaus: "Next qustion!"

Is it possible that snyder, being such good friends with rosenhaus, simply decided to help a friend out and orchestrate this whole thing.The point being just to get attention to one of rosenhaus's clients, who clearly wants a change in his current situation. I mean if all the other teams in the league hear the Redskins are going after Briggs and knowing our past history with free agents that we want, it could induce them to take more proactive role in making a deal for said player.

"I'm taking it under advisement. ... I didn't come down here anticipating any of this. I'll take it under consideration and get back with them."

Let me get this straight.

Jerry Angelo has a malcontent pro bowl caliber player who is demanding to leave the Bears, he comes to a meeting in which every owner and coach and most agents are present, and he expected NO ONE to ask him about this?

He can't be that stupid, can he?

~Bang

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194293

Come on guys, read the breaking news section of the site. Good articles there like the one above.

Isn't that from yesterday? If so yeah yesterday earlier in the day the rap was the deal was dead. Later last night that seemed to change.

Edit: The latest article on the site's link is EXACTLY the same article as this post.

Let me get this straight.

Jerry Angelo ..........He can't be that stupid, can he?

~Bang

grossmanwk14.jpg

Anymore questions? :laugh:

I believe this is all smoke and mirrors designed to get someone else to trade with the Redskins because they believe Washington and Chicago have a deal on the table on draft day.

Look for the Skins to move that #6 pick on draft day and Lance Briggs will go somewhere else.

:applause: That's what I've been thinking lately. The 2 teams couldn't pull the trigger on the original deal and are looking for a 3rd team. Briggs would go to another team, we trade out of #6 and pick up extra picks and the Bears move into our slot or the other teams slot.

This is ALL Rosenhaus.

I had no idea Drew was this good at posturing, then I heard his breakdown of his players positions in the draft. He actually said Olsen will go in the top 10 and teams should trade up to get Drew Stanton....

No wonder this guy gets paid so much money!!!!

You saw that BS from Rosenhouse too?!!! He thinks all his players are 1st round picks. He said Drew Stanton from Michigan St. is a 1st round QB. You gotta give him credit. He pushed McGahee into the 2nd round 2 years ago despite his knee injury. Rosenhouse sure knows how to shovel it and teams are opening their mouths to receive it.

Archived