Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Jordan & Kevin Bacon: Deeply in Love

E-Dog Night

I for one applaud Michael Jordan for showing so much courage in coming out of the closet, though I was a bit surprised to see that his catcher is Kevin Bacon. no matter; clearly, this is no one night stand.

If you have seen their Hanes commercial, dripping with snugglish jocularity, you know that Bacon, that omnipresent everyman movie star six degrees guy, has recently moved in with one of the better 2-guards during the 1990's, Michael Jordan.

HanesBacon.jpg

It's so cute to see their sweet love. They live together in perfect homo-erotic harmony. Kevin tosses some clothes towards the hamper and MJ comes out of nowhere and says 'Not in my house!' and deflects his dirty clothes to the floor. He tries to toss away some garbage and, once again, out of nowhere, MJ playfully slaps the garbage away from the can, giving his best gay smile.

I guess those earrings were not just for style after all. No wonder his wife wanted to leave him.

But I say "You go girls!". Jordan loves the smell of Bacon in the morning. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I for one applaud Michael Jordan for showing so much courage in coming out of the closet, though I was a bit surprised to see that his catcher is Kevin Bacon. no matter; clearly, this is no one night stand.

If you have seen their Hanes commercial, dripping with snugglish jocularity, you know that Bacon, that omnipresent everyman movie star six degrees guy, has recently moved in with one of the better 2-guards during the 1990's, Michael Jordan.

HanesBacon.jpg

It's so cute to see their sweet love. They live together in perfect homo-erotic harmony. Kevin tosses some clothes towards the hamper and MJ comes out of nowhere and says 'Not in my house!' and deflects his dirty clothes to the floor. He tries to toss away some garbage and, once again, out of nowhere, MJ playfully slaps the garbage away from the can, giving his best gay smile.

I guess those earrings were not just for style after all. No wonder his wife wanted to leave him.

But I say "You go girls!". Jordan loves the smell of Bacon in the morning. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Those beavers are on the loose again, right?

;) :laugh:

HanesBacon.jpg

I saw that commercial last night for the first time in awhile. I remember thinking to myself what a lame commercial it really is. Jordan has had a ton of stupid commercials, though. I never expect any of them to be any good. He is a perfect example of a guy that should have stuck to playing sports. He is a terrible actor.

I saw that commercial last night for the first time in awhile. I remember thinking to myself what a lame commercial it really is. Jordan has had a ton of stupid commercials, though. I never expect any of them to be any good. He is a perfect example of a guy that should have stuck to playing sports. He is a terrible actor.

How dare you! have you ever SEEN space jam???

You're rating acting jobs in commercials??? :doh:

HanesBacon.jpg

LOL "one of the beter 2 guards of the 90's"

I think you mean one of the 3 best players ever (Larry Bird, Magic Johnson)

Well I meant everything he's ever done...commercials, movies etc I just think he comes off as being cheesy in everything, especially that stupid Hanes commercial. I don't know what it is, but Mike just comes across as a dork when he's doing something other than playing hoops. He's also terrible at running an NBA team. Don't get me wrong, I like Mike. But he should have just stuck to playing hoops.

That post was particularly moronic due to the fact that MJ was probably the most recognized athlete in the world and at a greater level than kobe or Lebron RIGHT NOW because of his endorsement EMPIRE built on his charisma, looks, achievement and persona.

And many of his commercials are regarded as among the best of all time.

That post was particularly moronic due to the fact that MJ was probably the most recognized athlete in the world and at a greater level than kobe or Lebron RIGHT NOW because of his endorsement EMPIRE built on his charisma, looks, achievement and persona.

Never said he wasn't one of the most recognizable athletes in the world. Still, that doesn't mean he comes off well in the commercials he does. He has some really stupid facial expressions in some of those commercials. And some, like the Hanes one, are just plain dumb. Quit sniffin' Mike's shorts, dude. He was probably the greatest player of all time. But he isn't great at everything else.

Never said he wasn't one of the most recognizable athletes in the world. Still, that doesn't mean he comes off well in the commercials he does. He has some really stupid facial expressions in some of those commercials.

To be fair, most of MJ's commercials have been pretty good, but when you take a basketball out of his hands, things get a little dicey. That Hanes commercial is difficult to watch.

I just can't imagine the folks involved in the making of that ad being especially satisfied with the outcome. "Yep. Lots of banal, goofy glances executed in an awkward manner between two people that should never be in a commercial together. Just what we wanted. That'll sell some underwear."

More evidence that the Washington Post gets their material from ES:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/25/AR2007032500999.html?sub=AR

"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe," Tony Dungy: Expresses support for proposed Indiana gay-marriage ban. Dungy also demanded a ban on any more ads featuring Michael Jordan and Kevin Bacon.

Look who's got the man crush now. It should have been Nibbs and Jordan in that commercial.

I don't even think Jordan and Bacon had to shoot their scenes together or even on the same day. The whole thing looks like blue screen and editing.

MJ may not have even known who was going to star opposite him in the commercial.

(Totally off the point, of course.)

I don't even think Jordan and Bacon had to shoot their scenes together or even on the same day. The whole thing looks like blue screen and editing.

MJ may not have even known who was going to star opposite him in the commercial.

You saying you don't think it will last?

(Insensitive brute.)

:)

Look who's got the man crush now. It should have been Nibbs and Jordan in that commercial.

I'd gladly have filmed that.

Hell, my friends do clown me saying I own real estate on Jordan's sack. Oh well. I appreciate greatness.

(the part about looks, etc was just stating fact. Popeye Jones, even if he played like MJ would not have been a dominant media personality.)

Archived