Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins on PTI (Merged)

Phannman66

Except that it's more like this: you hire a guy who's built a solid reputation for his ability to pick real estate stocks. You put him in charge of weather derivatives -- something you know he's not good at. He fails. So you fire him.

It's hard to cry for a guy you paid millions to fail, but I think the blame goes with the guy who tried to make him something he's not.

Good post. I keep falling back on the Jack Welsh line -- if you did your homework before hiring someone and they're failing, you're not putting that person in the position to succeed. They didn't get worse overnight; you've forced a bad fit.

Welsh also had the wisdom to say you need to find the person a better fit *in-house*. Archuleta wasn't a bad player before he got to DC; he was, as you say, made to run ye olde weather derivatives. That the Skins' front office hasn't the patience to help him succeed this season is painful. Seems very short-term oriented for a coach that seems to, in some other areas, is looking to ensure longer term success.

Well, they do. Can you think of a single ex-Redskin who has nice things to say about the organization? We manage to alienate players -- guys like Arrington, Pierce, Harris, and I'm sure Archuleta -- and we seem to do it on purpose.

I can think of one person off the top of my head... turns out he just resigned with us this offseason....

Ok we can blame AA when he gets beat by Jason Witten, who is slow as hell....your a safety which means u cover people, idc what his excuse was.

That is the #1 image when I think of AA. He looked my 9 month old son flapping his arms out there.

I don't blame the season on Arch but he stunk it up in coverage, that is an undeniable fact of life.

Well, they do. Can you think of a single ex-Redskin who has nice things to say about the organization? We manage to alienate players -- guys like Arrington, Pierce, Harris, and I'm sure Archuleta -- and we seem to do it on purpose.

Every team has players who have ungracefully departed.

Thats just how it is. Look at Smoot, he came back.

Who cares what ex-players think? They are EX players for a reason.

Yea, I'm really worried what a EX linebacker who couldn't remain healthy and who is a legitimate first round bust thinks about my favorite football team.... Some millionaire who is basically a wasted talent.... :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: First round bust :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah whatever you say :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: First round bust :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah whatever you say :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Considering Arrington was to be the next record setting pass rushing linebacker, yeah/ I'd say he's a bust.

And as to us "running guys out of town"... starting with Arrington,, Once AGAIN his agents tried to bilk the team out of 7 million bucks, and have since been suspended by both the NFL AND the players union for their conduct... so yeah, I'd say that one was definitely our fault. (I know it's easy and convenient to forget that little episode, but it did happen, and it did lead to his being 'run out of town". But hey,, I imagine in a perfect world you should open up your arms to a thief. Nevermind his obvious damaged legs, and the fact that even the Giants don't want his injury prone ass)

Antonio Pierce wanted too much for what he had provided to that point,, but hey, ****ing is easy on that one,, if they give it to him it's yet another overpayment to cry about, and letting him go allows for ****ing in that area as well.

Walt HARRIS? we're actually complaining about Walt Harris,, who as I recall didn't leave under any ill will,, he just left. But hey,, a former first round pick who has had exactly ONE year worth a damn in his 12 or so seasons as a pro,, yeah, our fault as well.

Chalk it up to more whining.. Hopefully whoever cleans up all the ***** tears around here gets paid well.

~Bang

Except that it's more like this: you hire a guy who's built a solid reputation for his ability to pick real estate stocks. You put him in charge of weather derivatives -- something you know he's not good at. He fails. So you fire him.

It's hard to cry for a guy you paid millions to fail, but I think the blame goes with the guy who tried to make him something he's not.

Actually it's more like this if you want to get technical...AA was brought in to pick real estate stocks, the guy who heads weather derivatives ups and leaves, leaving a gaping hole that your newly hired real estate broker if he's competent in the least should be able to fill, having supposed working knowledge of risk management strategies. Instead every time he sees that it's supposed to snow he says it's going to be 90 and sunny.

How many players leave their original team and still have nice things to say about it? Probably not many.

BTW, Smoot seems to be happy to be back, so it isn't everyone.

Jason

Smoot, Stoutmire came back, many players re-signed, Dock didn't have bad things to say...I'd say some where treated bad, but is it all the coaches/FO...doubtful.

I'm sick of the people who blame GW for AA. like was mentioned on here AA should be able to cover Jason Whitten but he couldnt. GW knew how to use AA and he would've if we didnt have wright and rumph at corner. we had no rush which leads to more time, we had no corners which leaves AA and ST vulnerable. the D overall did not perform as capable. it wasnt that GW didnt know how to use AA its that the rest of our D did not allow.

Then AA ratted to espn.com and Gibbs knew it and that is why we made him punt protector and he rode the pine

Archived