Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins on PTI (Merged)

Phannman66

Tony played Arch.

Wilbon asked him, "Last year, the Skins signed you to the richest contract for a safety in history and now they trade you for a 6th round pick.. what happened?"

Tony said, "They stink. They blame me. I had a bad year. But they benched me so it isn't my fault. They have a genius O and D coordinator and they are trying to blame me. I'm going to the Bears."

pretty sad lol

basically saying the skins blame everyone but themselves for our problems

Well, they do. Can you think of a single ex-Redskin who has nice things to say about the organization? We manage to alienate players -- guys like Arrington, Pierce, Harris, and I'm sure Archuleta -- and we seem to do it on purpose.

It was just silly, TK basically said we blame Adam for our teams terrible season. Wilbon ended the segment by saying how bout you tackle somebody or get a sack? TK played AA in role play segment. Dumb...

I don't think tackling was AA's problem. Didn't he lead the team in tackles when he got benched? And sacks -- well, why didn't they have him rush the passer instead of dropping into deep coverage?

Well, they do. Can you think of a single ex-Redskin who has nice things to say about the organization? We manage to alienate players -- guys like Arrington, Pierce, Harris, and I'm sure Archuleta -- and we seem to do it on purpose.

How many players leave their original team and still have nice things to say about it? Probably not many.

BTW, Smoot seems to be happy to be back, so it isn't everyone.

Jason

There does seem to be a pattern forming.

Who cares what ex-players think? They are EX players for a reason.

Yea, I'm really worried what a EX linebacker who couldn't remain healthy and who is a legitimate first round bust thinks about my favorite football team.... Some millionaire who is basically a wasted talent.... :rolleyes:

I dunno, look at it another way. You're running a billion dollar say stock trading company and you hire a guy who is supposed to be the next Warren Buffet to a million dollar salary, and he comes in the first year and loses your company millions of dollars because he couldn't perform basic functions of his job...I would think you'd fire him too. The problem isn't that you fired him, it's that you brought him in, in the first place, It's just an added bonus if he can give me some money back on his way out.

I don't care what AA does in Chicago or how he was treated, I only care about the Skins!

side note if I got paid what AA got paid you can bence me and not talk to me I want complain & I will not miss any blocks as the personal punt protector.

I dunno, look at it another way. You're running a billion dollar say stock trading company and you hire a guy who is supposed to be the next Warren Buffet to a million dollar salary, and he comes in the first year and loses your company millions of dollars because he couldn't perform basic functions of his job...I would think you'd fire him too. The problem isn't that you fired him, it's that you brought him in, in the first place, It's just an added bonus if he can give me some money back on his way out.

Except that it's more like this: you hire a guy who's built a solid reputation for his ability to pick real estate stocks. You put him in charge of weather derivatives -- something you know he's not good at. He fails. So you fire him.

It's hard to cry for a guy you paid millions to fail, but I think the blame goes with the guy who tried to make him something he's not.

How many players leave their original team and still have nice things to say about it? Probably not many.

BTW, Smoot seems to be happy to be back, so it isn't everyone.

Jason

Actually, most free agents have positive things to say about their former teams when they leave. Usually, they go out of their way to thank the team (and the fans) for their support, etc., when they head off to a new team. Don't want to burn your bridges. But ex-Skins? They seem unusually angry at the way they were treated.

Do we care about ex-Skins? Not really. But inasmuch as it tells us something about how the current Skins feel, it's important. And it tells a pretty troubling story.

Archived