Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr Z giving the Skins some props for once (sort of)...

drowland

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/03/08/mail/index.html

But I think NFL teams are coming to the realization that if you can keep your O-line, or the major parts of it, in place for as long as possible, it's a real springboard for success at many levels. A deteriorating unit is a cancer that can destroy a team. Thus I salute Washington for resigning both RT Randy Thomas and RT Jon Jansen at numbers that might seem a bit extravagant, but not when you're committed to keeping as much as possible of a decent unit together (LG Dockery was lost).

But I can understand Leonard Davis breaking the bank in Dallas. The Cowboys don't want a toe dancer at LT. They want a big guy with a mean streak, so they can get their weak-side running game back to where it should be -- the way it was before Flozell Adams started deteriorating so badly. Davis has been effective at times, clumsy at others, certainly not the perennial All-Pro the Cardinals thought they'd get when they chose him as the second pick in the entire draft. But I'm sure Jerry Jones feels that his staff can coach him up to the level his $18.75 million in guaranteed salary calls for. If not? Well, it's only money and the owners have plenty of that.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If the Redskins signed him to a contract like that, it would be more like this:

"Again, the Redskins overpay for mediocre talent, at an unimportant position like guard. Pathetic."

:rolleyes:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If the Redskins signed him to a contract like that, it would be more like this:

"Again, the Redskins overpay for mediocre talent, at an unimportant position like guard. Pathetic."

:rolleyes:

Bingo!

:laugh:

Atleast he was trying to give us props. I mean, he never has his facts straight when he is dissing us, why should he get them right when he is complimenting us.

yep, he even says Dallas signed Davis to replace Flo-Slo at LT, when in fact Dallas, wants him to play either RG or RT :laugh:

T and G are right next to eachother, maybe it was a typo. He's a douchebag, but seriously, it was probably a typo.

Tackle and Guard are next to each other on the line too, so that could also be it.... Its still no excuse. If hes getting paid to write this kind of thing he should at least A) have a clue what hes writing about or B) not make typos or both.

Hell any fool with a spell checker and a wordpad can be a sports writer these days it seems and plenty of them are "unqualified" for the job.

I've seen and read posts from posters here whom I value waaaay above the content I read on some "official" sites and this is just from people who take pride in the drivel they spout.

hmmm

4th in the league in rushing

3rd lowest sacks allowed

A "bit" more than 'decent' Dr Z

Get mad at him for supporting the Davis signing at all costs, but don't get mad at him for at least trying to respect our O line. Now we're just being nit picky.

Archived