Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bly Bait!

dbtimsah

Denver is planning on suckering the Redskins with this Bly bait. They knew the skin's wanted Bly, so they took him first because they are actually targeting their 6th pick overall in this years draft. Don't be surprised if Denver ends up with S. Springs, the 6th pick, and avoid Bly's high pricetag. Then, Denver will draft Alan Branch or a speed rusher at number 6. The skin's will be stuck with an average DB, and an average rookie pass-rusher with it's lower 1st round draft pick. Denver, once again fooling the skin's! This should teach us all about good team management, which the skins don't have.

-Bryan

Denver is planning on suckering the Redskins with this Bly bait. They knew the skin's wanted Bly, so they took him first because they are actually targeting their 6th pick overall in this years draft. Don't be surprised if Denver ends up with S. Springs, the 6th pick, and avoid Bly's high pricetag. Then, Denver will draft Alan Branch or a speed rusher at number 6. The skin's will be stuck with an average DB, and an average rookie pass-rusher with it's lower 1st round draft pick. Denver, once again fooling the skin's! This should teach us all about good team management, which the skins don't have.

-Bryan

Haha, that's a very BOLD statement, don't ya think?

If the rumors are true about the terms of the deal, then we'd be getting the 21st pick and Bly, as well as their second- and third-round picks.

skins also have the upper hand with denver coveting the # 6 pick...how about denvers #21, 2nd, and next years first plus bly for the 6th and if they want springs then make them throw in our 3rd we gave them for TJ.

Let's just watch and see what the Redskins management does. Odds are that great rookie DL every skin's fan craves will be a Bronco next year!

There are so many DL talents that are worthy of first round picks that it doesn't matter if we get a guy at #6 or #21, we'll probably still get somebody good at 21.

Frankly,

I'm high on Okeye or Carriker anyway and those guys aren't listed as high as Branch, Adams or Anderson

-Bryan

Are you a Broncos fan? :yikes:

If we even move the #6 pick, we're killin em in the deal. I dont know where you get your info from, but Bly is alot more then an average DB, he's one of the most underrated guys at his position. You seem to forget his stats when you make statement such as that. And in case you missed it, we're without any other picks but the #6 pick for Day 1. I think if we deal the #6 pick, we could end up with Carriker or Okoye in the 20s along with 2 more picks for us to grab a CB/S and a LB possibly.

Are you a Broncos fan? :yikes:

If we even move the #6 pick, we're killin em in the deal. I dont know where you get your info from, but Bly is alot more then an average DB, he's one of the most underrated guys at his position. You should seriously look at his stats, then compare them to other DBs in the league. And in case you missed it, we're without any other picks but the #6 pick for Day 1. I think if we deal the #6 pick, we could end up with Carriker or Okoye in the 20s along with 2 more picks for us to grab a CB/S and a LB possibly.

-Bryan

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the only one being fooled here is you. You have obviously been listening to someone that doesn't have the terms of the deal straight. The reported offer was pick 21, 53, 70, 117 and Dre Bly for the #6 pick. Lets say they draft Alan Branch at 6, here is the possible compairison...

#6 DT Alan Branch, Michigan

or

#21 DE Anthony Spencer, Purdue

#53 OG Justin Blalock, Texas

#71 DT Tank Tyler, NC State

#117 CB Young Prospect

And CB Dre' Bly

Now which team got the best of this trade again?

And since when does signing all the Cleveland Brown washouts to be your D-Line and drafting Maurice Claret, who everyone knew was trouble, with a 3rd rnd pick qualify as good team management?

So a future trade, which wont happen, but which YOU have concocted, should teach us about our current management? Are you a closet Dallas fan?

The deal that is on the table involves somewhere in the vicinity of a 1st 2nd and 3rd rounder and Bly for our 1st. Not your fantasy trade.

SkinsFan aka Gilgamesh Is there even one good reason you could give for quoting your own post and double posting. You should read the rules very carefully, because this could get you kicked out of here very quickly. You already are on the No New Threads list, so you should really consider checking out the forum rules.

As for the topic, I think that the Redskins have the upper hand with this deal if things are what have been reported. I also believe that the deal hasn't gone through yet because the Redskins are dealing better than they have in the past, and they're setting the parameters here, not the Broncos.

Giants | Interested in Bly?

Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:55:06 -0800

ESPNews reports the New York Giants have contacted the Denver Broncos about the availability of CB Dre' Bly.

Saints | Interested in Bly?

Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:52:05 -0800

ESPNews reports the New Orleans Saints have contacted the Denver Broncos about the availability of CB Dre' Bly.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

No ****. Branch has been steadily falling on everyones boards since the combine. This is one of the deepest drafts in years from a DE standpoint.

We will be able to get a DE/DT later in the first round. It seems like regardless of what the Skins try to do to address their needs, theres the griping.

WE NEED MORE PICKS IN THE FIRST ROUND!!! We try to move down, get picks in the second and third whilst retaining a first rounder AND getting a DB.

Response: WE NEED OUR #6 PICK TO GET THE NEXT LAWRENCE TAYLOR!!!

Its one thing to be opinionated, thats what this forum is for, but its another thing entirely when you have the FO in the crosshairs no matter what they do.

I guarantee if we stay at #6, there is going to be a shload of wet ends on here wringing their bras on why we didn't move down.

Gets old.

I'm as critical as anyone when it comes to past moves made. They have been borderline retarded, but if the FO can kill a couple of birds with one stone, then what in hades is wrong with that?

To the nerds from other teams that come on here and start bumping gums. Shut your ******* mouths. You know dick. This whole speil about how Denver is the Donald Trump of the NFL makes me want to puke more than looking at the Denver Donkies Tina Turner video uniforms.

Giants | Interested in Bly?

Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:55:06 -0800

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

ESPNews reports the New York Giants have contacted the Denver Broncos about the availability of CB Dre' Bly.

Saints | Interested in Bly?

Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:52:05 -0800

ESPNews reports the New Orleans Saints have contacted the Denver Broncos about the availability of CB Dre' Bly.

But neither the Saints nor the Giants have much to deal with compared to the Redskins and pick #6.

#6 DT Alan Branch, Michigan

or

#21 DE Anthony Spencer, Purdue

#53 OG Justin Blalock, Texas

#71 DT Tank Tyler, NC State

#117 CB Young Prospect

And CB Dre' Bly

Now which team got the best of this trade again?

Us, obviously. I've heard nothing but good things about Young Prospect......

SkinsFan aka Gilgamesh Is there even one good reason you could give for quoting your own post and double posting. You should read the rules very carefully, because this could get you kicked out of here very quickly. You already are on the No New Threads list, so you should really consider checking out the forum rules.

As for the topic, I think that the Redskins have the upper hand with this deal if things are what have been reported. I also believe that the deal hasn't gone through yet because the Redskins are dealing better than they have in the past, and they're setting the parameters here, not the Broncos.

It was obviously a mistake, but thanks for your unnecessary comments.

As for me being on the No New Threads list, I'd sure love to know how that happened. How bout you just keep your posts about the topic at hand and avoid the extras.

It was obviously a mistake, but thanks for your unnecessary comments.

As for me being on the No New Threads list, I'd sure love to know how that happened. How bout you just keep your posts about the topic at hand and avoid the extras.

You started a new thread on a topic that has been beaten to death.

Archived