Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Leonard Davis to Dallas

smer

Its all good. The risk isn't worth it, with that kinda money. We do need to fill that hole though.... Davis came here just to influence Dallas to give him more If visiting us will cause the Cowboys to spend like that, then I think we did a great deed. LOL

Like who?

at de we could look at Kearny, Robaire Smith, Bobby McCray (young 10 sacks last season), or Al Wallace. at dt we could go with Redding, Anthony Adams, Mike Myers, Ian Scott...I mean basically our DL is in shambles lets get something in here b/c we can only get one guy through the draft and I certainly cant trust, Wynn, Daniels, Golston, Salavea and even Griffin anymore.

It would have been an iffy move by us, but at least we have Buges to coach him out of his slump and a good supporting cast.

In Dallas, he joins a line that isn't that much better than Arizona, and a line coach that is probably worse. It's not really a recipe for success.

at de we could look at Kearny, Robaire Smith, Bobby McCray (young 10 sacks last season), or Al Wallace. at dt we could go with Redding, Anthony Adams, Mike Myers, Ian Scott...I mean basically our DL is in shambles lets get something in here b/c we can only get one guy through the draft and I certainly cant trust, Wynn, Daniels, Golston, Salavea and even Griffin anymore.

Kerney will be waaay overpaid since he's the only big name DE on the market. Redding was franchised. Ian Scott would not be bad, but he's purely a rotation DT. Robaire Smith is intriguing, but in my opinion none of the other guys would be a sure upgrade to what we currently have.

Dallas can have him.

"Bigg Stiff" seems to fit right in with the Cowboys.

Highest paid guard in history? :laugh:

Cowboy fans can now not say jack about the Archuletta contract. At least Archuletta was a pretty good safety (when healthy) in St. Louis. Davis has been a joke his entire career.

Kerney will be waaay overpaid since he's the only big name DE on the market. Redding was franchised. Ian Scott would not be bad, but he's purely a rotation DT. Robaire Smith is intriguing, but in my opinion none of the other guys would be a sure upgrade to what we currently have.

Adams and Smith would def. be an upgrade, IMO. Its odd that Smith hasn't even been mentioned yet...the guy is massive, in his prime and is versatile. He has to be an upgrade over Daniels and Wynn.

Grrr...I wanted him. He was the only true starter left. Now are options are what? Mike Pucillo and maybe Todd Wade? I don't understand why Gibbs didn't believe that signing a OL was 'imminent.' However, I have to say, I would never sign Davis to a deal even more lucrative than Dockery's.

if todd wade could play gaurd as good as he played tackle when he was in for jansen he would be a pretty good guard i was impressed when he steped up he is pretty good.

Archived