Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Leonard Davis to Dallas

smer

Adams and Smith would def. be an upgrade, IMO. Its odd that Smith hasn't even been mentioned yet...the guy is massive, in his prime and is versatile. He has to be an upgrade over Daniels and Wynn.

I agree, I was saying that I think Smith would be an upgrade, but I don't think Adams or any of the other guys mentioned would be. Adams is an ok player, he's solid against the run, useless against the pass. So if we used him in a rotation at DT it could work out alright. I definately do not see him as an upgrade to Golston or Griffin. And if we're looking for a guy to be a rotational DT, why not Ian Scott or Robaire Smith over Adams, both are better players.

Wow, from the looks of this thread it looks like a big victory for the skins and Dallas losing out! :( Those damn Cowboys always overspending... bwwaaaaaa!! :(

Dont give me that crap. People over on your crappy board were praying to God that we signed him.

"Cowboys finalizing deal with prized tackle Davis"

Quote from the ESPN home page. Prized tackle?!? Anyone venture a guess what the headline if we had signed him?

"Redskins at it again...land Free Agent Davis"

:dallasuck

Prized? By the time the deal is done and the espn blowhards get done analyzing it, the people who never heard of Leonard Davis will be asking themselves:

"Wow, how many pro bowls has this guy been in? Is he a first ballot hall of famer?"

the Cowgirls...thank the lord. :dallasuck

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787446

the redskins fans reaction if the skins sign davis

" we got a great player, snd over all in the draft and much better and versatile than dockery. Dockery was way over rated and they over paid him. any player in AZ would under achieve, this was a great signing, kudos to the front office"

the redskins fans reaction since dallas signed davis

" over rated player, who is under achiever, that was a bad signing, I am glad our front office was smart enough not to over pay"

Wow, from the looks of this thread it looks like a big victory for the skins and Dallas losing out! :( Those damn Cowboys always overspending... bwwaaaaaa!! :(

Have fun with your draft bust turned most expensive guard in history. Very few Skins fans wanted this guy, so this is awesome. We are perfectly let you Pukes clog your cap with this bum.

Christ are all cowboys fans this dense?

I tried to be nice in saying that they over paid saying, "i know this sounds shocking to come from a skins, but you guys overpaid", then i get 10 responses trying to mock and make fun of me saying, "how dare a skins fan come in hear and say that", then they talk about lloyd and arch, etc.

Well yea those are blemishes, but when i said it, i meant it in a humorous way acknowledging that the skins havent had the best FA history, but the fact remains they overpaid for a bump on a log

It's okay THA, you can admit the truth. Everyone both here and in dallas agrees paying him that much is a mistake. i.e. dallas' desperate screw up is indeed a victory for our Redskins.

:)

How does it feel to be a fan of a team that overpays people so much? More importantly, whats left in the tank for your RT? I guess they'll let an existing player walk to sign the next best FA available.

:cheers:

Have fun with your draft bust turned most expensive guard in history. Very few Skins fans wanted this guy, so this is awesome. We are perfectly let you Pukes clog your cap with this bum.

wink, wink, taking advice from a redskins fan on FA signings being good or bad. oh yeah...that's smart. :laugh:

" we got a great player, snd over all in the draft and much better and versatile than dockery. Dockery was way over rated and they over paid him. any player in AZ would under achieve, this was a great signing, kudos to the front office"

" over rated player, who is under achiever, that was a bad signing, I am glad our front office was smart enough not to over pay"

Maybe you should check some of the other threads and see what we were saying BEFORE he signed with the 'boys. Most were saying they didn't want him. Nice try though.

You are a dunce cap loser

Did you not see the thread that said "say NO to Leonard Davis"

Nobody here wanted this fat tub of goo. We just wanted to drive the price up, which apparently worked

Davis is apparently going to get more than $20M in guarantees, according to Pastabelly.

Thank God we didn't get this guy. He's got great measurables, but he's a huge underachiever. He needs someone like Parcells to put a fire under his butt. With someone like Wade Phillips, that'll never happen. Don't look for any improvement now with his huge payday and a Norv-like coach at the helm.

If Davis plays guard, the Cowboys will have paid some insane jack for a guard. If he plays tackle, good luck with some of the speed rushers he'll be facing. That's always been his weakness, and it'll cost the Cowboys if they put him there. And what do you think other o-linemen and FAs coming to the Cowboys will be looking for now? E.g, Terrance Newman. If Davis is getting $20M in guarantees, what'll he be asking for in an extension? This will get tricky since Newman will turn 29 this year and any long extension will take him into his mid 30s.

You can't help but think that all Snyder was trying to do was jack Davis asking price into the stratosphere and serving him up on a platter for Jerrah.

You are a dunce cap loser

Did you not see the thread that said "say NO to Leonard Davis"

Nobody here wanted this fat tub of goo. We just wanted to drive the price up, which apparently worked

last year they were a bunch who didn't want this player and that player and then the player signs and its the same cr@p.

when smoot left...he sucke.d when Pierce left, he was over rated, when arrington left good riddance. dockery gone, over rated....it never fails with you guys. whomever you sign is the greatest signing. who ever you don't, he is a fat slob, who ever leaves, its good riddance over rated.

you guys are just so freaking funny.

as they say, the cat couldn't reach the meat on the counter...it said it smelled any way.

last year AA signing was the greatest thing since slice bread for the skins. you guys were foaming at the mouth. the defense was just going to be un-peneterable. compared by some on having a chance to e one of hte best all time with williams at the helm. now AA is the most expensive special teams player.

wink, wink, taking advice from a redskins fan on FA signings being good or bad. oh yeah...that's smart. :laugh:

Don't you get it? The Redskins' front office didn't want to sign Davis when they invited him up here, and even though they may have offered him more than Dallas did, they knew he wouldn't take it because it gets too cold in Washington. See, it was all a brilliant ruse to harm Dallas. That's why they let Dockery get away: so they could work their scheme to aid Davis in trying to get even more money from Dallas. The Redskins' FO is smart!!! Sometimes it takes awhile to figure it out, but everything they do is calculated like that.

:D

last year they were a bunch who didn't want this player and that player and then the player signs and its the same cr@p.

when smoot left...he sucke.d when Pierce left, he was over rated, when arrington left good riddance. dockery gone, over rated....it never fails with you guys. whomever you sign is the greatest signing. who ever you don't, he is a fat slob, who ever leaves, its good riddance over rated.

you guys are just so freaking funny.

as they say, the cat couldn't reach the meat on the counter...it said it smelled any way.

last year AA signing was the greatest thing since slice bread for the skins. you guys were foaming at the mouth. the defense was just going to be un-peneterable. compared by some on having a chance to e one of hte best all time with williams at the helm. now AA is the most expensive special teams player.

Who said all that? Get real, buddy. If I remember correctly, most were pizzed at the FO, not the players (except for maybe Arrington).

Archived