Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Leonard Davis to Dallas

smer

Davis' deal is expected to be in line with Dock's. Go cowboys, way to overspend. I wonder if the press will give them as much crap as they always give us when we "overpay".

classic

the skins get attention because of the over spending that they do each year. they are starting it again with Springs and Fletcher

and you talk about the Cowboys? wtf

last year they were a bunch who didn't want this player and that player and then the player signs and its the same cr@p.

when smoot left...he sucke.d when Pierce left, he was over rated, when arrington left good riddance. dockery gone, over rated....it never fails with you guys. whomever you sign is the greatest signing. who ever you don't, he is a fat slob, who ever leaves, its good riddance over rated.

you guys are just so freaking funny.

as they say, the cat couldn't reach the meat on the counter...it said it smelled any way.

last year AA signing was the greatest thing since slice bread for the skins. you guys were foaming at the mouth. the defense was just going to be un-peneterable. compared by some on having a chance to e one of hte best all time with williams at the helm. now AA is the most expensive special teams player.

Seriously, you are completely dead wrong

I would like you to pull up links on all of that from here

Pierce and Smoot: This place melted down that we lost both of those guys

Dockery: I have hated him for years. Please look at my post history and see what I have said about the guy. Paying 18 million for him, good riddance

Archuleta: Why bring him in when we already had Ryan Clark?

Seriously guy, your smack is weak, get out of here until you can bring something to the table

75% of the board was wetting their pants over AA and Lloyd. Skins fans are funny which is why you have so many "guests"...

As I said to your loser friend Shawn

Give me some links. Archuleta was a dumb move because we already had a capble guy in Clark

Lloyd at the time was just fine. Needed to shore up the WR spot and Lloyd had improved every year in the NFL

Your smack has always been weak. I am surprised you ever come here anymore

Another note on Davis and Dockery. Some here are challenging the FO on why they didn't give him a contract earlier to beat the contract inflation that's being witnessed here. Well, Dock simply wasn't playing to a level that would justify an extension that either he'd be happy with or the 'Skins would be happy with. He wasn't playing at a high level the past two or three years (he had a very good rookie season) and wouldn't have liked the extension the 'Skins would've offered, if any. On the flip side, the 'Skins wouldn't have wanted to commit too much to him for what he showed them during that time.

wink, wink, taking advice from a redskins fan on FA signings being good or bad. oh yeah...that's smart. :laugh:

we know what busts look like...we are actually the source every team should go to. as I said earlier, enjoy your overpaid, lazy new lineman.

last year they were a bunch who didn't want this player and that player and then the player signs and its the same cr@p.

when smoot left...he sucke.d when Pierce left, he was over rated, when arrington left good riddance. dockery gone, over rated....it never fails with you guys. whomever you sign is the greatest signing. who ever you don't, he is a fat slob, who ever leaves, its good riddance over rated.

you guys are just so freaking funny.

as they say, the cat couldn't reach the meat on the counter...it said it smelled any way.

last year AA signing was the greatest thing since slice bread for the skins. you guys were foaming at the mouth. the defense was just going to be un-peneterable. compared by some on having a chance to e one of hte best all time with williams at the helm. now AA is the most expensive special teams player.

So what's your point? Did you know last season that Arch was going to be a total bust? If the Cownuts overpay as much as it seems they will for Davis, will Puke fans be pissed? Seeing that the average Cowslut, like yourself, is just another bandwagoner, they probably won't pay enough attention to even notice.

You're a Puke fan living in Raven's and Redskin's country. Do any Dallas fans actually live in Dallas? I'm begining to wonder.:doh:

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Davis' contract is expected to exceed the free agent deals of Bills guard Derrick Dockery (7 years, $49 million) and Browns guard Eric Steinbach (7 years, $49.5 million).

It's because of this that I'm glad we didn't get him. It would have been lame to let Doc go b/c he's too expensive and then pay more for his replacement.

I'd heard questions "about his intensity" ( a.k.a. creampuff ) and I don't want that on our O-line anyway.

Well probably regret not signing Davis. Although, in fairness to Snyder, we just didn't have the money to compete with Dallas this year.

Davis isn't a fat slob. He's a mountain of a man who is simply huge. He's naturally strong like some people can be. He's just a true mauler. Out at left tackle the guy was out of place. Out there in so much space, he didn't have the movement skills to block guys like Freeny... it was a mis-match. At guard he is a guy who can lock on and blow open huge holes. He is a terrific athlete, which is why he went #2 overall in the draft. I'll try to find a pic of him to show that he isn't fat... just huge.

His first three years at guard, he absolutely blew people away. He's so strong that he gets a push on anybody. He blows holes open in the running game and is impossible to bull rush when pass blocking. He is a very good athlete at 360 pounds... he's twice the athlete Dock is.

I was so wanting us to sign him. I was excited thinking about watching Portis dart through holes opened by Davis. Now, we have the distinct pleasure of watching Davis blow holes open for the Dallas run game. :doh:

I wrote this yesterday... I remember watching Davis as a rookie when he was at guard. He dropped back to pass block and a blitzing linebacker ran right into Davis and tried to bull rush him. Davis simply picked him up, looked at him for a split second and then threw the guy down like a doll! It was incredible. The guys at ESPN were going nuts about it and talking about what a monster the guy was.

He's been out west on a team that doesn't get much exposure at a position that doesn't get much exposure, and so he's been out of sight - out of mind. However, the guy is a huge, mauler that would've been perfect on our OL.

And, just like Hutch's contract doesn't look bad at all, one year after he signed it... Davis' contract will look much more reasonable next year in free agency. And the next, and the next. Prices are flying up along with the cap.

I just think we needed to sign him for three reasons:

1. He is a monster and a very good guard. He would've been a great addition to our OL and made us very hard to stop.

2. There really isn't anyone left to sign at guard. Davis was about it... and a darn good one at that.

3. Keep him from Dallas. Now, twice a year, we will have to line up against that guy and try to stop their running game. It won't be fun.

I'm simply very dissapointed that we let him get away to Dallas. I think we'll be sorry we did. I know everyone will say "He's fat, let him go to Dallas." However, I think that's just fans being fans. He's a difference maker along the interior OL and we let him go when we don't have anyone to play G. :doh:

Apparently Dallas wants to keep Davis at tackle, or Davis won't switch back to guard(one or the other). If this is the case, this is VERY good news for us. We have a speed rusher in Andre Carter, who is exactly what Davis cannot block. Yay for stubborness! :applause:

This is hilarious. I live in LA and have a good friend who is a Cardinals fan. I've flown to several cardinal games the last three years and I can tell you, Leonard Davis simply isn't any good. He never dominated at guard on anything close to a consistent level. He got BENCHED this year AT GUARD and that's when the cardinals run game finally decided to take off. If he was a massive underachiever in his FA year, just what makes anyone think he's going to work his butt off now that he got paid?

Cardinal fans are speechless. They didn't even attempt to resign him. Russ Grimm thought he was dog$hit.

Well probably regret not signing Davis. Although, in fairness to Snyder, we just didn't have the money to compete with Dallas this year.

I wrote this yesterday... I remember watching Davis as a rookie when he was at guard. He dropped back to pass block and a blitzing linebacker ran right into Davis and tried to bull rush him. Davis simply picked him up, looked at him for a split second and then threw the guy down like a doll! It was incredible. The guys at ESPN were going nuts about it and talking about what a monster the guy was.

He's been out west on a team that doesn't get much exposure at a position that doesn't get much exposure, and so he's been out of sight - out of mind. However, the guy is a huge, mauler that would've been perfect on our OL.

And, just like Hutch's contract doesn't look bad at all, one year after he signed it... Davis' contract will look much more reasonable next year in free agency. And the next, and the next. Prices are flying up along with the cap.

I just think we needed to sign him for three reasons:

1. He is a monster and a very good guard. He would've been a great addition to our OL and made us very hard to stop.

2. There really isn't anyone left to sign at guard. Davis was about it... and a darn good one at that.

3. Keep him from Dallas. Now, twice a year, we will have to line up against that guy and try to stop their running game. It won't be fun.

I'm simply very dissapointed that we let him get away to Dallas. I think we'll be sorry we did. I know everyone will say "He's fat, let him go to Dallas." However, I think that's just fans being fans. He's a difference maker along the interior OL and we let him go when we don't have anyone to play G. :doh:

Glad to see at least one other person feels the same way way I do in this thread. He was far from an ideal solution, but now there is a huge gaping hole left by Dock that simply cannot be filled by anyone else out there. The rest of the free agent crop is just crappy, and no rookie is ever going to get into a game for this coaching staff. The one thing we had going for us at the end of last year - our line play and running game - is now a huge question mark.

I'm not leaping to point the finger at the FO, if Davis' deal is in Dock's neighbrohood I understand why it couldn't get done.

But to think we're going to fill that position magically with some scrub and not experience a major drop-off in production is just crazy.

I now fully expect our O-linemen to perform as well next year as our secondary did this past year. Chemistry? Gone.

This really sucks.Won't surprise me at all to see them let Wade walk next...

Archived