Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"That’s so gay" prompts a lawsuit

TC4

......That's soooo gay :laugh:

The funny thing is, is that this same exact thing happened to me jsut without the lawsuit, I was kidding around at church when I was younger and I told one boy he was acting gay (gay meaning stupid). I got a call the next day from the youth pastor saying he and some other people wanted to "speak" with me....I had vacation that week so I never showed :laugh: apparently I hurt his feelings :laugh:

That's sooooooooo Christian :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So....why are they suing?? Because she got a warning? WTF? Another case of dumbass parents.

Uh, because it appears that the school has a policy that making fun of people who aren't gay is prohibited, but making fun of people who are Mormon is OK?

(Wonder if the ACLU will represent them?)

Uh, because it appears that the school has a policy that making fun of people who aren't gay is prohibited, but making fun of people who are Mormon is OK?

(Wonder if the ACLU will represent them?)

:rolleyes: Just another case of a "two wrongs make a right" lawsuit. The chick made fun of gay people, which is not cool. Yeah, the other kids should not make fun of Mormons (*snicker*) but that doesn't make insulting gay people any less of a bad thing, does it??

:rolleyes: Just another case of a "two wrongs make a right" lawsuit. The chick made fun of gay people, which is not cool. Yeah, the other kids should not make fun of Mormons (*snicker*) but that doesn't make insulting gay people any less of a bad thing, does it??

Should the punishment for both acts be equal? or cause you dont like mormons(I dont either, the door to door crap) make them a fine group for ridicule. If they are gonna enforce some kind of ultra PC force they have to protect everyone, if the shield of PC is only for select groups then we are in for some real nazi germnay shizznits. Theres nothing like untouchables and how drunk they can get with it when they know others are touchable. I have no problem with a level playing field aslong as its level, if you want to make people make nice make them make nice across the board picking and chosing who they make nice to is not cool. Its very evil to all the ones you leave out.

THE PARENTS OF THE MORMON ARE LAUNCHING A LAWSUIT. Maybe a ton of you misread the post.

Lets see, hypersensitive religious parents are going after the school. If you guys like to blame society for being "PC" (code for liberal, or soft, or jewish, or pro-terrorist, or whatever) and lawsuit crazy, then you should say the parents are idiots. Was she expelled? Can she still attend classes? And what happens when she comes back to school? Now everyone is going to REALLY go after her for being a soft momo (hehe, just kidding). The girl got light punishment and the parents are overreacting. Talk about shielding your kid. Yet it appears many of you guys are saying its justified.

THE PARENTS OF THE MORMON ARE LAUNCHING A LAWSUIT. Maybe a ton of you misread the post.

Lets see, hypersensitive religious parents are going after the school. If you guys like to blame society for being "PC" (code for liberal, or soft, or jewish, or pro-terrorist, or whatever) and lawsuit crazy, then you should say the parents are idiots. Was she expelled? Can she still attend classes? And what happens when she comes back to school? Now everyone is going to REALLY go after her for being a soft momo (hehe, just kidding). The girl got light punishment and the parents are overreacting. Talk about shielding your kid. Yet it appears many of you guys are saying its justified.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This is what I was trying to say, but WR said it much more eloquently. :)

While I am not necessarily in favor of them filing a lawsuit, I do think that sometimes in this country (unfortunately) that is the ONLY way to get your point across, especially when you're dealing with beaurocracies.

But fact is, the child was reprimanded for what we all agree was a trivial thing. THAT is why the children's parents are suing, not because of "religious hypersensitivity", or because they're overreacting. I would imagine this might make it more difficult to get into her school of choice, wouldn't it?

Now, I do think, if I'm the Mormon parents, I'd privately explain to my daughter the NFL rule, that says that the referees will throw the flag at the guy who throws the second punch.

Yeah, the first girl did something wrong, but you did something wrong, too.

While I am not necessarily in favor of them filing a lawsuit, I do think that sometimes in this country (unfortunately) that is the ONLY way to get your point across, especially when you're dealing with beaurocracies.

But fact is, the child was reprimanded for what we all agree was a trivial thing. THAT is why the children's parents are suing, not because of "religious hypersensitivity", or because they're overreacting. I would imagine this might make it more difficult to get into her school of choice, wouldn't it?

Yeah, but that shouldn't be a trivial thing. I use it all the time :doh: but I shouldn't. And neither should she...they are trying to nip it in the bud while they're young.

The chick made fun of gay people, which is not cool.

J, I've heard you refer to things as being "ghey" several times. http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3393902&highlight=ghey#post3393902

Hell, we've all done it... because sometimes it's pretty funny, and pretty applicable (especially when we're talking about major :silly: ). So I don't think you should be calling her out... it's very common with kids today.

However, dogging someone for their religion is pretty bad, no? I've certainly never seen you do that on this board, because you know it is seriously not cool.

So I ask you... WTF is the principal thinking? Warning for the student who says "that's so gay"... and nothing for the kids who are dogging mormonism.

:whoknows:

J, I've heard you refer to things as being "ghey" several times. http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3393902&highlight=ghey#post3393902

Hell, we've all done it... because sometimes it's pretty funny, and pretty applicable (especially when we're talking about major :silly: ). So I don't think you should be calling her out... it's very common with kids today.

However, dogging someone for their religion is pretty bad, no? I've certainly never seen you do that on this board, because you know it is seriously not cool.

So I ask you... WTF is the principal thinking? Warning for the student who says "that's so gay"... and nothing for the kids who are dogging mormonism.

No, I agree that both parties should have been reprimanded. I just don't agree with the lawsuit. An angry father storming the principal's office probably would have been enough. :whoknows:

Yeah, if they don't want to be made fun of for being gay than they just shouldn't chose to be gay. Duh. :rolleyes:

No, I agree that both parties should have been reprimanded. I just don't agree with the lawsuit. An angry father storming the principal's office probably would have been enough. :whoknows:

Maybe so... and again, I don't agree with the lawsuit either.

But I do know that if I were the parent and a bunch of kids at my son's High School were making fun of him for being Catholic, and he responded by calling them gay... and my son was the one who got the warning/suspension...

let me just say it wouldn't go to lawsuit, but that principal would drop an 8" turd on the floor behind his desk when I stormed into his office. :2cents:

(and honestly? If I didn't get anywhere with him, I probably would talk to a lawyer. Especially if it meant my son having a diminished chance to go to the college of his choice)

*edit*

and yes, my son would get a "talking to" as well. :)

Archived