Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the big o-line question (who replaces dock?)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133389

Zach piller just got released by Tennessee. He is 30, but could be a good short-term solution and become a solid back-up guy. Has been injured though.

Petigout might be able to make a transition to guard, or Wade if we re-sign him. Maybe the coaching staff has confidence in of the back-ups.

Steinbach is probably going to get some bigger offers, especially from teams like Arizona and Houston who need the help.

I hope we don't look at Leonard Davis. He was a round 1 pick and couldn't stand out even in Arizona. No thanks.

Here's a list of the rest: http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsOL.html

Steussie, and Womack might be good options as well.

My first move would be to move Jansen to LG and resign Wade and put him at RT. If not, then resign Pucillo and we have Kili Lofutu (the guy that passed out) to back him up. I like Steinbach as long as he won't break the bank. Pillar and Petitgout might come cheap. Steussie is kinds long in the tooth and Molinaro might not be with us past TC as the coaches have been down on his progress.

From what I have seen of him, he is much more of a complete lineman than Doc. I mean, it's just my opinion and I was only a RB back in the day, but I do notice things like o-line play.

Steinbach has better balance, he seems to be more atheletic in the open field and I have never seen him stumble or get blasted backwards by defenders half his size. (That is my pet pieve with Doc. I hate when that happens.)

Couldn't have said it better. Doc isn't worth the money he obviously is asking for. Steinbach is!

i just think they want a guard that can pull, and dock cannot. its as simple as that.

If they wanted a Guard that could pull they should have drafted one last year. Mark Setterstrom was available in the 3rd round. I believe he started most of last year for the Rams. Although the Skins gave away their 3rd round pick I'm sure they could have found one somehow if they really wanted a Guard that could pull. He'd be a lot cheaper than Dockery. But that would take an ability to plan beyond the current year. Doh!

If they wanted a Guard that could pull they should have drafted one last year. Mark Setterstrom was available in the 3rd round. I believe he started most of last year for the Rams. Although the Skins gave away their 3rd round pick I'm sure they could have found one somehow if they really wanted a Guard that could pull. He'd be a lot cheaper than Dockery. But that would take an ability to plan beyond the current year. Doh!

Hence, the unrealistic nature of that idea.

Makes me sad to say that, but we are ridiculously short-sighted.

My first move would be to move Jansen to LG and resign Wade and put him at RT. If not, then resign Pucillo and we have Kili Lofutu (the guy that passed out) to back him up. I like Steinbach as long as he won't break the bank. Pillar and Petitgout might come cheap. Steussie is kinds long in the tooth and Molinaro might not be with us past TC as the coaches have been down on his progress.

Dang, I thought I was the only one who thought that might be a good idea.

Has Jansen played guard before? I don't think moving him to the opposite side would be a good idea. If Jansen can play guard, i think the better idea would be to move Thomas alongside Samuels and move Jansen over one spot to right guard. Wade and Jansen are the same age (separated by a couple months), I'd think Wade would we better at guard at this point. Jansen is a great tackle, and he is protecting Campbell's blind side, an important task I wouldn't give to a back-up right away. Pucillo could take over for Dock as well.

I'm still hopeful about Steinbach, the fact he is a guard might keep his asking price down. If he were a tackle there'd be no chance.

Has Jansen played guard before? I don't think moving him to the opposite side would be a good idea. If Jansen can play guard, i think the better idea would be to move Thomas alongside Samuels and move Jansen over one spot to right guard. Wade and Jansen are the same age (separated by a couple months), I'd think Wade would we better at guard at this point. Jansen is a great tackle, and he is protecting Campbell's blind side, an important task I wouldn't give to a back-up right away. Pucillo could take over for Dock as well.

I'm still hopeful about Steinbach, the fact he is a guard might keep his asking price down. If he were a tackle there'd be no chance.

Good point on moving Randy, I would want as little shuffling as possible though.

On steinbach I hear rumors he may be the cowboys biggest target this year. They are letting columbo leave and it seems to be a nat fit with them being about 20 mil under.

Good point on moving Randy, I would want as little shuffling as possible though.

On steinbach I hear rumors he may be the cowboys biggest target this year. They are letting columbo leave and it seems to be a nat fit with them being about 20 mil under.

i also just heard them talking about that on sirius a little while ago. trust me, steinbach will NOT be cheap.

Mike Pucilo or we can probably resign Todd Wade who wanted a starting job and could easily get it plyaing next to Chris Samuels!

He did do very well in the one game he started... I rather have Wade, someone then I know is somewhat familiar with the offense and has proven he can do well, then some new guy.....

Okay if he isn't re-signed will we promote from within?

Mike Pucillo:6'4 311 4 year vet, started at right guard for Bills- 11 games. Started 6 games for the Browns at guard, as for his time with us: NUMBER 62 IS AN ELIGABLE RECIEVER. NUMBER 62. :laugh:

Kili Lefotu: 6'5 315 Really hasn't done anything in the pros.

Will Whitticker: 6'5 338 Umm...he's on the roster page listed as a free agent for 2007...

Taylor Whitley: 6'4 305 5 year vet, started 11 games for the Dolphins in 04. Cut after the Broncos training camp.

Todd Wade: Extremely unlikely consider he is 6'8 and would be on the interior for the first time in his career...don't think so.

Jim Molinaro: As unlikely as Todd Wade

Calvin Armstrong: Who? Why is this guy on our roster and why is his profile picture an Eagles uniform???

He did do very well in the one game he started... I rather have Wade, someone then I know is somewhat familiar with the offense and has proven he can do well, then some new guy.....

I think there would be a better chance to move Jasen to guard than Wade. Personally I'd like to see Wade at tackle.

I'm not worried about the O-line for next year. I hope they give Todd Wade (probably a tackle) more playing time, if not starting him. Wade could start with another team. That's why it's going to be hard to keep him. They also got a 1st year guy named Calvin Armstrong that's big also. Armstrong is listed as a tackle, but he's big enough to play guard.

Archived