Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the big o-line question (who replaces dock?)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

Has Jansen played guard before? I don't think moving him to the opposite side would be a good idea. If Jansen can play guard, i think the better idea would be to move Thomas alongside Samuels and move Jansen over one spot to right guard. Wade and Jansen are the same age (separated by a couple months), I'd think Wade would we better at guard at this point. Jansen is a great tackle, and he is protecting Campbell's blind side, an important task I wouldn't give to a back-up right away. Pucillo could take over for Dock as well.

I'm still hopeful about Steinbach, the fact he is a guard might keep his asking price down. If he were a tackle there'd be no chance.

I was thinking of keeping Samuels, Rabach and Thomas at their positions. Too much shuffling if you move Randy to LG. Wade is a better tackle than he is a G. I don't know if Jansen has ever played guard, but it would be an easier transition than to go from G to T. And, Jansen protected Brunell's blind side (lefty) and Jason's blind side is in Samuels. But yeah, hopefully Pucillo may be inserted.

Too many comments on this thread prove that too many Skins fans cannot see the forest for the trees. The question is simple: who replaces DD?

We have NO ONE on the current roster who can replace DD.

The trees: We can plug in Pucillo, but the OL will be weaker. We can hope Lefotu has progressed with one year on the PS, so that he can play without embarrassing himself (or hurting JC or CP). Anyone feel comfortable with either of these choices?

Here is the forest folks: Bugel and Gibbs have failed to develop any young talent. Molinaro is a bust.

Most starting guards are drafted in rounds 5 thru 7, then developed into decent starters over one or two years. We pissed away our mid-to-lower round draft choices, and when we drafted OL, they either could not play, or we could not coach them into decent back-ups, let alone starters. That is the fault of the scouts, or Gibbs, or Bugel.

How many years does it take to find a decent guard?

:(

Too many comments on this thread prove that too many Skins fans cannot see the forest for the trees. The question is simple: who replaces DD?

We have NO ONE on the current roster who can replace DD.

The trees: We can plug in Pucillo, but the OL will be weaker. We can hope Lefotu has progressed with one year on the PS, so that he can play without embarrassing himself (or hurting JC or CP). Anyone feel comfortable with either of these choices?

Here is the forest folks: Bugel and Gibbs have failed to develop any young talent. Molinaro is a bust.

Most starting guards are drafted in rounds 5 thru 7, then developed into decent starters over one or two years. We pissed away our mid-to-lower round draft choices, and when we drafted OL, they either could not play, or we could not coach them into decent back-ups, let alone starters. That is the fault of the scouts, or Gibbs, or Bugel.

How many years does it take to find a decent guard?

:(

Redskin fan here and dam! Now that's some powerful stuff and I agree. If you really just sit back and take a look across the board at our organization, mainly the F/O and our assistants (mainly in the booth) its plain to see that we're ate up and I mean straight from the floor up. All I can say is I'm glad Dan has a ton of money and that the growth is phenomenal! He's going to need it. But wow this is going to be interesting! I think I'll dubb it the Redskin debacle! Speaking of back up OGs and future starters, hell, go down to Howard, FAMU, NC A&T, Hampton or any division IAA or whatever the division.

But hell you can get a 6' 4" /6' 5" OG or hell even a 6' 3" 320 pound OG to close and deal with a MLB and wil do it consistently and for a lot less too. Oh but the school is too small, I forgot. Yeah but I hear you Iron Mike oh we're ******up! Hell, throw one of them boys that play down in the MEAC

a million and see what you get. Clint would be breaking records. Just like that CB from Howard that started in the Super Bowl this year. You know he had his senior day at Howard and in the rain, but did we send anyone up town? Hell no, and where did that CB end up? Oh he started in the Super Bowl this year. I think his name is Bethea. But yeah I hear ya.

Dock is a core Redskin and that is why he is leaving like every other core Redskin does.

We will stink this year because we refuse to upgrade our OL every year and our OL is awfully long in the tooth and wont be ogether much longer. You guys will say that we dont need to address it because JG is a god and he knows how to coach. I dont fault JG on his coaching just his GMing.

Archived