Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Fletcher and Nate Clements...coming our way.

radskin

What do you mean?

Signing big name free agents I mean this is just some report but you know its very likely to happen. Nate Clements wants "Champ Baile money". We wouldn't even give Champ Bailey "Champ Bailey money". If we could sign Fletcher to a resonable contract fine but there won't be anything resonable about nate clements contract.

Making a big splash is fine, as long as we don't do like last year and bring in 50 odd guys, and say play and be great. They can sign a big name, just not a ton of big names. Chemistry is apparently more important to winning teams than talent. We should know that better than any team right now, after several huge free agent classes, with guys that never meshed, and led us to losing records. We dont' want to try and add a ton of starters. I hope we can keep this free agent class rather small, like the '05 class, and trust the core of guys we already have.

But he's old. I dont want another old FA bust here just for the $. It happens too often. :doh:

He is the same age as Marshall. He has proven that he can still play at a high level. He also wont be asking for as much as other MLBs we might go after. Fletcher would be a good option as he is playing at a high leve, and we can get a couple good years out of him which would give us time to draft someone next year.

You won't see much difference if we don't beef up the D line.

:logo:

I am not worried about the line. We are going to address the line in the draft. We will get a DE. With Griffin 100 % we can rely on Golston to play well enough. He is home grown talent and play well last year in his rookie year. We let him grow he will be good for us. So we get a DE in the draft, prefer Anderson myself, and get a cb or two with a MLB in FA and we will be in pretty good shape.

Fletcher is a MLB right? So does that mean Lemar would switch to WLB and Rocky rides the bench again? I love Lemar but i sure hope Rocky beats him out in camp. If this is true and we get Fletcher and Clements, look for the Skins to shore up the middle of the Dline with Branch, since Fletcher is small for a MLB by NFL standards.

It would mean that Lemar would compete with McIntosh for the starting OLB position. I'm hoping that Rocky wins, and that Lemar would back up all three positions and play a key role off the bench.

You won't see much difference if we don't beef up the D line.

:logo:

I have to agree 100%, we have 2 starting calibur players on our line right now, Carter and Griffin...we need some serious revampment in the rotation. Even if that does mean getting rid of Daniels and Renaldo. Hell, I think that Daniels and Renaldo take PT away from our young guys currently...both of these guys need to go, :2cents: .

It would mean that Lemar would compete with McIntosh for the starting OLB position. I'm hoping that Rocky wins, and that Lemar would back up all three positions and play a key role off the bench.

GW needs to stop being scared of playing the young guys. I doubt that in anyway Lemar would have a better camp than Rocky...undoubtably Rocky will make more mistakes BUT he will make more plays. Lemar will be the safer pick to start but this will hinder Rocky's developement. GW was to be one of the most stubborn SOBs in the league.

I am not worried about the line. We are going to address the line in the draft. We will get a DE. With Griffin 100 % we can rely on Golston to play well enough. He is home grown talent and play well last year in his rookie year. We let him grow he will be good for us. So we get a DE in the draft, prefer Anderson myself, and get a cb or two with a MLB in FA and we will be in pretty good shape.

I like Golston too, but not enough to bank the season on him. Right now he's an unknown quantity who's shown flashes - nothing more.

Griffin at 100%? And why are we expecting this? I hope you're right, but again, I wouldn't have enough confidence to bank the season on it.

I would love Anderson as well, but IMO that still leaves a hole at Tackle. Add some more beef to the Golston/Griffin/Sal/Montgomery rotation, and we're set. Let them fight it out and may the best man win.

I like Golston too, but not enough to bank the season on him. Right now he's an unknown quantity who's shown flashes - nothing more.

Griffin at 100%? And why are we expecting this? I hope you're right, but again, I wouldn't have enough confidence to bank the season on it.

I would love Anderson as well, but IMO that still leaves a hole at Tackle. Add some more beef to the Golston/Griffin/Sal/Montgomery rotation, and we're set. Let them fight it out and may the best man win.

I understand what you are saying. I honestly would be happy either way if we drafted Anderson or Branch. Both would be a huge help. Maybe we need more help at DT to help stop the run, but I am not really sure. But as I said, Branch or Anderson and I am happy. Even Gains. You have to know we will pick one of those three.

Also, we want Golston to play to he can develop. If I remember correctly, one reason he was drafted so low was because he was in an accident or something. Something that put him in the hospital for awhile so people werent sure about him. If that happened he would have been round 2 or maybe even 1 I think. Cant remember exactly though so dont qoute me.

EDIT - I swear... I keep typing "so" as "to"... Its starting to get annoying. :doh:

I understand what you are saying. I honestly would be happy either way if we drafted Anderson or Branch. Both would be a huge help. Maybe we need more help at DT to help stop the run, but I am not really sure. But as I said, Branch or Anderson and I am happy. Even Gains. You have to know we will pick one of those three.

I hear that - I'd be fine with either Anderson or Branch. Either one would show our FOs desire to address the line.

I love what I hear about Anderson, and get some serious wood everytime I think of a potential Peppers in B&G, but I really hate to think of the interior of the line going unaddressed. It's a pick your poison situation: either we draft Branch and continue to give QBs more time than we'd like, or draft Anderson and get mauled in the middle.

To get Clements, we may have to give him Champ money. And Nate Clements ain't in the same league as Champ.

Fletcher is getting old, but if we could sign him to a relatively cheap (for the skins that is) deal, it would be a nice addition to our linebacking corps.

But here's the thing, we had a shutdown corner before and traded him. And we had a stud (and much younger) middle linebacker we got cheap on and let walk away when we later gave players from other teams crazy big deals. I want to be positive, but if you keep changing your longterm plan every year or so... well you just don't have a plan.

Just say no to huge deals this year, Front Office. The defense is not one player away. Spread the money around and try to shore up the trenches -- it ain't sexy, but it's where the game is won.

Archived