Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Fletcher and Nate Clements...coming our way.

radskin

I'd love to see both of them here as long we don't break the bank. If we get Clements and Fletcher, draft a DL (Anderson or Branch) we'd be pretty much set. Of course, depending on who we draft, there would be another need at DT/DE, but that can be solved via lowly FAs or later rounds of the draft. Either way, hopefully Daniels or Golston can hold up another year as starter if they're called upon.

Actually....these are the only big name moves I wouldn't mind seeing. It's not like we're reaching for another bust like AA when we already had Clark. These are holes in our defense that can be immediately improved.

If we're going to pickup any other FA's, I just hope that they're the typical character-type players Coach Gibbs sees fitting in.

I wonder how this goes. Could the exchange go like this:

Post: "Who do you think Washington will target during free agency?"

League Source: "Ahh, I don't know. Maybe some of Buffalo's defensive players like Fletcher and Clements, since they might be familar with G. Williams system and coaches."

Article: League sources indicated that Washington will target London Fletcher and Nate Clements.

Clements will require at least a 20mm bonus.

Yeah. Unless we can actually get him for a decent price, we should go after guys like Ricky Manning Jr and Jason David. Two guys we could probably get for the same price as him, and they are pretty decent corners. But I am all for getting London Fletcher, as long as he isnt too expensive. He would be a great help.

League Source: "Ahh, I don't know. Maybe some of Buffalo's defensive players like Fletcher and Clements, since they might be familar with G. Williams system and coaches."

Article: League sources indicated that Washington will target London Fletcher and Nate Clements.

I wouldn't be surprised, unfortunately. I hope they are targetting Fletcher and Clements though.

Then again, an even more tedious conversation would be:

Agent: Are you interested in the Redskins?

Player: Am I interested in the Redskins? That's akin to asking if I'm interested in money. Do you even have to ask?

Agent: Alright, become a bust and I can get you on yet another team in no time

Fletcher is a MLB right? So does that mean Lemar would switch to WLB and Rocky rides the bench again? I love Lemar but i sure hope Rocky beats him out in camp. If this is true and we get Fletcher and Clements, look for the Skins to shore up the middle of the Dline with Branch, since Fletcher is small for a MLB by NFL standards.

Yeah. Unless we can actually get him for a decent price, we should go after guys like Ricky Manning Jr and Jason David. Two guys we could probably get for the same price as him, and they are pretty decent corners. But I am all for getting London Fletcher, as long as he isnt too expensive. He would be a great help.

Ricky Manning is a pathetic thug. He'll never see the inside of Redskins Park.

Ricky Manning is a pathetic thug. He'll never see the inside of Redskins Park.

Oh. Well, I didnt know anything about him outside of seeing him play some games. I basically meant just two corners like those guys. Two decent corners that can be had for the same price total as Clements. If he is a thug I would not want to have him on the team. Just using the player as an example really.

I watched the Bills-Colts game this year and Clements had his way with Marvin Harrison the entire game.

Fletcher was all over the place as well. He darts around and is a tackling machine.

Both also are proven in GW's system.

Would be a nice offseason if those guys are our two major signings.

Fletcher is going to be 32 when the season starts, that would have to be a stop gap for a year or two. We've all seen what happens when linebackers get on the wrong side of 30 (Holdman, Warrick). Actually Fletcher is 6 months older...

Clements is going to get a load of money a large load of money. It'll be interesting to see what the Skins do.

Personally I'd like to see them try to target someone around 25-27 like they did Marcus. Stop gaps don't work out real well unless this team truly believes they'll still one or two players away from the Lombardi.

What a NIGHTMARE! If we seriously sign these guys, our FO is officially retarded and haven't learned a thing. How many $10 million+ signing bonuses are we going to dish out? How many more years of absolutely NO DEPTH will we endure? You can't win in the NFL with the roster the Redskins fielded last year. Again, we'll dish out so much money, the players will have no drive to try their hardest...Whatever

LOL. Finally, somebody that realizes everything the Washington Post writes is a fabricated joke.

Honestly, I am fine with whomever we sign even if we overpay and it helps the team. but I still think we need to sign one starting calibur DT or DE then draft Branch/Anderson/Adams/Okoye depending on who we sign in FA. A stout DL makes the rest of the defense soooo much stronger and we have been ignoring DL in the draft for too long.

Archived