Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

summary of current mock drafts 1-6

Skinsinparadise

Feel free anyone to correct me. Having nothing to do fun relating to the NFL these days I am resorting to reading every mock NFL draft that I can find. I've noticed of late some patterns.

Raiders -- Russell: seems like 90% of em saying now that they will take Russell with the first. Seems to be a few that think they will select Williams. Some say Quinn but Russell seems to be the hot choice.

Lions -- Thomas: am seeing now more and more people saying they will draft Joe Thomas. Quinn was once the hot pick for them and some say it will still happen but Thomas seems to be the hot choice right now.

Browns -- Peterson. This just recently got hot. Kiper seems to be touting him as a guy with a ton of buzz that's only growing.

Tampa Bay: Johnson or trade down: If Johnson is still here the buzz seems to be that that's who they will choose or trade down. Some say they could take Branch, Adams, or Anderson.

Cardnals: Branch, Anderson, or Adams: Most draft boards have it if Joe Thomas drops to the Cardnals pick they will take him if not they will take either Branch, Adams, and Anderson. As to which player they take its all over the map between those three players.

Redskins: Branch, Anderson, or Adams: The Skins are all over the map as to which one of those three players they get.

Could end up being all BS, who knows what really happens but that seems to be the summary based on what I've been seeing. Just fun speculating.

Trade Downs: Looks like our best chance is if some team really wants Quinn or whatever left over player is there from Branch, Anderson, and Adams.

Williams? you obviously mean Calvin Johnson. None of the 3 defensive players ... Branch, Anderson, or Adams is worth a top 10 pick ... let alone No. 6 ... the Skins must use #6 on an offensive impact player ... (Quinn, Petersen or Johnson) or trade down, down, down ....

Williams? you obviously mean Calvin Johnson. None of the 3 defensive players ... Branch, Anderson, or Adams is worth a top 10 pick ... let alone No. 6 ... the Skins must use #6 on an offensive impact player ... (Quinn, Petersen or Johnson) or trade down, down, down ....

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Did someone forget the fiasco that was our defense last year?

I'm not sure I agree with you here. I think all 3 are worthy of a top 10 pick, especially Branch. I'm a fan of Penn St so I watch alot of Big Ten football, and while I find myself cringing doing it, I must give that Wolverine his due props. He's a friggin beast, and we desperately need someone in the middle. I like Branch and Adams, but I don't think DE is as much a priority.

And I seriously doubt the number 31 ranked defense in the NFL takes an offensive player with their first pick, unless it's trade bait for a defensive player. Trading down isn't a terrible option, but I'd rather have the best DT in the draft than two decent players.

I hear every year that there is no d lineman worth where we are picking... isn't it unreal. Anderson seems to have good size, motor, quickness, and has been productive on the field, plus is a double digit sack guy in the level he has experience at. What more do you want?

The Draft is all about value ... not need ... if you go for need you bet very burned just like the Texans did last year with Williams over Bush. Branch is a sure BUST candidate ... he is lazy and has no instincts ... he was completely lost in the games against OSU and USC. Anderson is a Junior and not physically ready for the NFL whereas Adams is a weight-room warrior dressed in a LBer's body ... another Andre Carter type. This Draft will not provide immediate help for the Skins defense ... so forget it!

Browns -- Peterson. This just recently got hot. Kiper seems to be touting him as a guy with a ton of buzz that's only growing.

This is not what I have seen. Most of the mocks I have seen have the Browns taking Quinn. The Browns desperately need a QB. I don't see any way they pass over a franchise QB for a RB who can't stay healthy.

Coming from the guy that claims Sean Taylor was a bust.

A Jamaal Anderson type player can make an immediate impact. JA is in the Julius Peppers mold an if we can expect that sort of play, were looking at 30ish tackles, 12 sacks, 5 FF, and 1 interception (looking at rookie season). That's an immediate impact that will instantly make our defense a whole lot better. Throw in Terdell Sands and we have a pretty decent interior, and thus our defense looks better. With a pass rush, our secondary will look better and you'll come to your senses and realize that Sean Taylor is our best playmaker.

BTW, we don't need Peterson, Quinn, or really, even CJ. Give Campbell time to develop some timing with his receivers, and you'll see a big big improvement in our offense.

lol at offensive impact player while our defense goes down the toilet. although i agree about trading down, unless the skins seriously think branch or anderson is good enough to make an immediate impact.

STaylor is a bust until proven otherwise ... he is entering his 4th year. JAnderson is a fantasy just like Mario Williams ... this stuff about being a Julius Peppers is a dream not a reality ... get real. It typically takes three years for a defensive lineman to mature in the NFL. Case in point: Tommy Harris of the Bears. Even JP was lost his rookie year. The Skins need to grab a DE, 2 linebackers, a CB and a Safety on FA to improve the defense IMMEDIATELY and I think they will. The Draft is just gravy.

None of the 3 defensive players ... Branch, Anderson, or Adams is worth a top 10 pick ... let alone No. 6 ... the Skins must use #6 on an offensive impact player ... (Quinn, Petersen or Johnson) or trade down, down, down ....

Wow: this is just plaing wrong, wrong, wrong. Any of those 3 are obvious top 10 picks -- unless something happens between now and the draft that changes it.

STaylor is a bust until proven otherwise ... he is entering his 4th year. JAnderson is a fantasy just like Mario Williams ... this stuff about being a Julius Peppers is a dream not a reality ... get real. It typically takes three years for a defensive lineman to mature in the NFL. Case in point: Tommy Harris of the Bears. Even JP was lost his rookie year. The Skins need to grab a DE, 2 linebackers, a CB and a Safety on FA to improve the defense IMMEDIATELY and I think they will. The Draft is just gravy.

Sean Taylor is a bust? JP was lost his rookie year? He had 12 sacks and an interception.

Do some research before making such bold statements.

If JP had 12 sacks his rookie year that is very impressive, but Peppers is the exception not the rule. Saying Anderson, Branch or whatever is the second coming of Julius or will help the Skins immediately on Defense is far bolder a statement ... it is based only on wishful thinking.

Alright, by your logic, CJ is a fantasy just like Charles Rogers. I like how you cited ONE player to define the whole league at that position while slamming my use of Julius Peppers of an impact rookie defensive player.

We need a DT, a LB, and a solid CB, and this defense will improve immediately. Overhauling the defense completely won't help a unit that is already lacking in chemistry, plus, how are we going to pay for it? and pay ANOTHER receiver a massive salary. Besides, we were scoring pretty well our last couple games with Jason Campbell. So really we just need to focus on limiting other teams scoring and not scoring more points.

Peck, You are fighting a losing battle. The best you can do is let the draft come and go. This is the only way that these guys are going to know that we are not getting Anderson, Branch nor Adams at 6. It would be down right stupid to pick any ONE defensive player with that pick when you are in need of so much on that unit.

It'll probably be a trade down

Yeah right. That would be the most foolish move yet.

The obvious needs are on defense and the idea of overpaying for other teams castoffs instead of using the draft is why our defense has to use smoke and mirrors or what they call packages.

The offense is not in need of the flashy-flashy-shiny-shiny trinkets. AsColins said back in camp it will take a year for the new offense to click and we did well using redskins football.

Archived