Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

summary of current mock drafts 1-6

Skinsinparadise

Our discussion/debate (yours and mine) was not about whether or not you were stating opinion...we both agree you were, so I didn't need to repeat what is not being argued. It was about the attitude you took ABOUT your opinion and how it compares to those who hold a contrary opinion.

It's strongly implied that you do, I think that's obvious. You don't have to say the literal words "I agree with you that you and are the only ones with brains on this thread, GP" in order to get your point that "they" don't see what you clearly are able to see. Only a retarded donkey would require it to be put in those exact words to get what you were saying.

No one, anywhere, is telling you to stop posting what you think. Not even me. But if you contradict yourself I'll probably point it out. I also won't use someone's age as a way to belittle them...reeks of desparation. Imho, of course.

Not making me angry...like I said it's an irritant like nails on a chalkboard. That sound doesn't anger me, just irritates the hell out of me, like a mosquito bite lol...calling you out on it is like scratching the bite. Hope you're able to see the difference.

How in the world would you know what attitude I took?...I said that I agree with the guy about not taking a defensive guy at 6 and that is my opinion but, to make your point a valid one, you tried to make up something about I was talking about me and the guy being the only ones here with brains. I even stated to you, and this is the reason your panties really got ruffled, if you wanted to post something to GP that you should hit HIM up and not quote what I posted and say "you should tell this to your draft pal"

I freakin' said the guy was fighting a losing freakin' battle.These threads are on here, at least, 4 times a week and the same people are saying the same things, so yes, as I said we will have to wait until the draft has come and gone until we see who the Redskins take.

What you "would not do" is not a concern of mine.

I stated what I stated and the fact that you got irritated by it...so the heck what?

IMHO!!

I don't get the "Police" equation, but ok....

And I never commented on the fact that you wanted to respond to the guy for calling you "dumb"...I just pointed out that ONE sentence of criticism in your post could--and should--be very easily pointed right back at you. Again, simple.

And no, I didn't point it out just to be seen lol...don't be ridiculous. EVERY argument/debate on a thread is, by definition, open to ALL to join in on, if they so choose. If you want a discussion to remain strictly between you and the other person, you talk to them privately. Not on a message board.

Anyway, I've scratched the mosquito bite, it doesn't itch anymore lol... ;)

Um, I think you need to say the same thing to your "draft pal" GregPeck...

^ Indicates your initial problem was not with what I said but with GP

You're ''copy/paste" don't work?

If you want GP to hear it, holla at him.

^ This is when your panties began to wad up

I don't give a rat's ass if he hears it or not...I just can't stand hypocritical posters. That would be you, not him.

^ And this is when the problem began to be with me...so no you had no problem with anything I said until I told you to man up.

It seems to me that you are an absolute fraud

The Draft is all about value ... not need ... if you go for need you bet very burned just like the Texans did last year with Williams over Bush. Branch is a sure BUST candidate ... he is lazy and has no instincts ... he was completely lost in the games against OSU and USC. Anderson is a Junior and not physically ready for the NFL whereas Adams is a weight-room warrior dressed in a LBer's body ... another Andre Carter type. This Draft will not provide immediate help for the Skins defense ... so forget it!

Um, Anderson is more physically ready than Adams, and put up some very good numbers in a very tough conference. And the Draft is about Value and Need. I hope you not advocating drafting Quinn if he fell to us, since he would have higher "value". :rolleyes:

I feel ya Peck

They are not realizing that if we use that pick on that one player, we will not have really improved the defense by leaps and bounds AND we have, basically, taken ourselves out of the rest of the draft.

but...go figure

Drafting a offensive player would take us out even more though, wouldnt it. Since they would make less of a impact?

Siven ... Brady Quinn has immense physical talent ... he is big, tough, atheletic (mobile) and has an accurate strong arm. He played three years as a starter under good coaching at a top level of compettition, usually makes good decisions and has excellent field awareness. He got better every year and will be a winning pro QB for at least a decade. Brady Q. is charismatic and elevates the performance of the players around him. He is worth his weight in diamonds ... if not to the Skins then to some other team wanting him (i.e. the Skins can trade him or Campbell if they want to do a "Rivers" thing). For these reasons, Quinn would be a tremedous value pick at # 6.

I have to disagree, I think Quinn is going to fold mentally. He played poorly in big games. I see him as another Rick Mirer. He has the physical tools, but he doesnt have it upstairs I dont think. You point to his coaching and that is going to be a bigger advantage in college. he should have been even more productive in big games. I see bust all over the guy.

So ... who are the Skins gonna take at 6?

I would guess Anderson or trade down. I think alot of that will depend on who we get in FA though.

Drafting a offensive player would take us out even more though, wouldnt it. Since they would make less of a impact?

I would guess Anderson or trade down. I think alot of that will depend on who we get in FA though.

Why, in your opinion, do you think that the right offensive player will make less of an impact?

I do not know why people want to take what other people say and twist and turn it to benefit what they are trying to say. I, too, do not know how many times that I stated that I do not think that the guy will be there at 6 and we would probably trade down. But the only thing that people want to remember is the "If CJ is there what do we do" thread. Just like you, I am not going to change my opinion because anyone else thinks differently. That do not make you nor myself wrong or right because, as I stated earlier it is all conjecture and neither of us has a pipeline to Gibbs and crew offices

I have also stated, numerous times, that the FA signing period has not even started but we seem to know how we are going to draft. The players have not worked out or interviewed for teams but we already know how the draft is going to turn out. It is too early to start slobbering over guys who may not even impress pro scouts. Let those guys do their jobs and I am sure that the evaluations of each player who are note-worthy will be all over the internet and we can see, then, how it will, possibly ,turn out for the 'Skins

After free agency, combines, the first 5 picks in the draft are chosen, and Goodell announces, "with the six pick in the draft the Redskins..." I will tell you, EXACTLY, what we did with that pick.

Actually, I'm in college and I don't have to pay for internet, it's kind of included in my full scholarship. Age isn't an indicator of maturity. For instance, being 30 does not mean you can handle alcohol better than someone who is 16. Not that I am saying the legal age for drinking alcohol is silly but merely as a reference to the point that age has nothing to do with intelligence or maturity. And even if I wasn't in college, I'd still pay for my internet, the same way I paid for my BMW, by working for it just the same as anyone else.

But you're right, back to football.

I hear ya but with age comes wisdom and one day you will wake up and realize that you were not as intelligent or mature as you thought that you were when you was 18, especially with the " I know just as much" ,attitude ( and I am not talking football) but if you have the I am mature and intelligent persona going on here I am sure that you carry it through other aspects of your life. You have not even touched life's experiences as of yet. ... Believe this

One day you may just, because you are probably really thinking that you are the smartest of young men, up and call someone dumb and/or stupid and all of a sudden .....BLATHOWYOW!!! ...right up side the head..right then and there the wisdom will start to to set in.

Why, in your opinion, do you think that the right offensive player will make less of an impact?

Because the offense is better off, and can't it improve as much. The defence is about as low as you can go. Hence the statement. The "right" defensive player (say a all-pro DT or DE) would have a huge impact. A all-pro WR would help, but when you factor in another all-pro WR, a all-pro RB and should be all-pro TE and a O-line that is blocking very well in a run-first offence, the impact will not be nearly as dramatic.

I do not know why people want to take what other people say and twist and turn it to benefit what they are trying to say. I, too, do not know how many times that I stated that I do not think that the guy will be there at 6 and we would probably trade down. But the only thing that people want to remember is the "If CJ is there what do we do" thread. Just like you, I am not going to change my opinion because anyone else thinks differently. That do not make you nor myself wrong or right because, as I stated earlier it is all conjecture and neither of us has a pipeline to Gibbs and crew offices

Um, where did this come from? For most of my previous post I was refering to Brady Quinn.

have also stated, numerous times, that the FA signing period has not even started but we seem to know how we are going to draft. The players have not worked out or interviewed for teams but we already know how the draft is going to turn out. It is too early to start slobbering over guys who may not even impress pro scouts. Let those guys do their jobs and I am sure that the evaluations of each player who are note-worthy will be all over the internet and we can see, then, how it will, possibly ,turn out for the 'Skins

Which is why I said that alot will be determined by who we pick up in FA. But it's off-season, and it's fun to speculate on what we might do. Also, if we need a DE or a DT, and there really isnt a guy that we like in FA, we might not get a FA in a position that we plan to draft. So the draft can also determine what we do in FA.

After free agency, combines, the first 5 picks in the draft are chosen, and Goodell announces, "with the six pick in the draft the Redskins..." I will tell you, EXACTLY, what we did with that pick.

So will everyone else. And we will be debating if it was a good/bad move. Just like every off-season.

Because the offense is better off, and can't it improve as much. The defence is about as low as you can go. Hence the statement. The "right" defensive player (say a all-pro DT or DE) would have a huge impact. A all-pro WR would help, but when you factor in another all-pro WR, a all-pro RB and should be all-pro TE and a O-line that is blocking very well in a run-first offence, the impact will not be nearly as dramatic.

Um, where did this come from? For most of my previous post I was refering to Brady Quinn.

Which is why I said that alot will be determined by who we pick up in FA. But it's off-season, and it's fun to speculate on what we might do. Also, if we need a DE or a DT, and there really isnt a guy that we like in FA, we might not get a FA in a position that we plan to draft. So the draft can also determine what we do in FA.

So will everyone else. And we will be debating if it was a good/bad move. Just like every off-season.

Benny Blades, you have your opinion and it is respected. I am sure that whatever plan that is put together we will have to accept it no matter what we thought we should've done. If we drafted Anderson and he was playing in the first game of the season I would be the biggest supporter and the loudest person cheering for this guy just as I would Adams, Branch or whomever because that's what I do when the Redskins is concerned.

But if CJ is on the board I will have fingers, toes, eyes and anything else crossed that I can cross hoping that we do not blow that chance....that's just me.

I hear ya but with age comes wisdom and one day you will wake up and realize that you were not as intelligent or mature as you thought that you were when you was 18, especially with the " I know just as much" ,attitude ( and I am not talking football) but if you have the I am mature and intelligent persona going on here I am sure that you carry it through other aspects of your life. You have not even touched life's experiences as of yet. ... Believe this

One day you may just, because you are probably really thinking that you are the smartest of young men, up and call someone dumb and/or stupid and all of a sudden .....BLATHOWYOW!!! ...right up side the head..right then and there the wisdom will start to to set in.

You're saying, I'll get murdered for calling someone dumb on an online forum?

I guess, I'll just have to risk it, and take my chances staying inside all day in a secure room.

Riggo, I find that Gregpeck is far worse than you. Saying that ST is a bust and we should have taken a TE who is oft injured when we had a pro bowl caliber TE.

Benny Blades, you have your opinion and it is respected. I am sure that whatever plan that is put together we will have to accept it no matter what we thought we should've done. If we drafted Anderson and he was playing in the first game of the season I would be the biggest supporter and the loudest person cheering for this guy just as I would Adams, Branch or whomever because that's what I do when the Redskins is concerned.

But if CJ is on the board I will have fingers, toes, eyes and anything else crossed that I can cross hoping that we do not blow that chance....that's just me.

Benny Blades?:wtf:

I always heard it was more expensive to sign two lower 1st round picks than one high 1st round pick...

Or do I have that the other way around in reverse?...lol

I think that if the 'Skins traded down, they would probably get the lower first and then a second. I don't think, despite what their fans are clamoring for on their message board, that the 'Skins will trade with the Pats, and they are the only team with two firsts in this draft. Trading the 6th for a lower first this year and a first of indeterminant position next year really doesn't accomplish what the 'Skins need, and that is more picks this year.

I would love to see a player like a CJ or a Quinn fall to 6--not because I hope they pick that player, but rather because that would provide an excellent reason for teams to want to move up to get them. The Vikes, Texans, Dolphins and Bills all could use a great receiver or a quarterback. Thus, if one of them is left, those teams (other than the Vikes, who pick 7th) would probably be willing to give up quite a lot to vault ahead of the others. If the Skins could get the Bills to swap firsts and get the Bills second as well (working off last year's draft value chart, the values are close), that would put the 'Skins in a much better position. They could take the best Defensive Lineman available at 12 and pick up a CB in the second.

It just seems like the tools are there on offense to succeed, but the execution wasn't there last season. I also see the 'Skins trading Portis with the emergence of Betts this season. There was a marked difference in running styles. Portis generally made at least one move before hitting the hole (probably because that's how he ran in Denver with the zone scheme they use) and Betts hit the hole first, then made a move. Hopefully, if the 'Skins do trade Portis, it is either for a Corner or a high second round pick. The Jets are probably in the market for a running back and maybe the Packers as well.

Anyway, just my opinion.

You can get franchise players deep in the draft...you can also get busts at #6. I think the major need for the 'Skins is to get a number of players...something they won't be able to do in this draft with one pick on the first day. There are 7 D Ends in the top 32 players in the draft according to (and I hate quoting this guy, but I'm going to do it anyway) Kiper. This depth at the DE position could make it easy for the 'Skins to trade down, get a guy who may be able to contribute right away at a position of need and accumulate draft picks.

Williams? you obviously mean Calvin Johnson. None of the 3 defensive players ... Branch, Anderson, or Adams is worth a top 10 pick ... let alone No. 6 ... the Skins must use #6 on an offensive impact player ... (Quinn, Petersen or Johnson) or trade down, down, down ....

r u serious... thats all i can say

Archived