Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

summary of current mock drafts 1-6

Skinsinparadise

Riggo ... you and I are the only two on this Board with brains or so it seems ... But I will not stop my peeving ... it makes me feel better!

Ok guy, easy now with flinging names around. I for one actually laugh when people try to rationalize us picking Anderson at 6th overall pick, pumping him up like he is the second coming of Julius Peppers, which I don't think he is even close too at all. Just can't wait till the combines.

How many wide receivers hit the ground running? Most take two to three years to catch up with the NFL speed and to understand what they need to do. By your logic we should only draft running backs every year in the first year, since that is the position must likely to produce quickly

Riggo ... you and I are the only two on this Board with brains or so it seems ... But I will not stop my peeving ... it makes me feel better!

Yeah brains being used improperly if you think we should draft Calvin Johnson at six but if he isnt there trade down.

Two brains that sound like another Brainy guy (Mike Ditka) who focused on only one (OFFENSIVE impact) player in the draft Ricky (reeferman) Williams

I feel ya Peck

They are not realizing that if we use that pick on that one player, we will not have really improved the defense by leaps and bounds AND we have, basically, taken ourselves out of the rest of the draft.

but...go figure

If JP had 12 sacks his rookie year that is very impressive, but Peppers is the exception not the rule. Saying Anderson, Branch or whatever is the second coming of Julius or will help the Skins immediately on Defense is far bolder a statement ... it is based only on wishful thinking.

Using the draft can be a gamble, but obviously free agency hasn't worked for us to this point.

JA is in the Julius Peppers mold

NO HE IS NOT.

This is so annoying and the reason why I am sick of the JA train.

He is NOT a Julius Peppers.

He is a Richard Seymour.

If you want JA because you want a JP clone, you are confused. That isn't what you are getting.

But our fans *wish* they could get a Peppers at #6 so they make up this myth that JA is the next Peppers and drool for him. It's BS. He isn't the next Peppers.

If he were the next Peppers, he wouldn't make it past the top 2 picks!!!!!!!!!!

We need a DT, a LB, and a solid CB, and this defense will improve immediately. Overhauling the defense completely won't help a unit that is already lacking in chemistry, plus, how are we going to pay for it? and pay ANOTHER receiver a massive salary. Besides, we were scoring pretty well our last couple games with Jason Campbell. So really we just need to focus on limiting other teams scoring and not scoring more points.

Perfectly stated, imo.

A lot will have to do with what happens early in free agency. There seem to be several at least servicable LB's available that could help us, and should come relatively cheaply.

The CB and DT positions do not seem to have many top flight players available in FA, and certainly won't come cheaply. CB seems to be the position that if a team is paying top dollar for, they would opt for a proven veteran as opposed to a rookie that would likley take a year or more to develop into that "shut down corner", which I think is the route the 'Skins will take.

That of couse leaves DT as the biggest need come draft day. Again, everything is just speculation right now until after the early part ofFA.

:2cents:

Brandon ... I loved Lloyd at Illinois ... when he was a senior he was the entire offense and caught everything thrown his way ... I rejoiced when the Skins picked him up ... but he does not seem to have the ability to separate from tough aggressive dbs ... he lacks muscle and tenacity ... traits I see in Calvin Johnson. I don't think Lloyd will ever contribute anymore than say Thrash or Patton. The Skins need another standout WR to compliment Moss, and Cooley ... I call it the "Colts model." ARE is a slot receiver and an occassional playmaker ... he dosn't fill out my dance card. At No. 6, Johnson is superb value ... sure its a risk but every Draft pik has that ... but it seems to me CJ would be less risky than any other "available" given my analysis above. In all likelihood CJ will be gone and the Skins will trade down and grab Aaron Ross or Amobi Akoyio or Adam Carriker plus another in the 2nd or 3rd round. But if Calvin (or Brady Quinn) is there at 6 ... you MUST pull the trigger.

Brandon ... I loved Lloyd at Illinois ... when he was a senior he was the entire offense and caught everything thrown his way ... I rejoiced when the Skins picked him up ... but he does not seem to have the ability to separate from tough aggressive dbs ... he lacks muscle and tenacity ... traits I see in Calvin Johnson. I don't think Lloyd will ever contribute anymore than say Thrash or Patton. The Skins need another standout WR to compliment Moss, and Cooley ... I call it the "Colts model." ARE is a slot receiver and an occassional playmaker ... he dosn't fill out my dance card. At No. 6, Johnson is superb value ... sure its a risk but every Draft pik has that ... but it seems to me CJ would be less risky than any other "available" given my analysis above. In all likelihood CJ will be gone and the Skins will trade down and grab Aaron Ross or Amobi Akoyio or Adam Carriker plus another in the 2nd or 3rd round. But if Calvin (or Brady Quinn) is there at 6 ... you MUST pull the trigger.

Brady Quinn? are you serious...............

What's your logic, enlighten me. Please. All I see is an overhyped underachiever who fails to win the big game.

The Skins need another standout WR to compliment Moss, and Cooley ... I call it the "Colts model."

We need 2 things on offense: Oline depth and Campbell to take his game to the next level.

A player like CJ is intriguing but WR is by no means a need. Sure he'd help Campbell's chances to succeed but hasn't it been proven time and again in this league that the QB makes the receivers, and not the other way around? Where is Randy Moss's ring? How about Terrell Owens? Chad Johnson's?

IMO, this CJ talk is moot. He's not going to be there. There's just no freaking way. Even if he started to fall - Minny would just hop right over to draft him. And if lightning strikes and he is there - what about the amount of money we already have invested in the WR position? About 30 mill guaranteed on the books. CJ would push that money to about 48 mill guaranteed. That's not how you build a team. Losing 38-34 is no different than losing 10-7.

We need 2 things on offense: Oline depth and Campbell to take his game to the next level.

A player like CJ is intriguing but WR is by no means a need. Sure he'd help Campbell's chances to succeed but hasn't it been proven time and again in this league that the QB makes the receivers, and not the other way around? Where is Randy Moss's ring? How about Terrell Owens? Chad Johnson's?

IMO, this CJ talk is moot. He's not going to be there. There's just no freaking way. Even if he started to fall - Minny would just hop right over to draft him. And if lightning strikes and he is there - what about the amount of money we already have invested in the WR position? About 30 mill guaranteed on the books. CJ would push that money to about 48 mill guaranteed. That's not how you build a team. Losing 38-34 is no different than losing 10-7.

quoted for the truth.

Siven ... Brady Quinn has immense physical talent ... he is big, tough, atheletic (mobile) and has an accurate strong arm. He played three years as a starter under good coaching at a top level of compettition, usually makes good decisions and has excellent field awareness. He got better every year and will be a winning pro QB for at least a decade. Brady Q. is charismatic and elevates the performance of the players around him. He is worth his weight in diamonds ... if not to the Skins then to some other team wanting him (i.e. the Skins can trade him or Campbell if they want to do a "Rivers" thing). For these reasons, Quinn would be a tremedous value pick at # 6.

Dirk ... the Draft is not about NEED ... its about getting the most value for your pick ... CJ (or BQuinn) are maximum value at No. 6 ... any other player available is far less valuable and concommitantly much more risky. The Skins do not need another STaylor or CRogers! BTW ... I agree that CJ or BQ in all likelihood might not be there at 6 ... but if either is ... the Skins must go for it. What if both are there at 6 ... which one do you take? I don't get paid enough to answer that one!

Well, they are certainly dumb enough to make some people confuse them for Cerrato or Snyder.

theyre just negating the fact that our defense is in shambles. some people like to see offensive slug fests where the defense is awful. and it looks like they both watch a lot of college football, and college defenses are beyond jokes.

Williams? you obviously mean Calvin Johnson. None of the 3 defensive players ... Branch, Anderson, or Adams is worth a top 10 pick ... let alone No. 6 ... the Skins must use #6 on an offensive impact player ... (Quinn, Petersen or Johnson) or trade down, down, down ....

wow. Never discount the power of denial.

Brady Quinn will suck as a pro. You read it here first. Or maybe you read it somewhere else, because Im not the only person saying that. I mean the guy got DESTROYED by LSU. Id rather draft Landry at #6 than Brady Q., as Mr. Peck (Cerrato) so affectionately calls him. The draft is about need, look at the Lions drafts the last few years and where the philosophy of them picking "the best player available" got them.

Brady Quinn will suck as a pro. You read it here first. Or maybe you read it somewhere else, because Im not the only person saying that. I mean the guy got DESTROYED by LSU. Id rather draft Landry at #6 than Brady Q., as Mr. Peck (Cerrato) so affectionately calls him. The draft is about need, look at the Lions drafts the last few years and where the philosophy of them picking "the best player available" got them.

It takes about 4 minutes (maybe not even) to validate this statement.

Quinn's 2006 numbers. 3426 passing yards, 37 Touchdowns, 7 Picks

That doesn't look too bad, does it.

Lets see his #'s in the three biggest games of the season. (Home vs Michigan, @ USC, bowl game vs LSU)

656 passing yards, 8 TD's, 5 picks

Quite pedestrian.

The balance of those numbers:

2770 passing yards, 29 TDs, 2 picks

Those were built up against stellar football powerhouses such as Navy, North carolina, Air Force, Army, etc.

The Worst defense in the NFL is better than any college defense.

Brady Quinn will be a bust. I know a Lions fan who is hoping Quinn goes to Oakland, because he said "If Quinn is there, we have to take him. And we'll suck for another five years...."

theyre just negating the fact that our defense is in shambles. some people like to see offensive slug fests where the defense is awful. and it looks like they both watch a lot of college football, and college defenses are beyond jokes.

Truth. In that case they should just watch Arena football.

Well, they are certainly dumb enough to make some people confuse them for Cerrato or Snyder.

"dumb enough?"...First off..you do not know me from Adam but I will overlook that statement because your age explains everything that will come out of your mouth from now until you become a man but be careful because not everyone will think that way and that mouth may get you into some bad situations...secondly... I am sure that your parents are not paying your internet bill for you to come on and display your ignorance. Thinking your opinions are supreme to everyone elses is what ignorance is all about. I am sure no one on the Redskin's staff will come to you, nor I, for advice on draft day so we both are stating nothing but conjecture .

Just a little lesson on life.....now back to football

Archived