Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

for those of you who want to sign Asante Samuel...

Fifty Gut

The two sides are miles apart. And it's not a good sign that Samuel recently got a tattoo showing a fistful of dollars and the words, "Get Paid". "We've talked to the Patriots about a new contract," Samuel told the Boston Globe. "What they offered isn't even worth discussing."

link

for once I'd like to see a team other than ours make that mistake

. And it's not a good sign that Samuel recently got a tattoo showing a fistful of dollars and the words, "Get Paid". "

i dont understand why people are making such a big deal about this tattoo. i mean really who doesn't want to get money? and honestly most black young men are raised with the idea of getting rich. im not trying to make a sterio type or anything thats really just the way it is. or atleast around the area i live in. its not that big of a deal.

The thing wrong with most fans is that they think if they were in the NFL they'd do it because they want to make their franchise proud. But when you put as much work in as these men have, and you generally come from a poor background, you are trying to make as much money as you can. Fans think that players share the same obsession about their team. But to them it's a job, plain and simple.

i don't blame him for not taking whatever the pats offered. they low-ball everyone. i'd still take him, even if he wants earn as much money as possible and *gulp* has a tattoo.

Be very concerned if the Skins offer Samuel significantly more than the Pats do. Their front office is much smarter than ours.

Be very concerned if the Skins offer Samuel significantly more than the Pats do. Their front office is much smarter than ours.

The Pats have Brady. They can afford to let some players go. Without Brady pulling off HOF victories NE would be just another team that makes the playoffs and loses.

I don't disagree with the Pats on this one. Samuel is good, but is he Champ money good? I am all for players trying to get as much as they can, but the tattoo is a little overboard.

The Pats just keep drafting players. Why can't our FO find those players?

and honestly most black young men are raised with the idea of getting rich. im not trying to make a sterio type or anything thats really just the way it is. or atleast around the area i live in. its not that big of a deal.

Thats quite an ignorant statement. You may believe that since professional football is dominated by black athletes, most black children just dream of being rich. I highly doubt that is true. And yougn kids who dream of being rich come from any race, in fact, race probably has nothing to do with it.

And my comment on that article: How the hell did Asante Samuel run a 5.4? Thats slower than me.

i dont understand why people are making such a big deal about this tattoo. i mean really who doesn't want to get money? and honestly most black young men are raised with the idea of getting rich. im not trying to make a sterio type or anything thats really just the way it is. or atleast around the area i live in. its not that big of a deal.

Why they gotta be black? What? White people don't want to get rich either?

You're right. We don't want to be rich. We want to be wealthy :laugh:

I dunno, it kinda of speaks of getting that huge contract and basically putting it into nuetral. I mean, how many huge contracts do we need to sign and have guy play like junk do we need to see that's not working? How many high priced FA's did we sign in the 80's? We drafted and got "good" players and had depth and no glaring weaknesses.

Why does someone always have to take subjects to the point that is highlighted above? :doh:

Why does race even have to enter this paticular topic?

Plus, the statement was ignorant and totally false.

And it's stereotype. OMG in heaven.

The point is that he is not a cheap alternative to Nate Clements like a lot of people used to think.

He's still good, but Clements has the size and knowledge of the system.

It's not like any CB we sign won't be the highest paid CB in NFL history, anyway.

Exactly. Anyone who comes here now is going to expect to "Get Paid."

I dunno, it kinda of speaks of getting that huge contract and basically putting it into nuetral. I mean, how many huge contracts do we need to sign and have guy play like junk do we need to see that's not working? How many high priced FA's did we sign in the 80's? We drafted and got "good" players and had depth and no glaring weaknesses.

There was basically no free agency in the 80's. A player had to stay with the team that drafted him unless he was traded or cut. a version came in late 80's called plan B (there was a plan A?) but it was very limited.

Casserley was great at Plan B though he built the 91 team using plan B.

Archived