Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS RELEASE LB COACH DALE LINDSEY

skinssince82

Just curious, with everyone reading this topic do you think that Blanche should be given the boot too?

No, I think Blache is a very good position coach, actually. He did a lot with subpar talent, but he's not a miracle worker. Additionally, he never came across as arrogant. Attitude was a big problem with Lindsay.

I agree! I think it has more to do about him speaking about Lavar this year and getting involved in the drama. Thats a no go with Gibbs. Also, I don't think he was very liked amongst the linebackers. He did a great job while here, but I dont think his personality mixed with the way Gibbs wants this team run.
I know that I live in New Jersey and everything, but are you so close that you know how the LB's felt about Lindsey and what his personality was like?

Canadian HOg

To answer your queries, there are probably people who fit into all categories. To wit, I am one of Gibbs biggest critics in his second term here but I was practically in a state of religious ecstasy when it was announced he had 'returned.' People who maintain one opinion, in the face of all countervailing fact, to keep up consistency are fools and irrational.

We see this on crime reporting all the time. "he was a top notch salesman and just won the Rotary Club's Father of the Year Award. The discovery extensive video collection of his exploits with children has shattered his image in this community."

Of course, I count as someone who has been a critic of Lindsey since there was first a reason to be. And Pierce and Marshall made it by dint of their hard work. I always point out that Marty Schott. said Pierce was the smartest player he had ever coached. SOmeone like that will eventually make an impact in this league.

But even if someone praised him, so long as the new opinion is based on some reasonable amount of evidence AND performance, I see no reason to even bring up that poster's previous views. Now, there IS a difference between flip floppers who follow the crowd and those who've really considered their positions or held them in advance of the 'tide.'

Coordinators and assistants are being let go all around the league--and their defenses performed much better than ours. Our defense was horrible--and if we were going to bring back the same coaches with the same players--could we honestly expect any better performance next season? I hope this is the first of several personnel moves.

Do we have anyone to promote from within?

I like the idea of a Monte Coleman type being brought in. I'd prefer them to bring in a green coach who can learn from GW and not be insistent on techniques and styles they have incorporated from different stints around the league. Brining in a young coach who can be molded to bring together a linebacking corp in the Greg Williams mold is important.

Shouldn't really be a surprise, and I don't think he will be the last defensive coach to go. I'm all for bringing in someone like Monte Coleman, you think after playing linebacker for 16 he would have knowledge on the position.

Just curious, with everyone reading this topic do you think that Blanche should be given the boot too?

Blache has a defensive line that performed like this:

2004 2nd against the run 18th in sacks

2005 11th against the run 23rd in sacks

2006 30th against the run 32nd in sacks

Williams and Blache both need to see the door.Firing Blache or any other assistants and keeping Williams doesn't solve anything.They all have to go after that joke of a performance this season.

I've never really been to clear on the whole coaching thing.

Who exactly is responsible for decisions like not playing McIntosh and keeping Holdman in all season? Was it Williams or Lindsey?

I think that may actually be one of the main problems we have. Way too many coaches doing too many different things without having a clear definition of responsibilities/structure. The whole thing about Cornerbacks and Safeties meeting seperately is simply one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of in any sort of serious football organization. The fact that it apparently went on for so long either means that nobody higher up knew it was happening which means a horrible lack of structure, or nobody higher up cared or thought it was a bad idea, which means incompetence. I really hope it is the former, because that is much easier to fix.

EDIT: Jackson HAS to go IMO, if even half of what was said about him was true. If he really is at least partially responsible for messing with Taylor's game that alone is enough of a reason.

Archived