Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS RELEASE LB COACH DALE LINDSEY

skinssince82

I hope to jebus he takes Highway 57 with him.

Then we lose your hilarious sig! J/K, the sooner we forget about Holdman the better.

SHAUN MCDONALD blocked him with ease....

that's right, Rams 3rd string wide receiver, manhandled Holdman at the point of attack. As did Reggie Brown. As did Patrick Crayton.

but it doesn't get worse than a Rams wideout easily clearing you out of the way on a toss...

Good riddance!

If Monte Coleman ain't available, then I would pursue Kurt Gouveia for an opportunity to be the Redskins Linebackers Coach. In choosing a replacement for Dale Lindsey, Gouveia would not be a bad choice either for Redskins Linebackers Coach. However, Monte Coleman would be my first choice if the opportunity was available.

Oh come on, everyone. Lindsey was fired because he openly called Lavar out to the media! Yes, all the defensive coaches sucked but at least they kept their mouths shut! Also, Lindsey yelled at Lavar all last season and it bothered the players who thought he should just let it go. But it was his comments to the media earlier in the season that did him in.

Sources at the Washington Post are saying no other coaches will be fired.

What sources?

IMO the whole CB's and S's having seperate meetings thing has to end. I'm not one to advocate the firing of someone, but if Jackson is indeed the cause of this style of meetings, that BTW (no one else in the NFL has ever heard of or seen happen before) then he has got to go.

Mother eff his little school boy attitude and allowing our team to suffer because of it.

As much as I hate for anyone to lose their job, this was TOO long in coming. But I'm glad it finally happened! First the underperformance of the linebackers, with the exception of Marcus Washington, is inexcusable! Plus, Lindsey's annoying fondness for Warrick Holdman. Holdman might be okay as a backup, but I will never understand how Arrington was humiliated, yelled at in the locker room in front of other players, and benched because Holdman was supposedly better!

All I can say is .. WHY did it take so long?! This is a first step in a long line of things that need to be done to fix this defense! Status quo is unacceptable!

You guys chiming for former players to be coaches, it does not necessarily work like that. I am no expert by any means, but it's the same way in academia. Some of the best teachers do not have the most accolades, while some of the worst teachers with higher accolades get better jobs but students complain they aren't learning anything.

Now, if Monte Coleman is already a LB coach, that would work well. Darrell Green would not come to coach, or he would have come in already. Mann, Manley, Grant, or Butz, I would not mind any of them as the d-line coach, but I wonder how well they would actually coach.

I could see Kurt Goueviea (sp?) being a coach, mainly cause he played into the 2000 season I believe, so has some knowledge of the current NFL. Olivadotti sounds like a fine replacement, I believe he was the only Spurrier holdover, and would provide a youth infusion as well.

Agreed on removing Steven Jackson, I think Jerry Gray should have full control as he has a stronger resume.

Hmmm. I never was really crazy about Lindsey, but shouldn't Blanche be held accountable for the poor play of the DF line, too. LB's are only chasing and tackling what gets by the DL. Just my 2 cents.

Blache is well respected around the league. He just didn't have the overall talent on the D-Line. Blache would be a D-coordinator for many teams. He is too valuable. Lindsay rubbed a lot of players the wrong way. If the skins would have done this a while back we would still have 56. Lindsay take your ass home and also take your foster child Holdman with you.

Archived