Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins tidbit: K situation

lavar1156

saw that earlier this morning. here is another tidbits from that post that concerns us as well:

• Though he wasn't happy about it, we hear the reason the Bills didn't offer to extend MLB London Fletcher's contract beyond this season is that they want to get bigger and younger in the middle. Also, we hear the Bills want a middle 'backer who makes more tackles at, or near, the line of scrimmage than the undersized Fletcher did.

saw that earlier this morning. here is another tidbits from that post that concerns us as well:

• Though he wasn't happy about it, we hear the reason the Bills didn't offer to extend MLB London Fletcher's contract beyond this season is that they want to get bigger and younger in the middle. Also, we hear the Bills want a middle 'backer who makes more tackles at, or near, the line of scrimmage than the undersized Fletcher did.

Those reasons are the exact reason I don't want Fletcher. We have him on our roster already.

I thought Darryl Tapp would have made for a good MLB. I was hoping we would have selected him and Will Blackmon for DB depth this past draft.

now im up in the air about fletcher. do we have him for 2 seasons to kinda fill the void while we groom a young middle LB with our 5th pick?? or do we find a young MLB in free agency? im not even sure there is one.

I guess the are shooting for someone in the mold of Greg Ellis only younger. I have to admit that he did make a huge difference playing in that OLB position for them before he was injured.

You know, sometimes they (the staff) see things that we don't see. I thought Novak was great, but the staff let him go. Then when they brought him back, he kept missing.

Yes and they were spot on in letting go of Peirce, Smoot, Lavar, Clark etc. and signing the likes of Archuletta because our defense hasn't missed a beat since they have been gone. :mad:

Yes and they were spot on in letting go of Peirce, Smoot, Lavar, Clark etc. and signing the likes of Archuletta because our defense hasn't missed a beat since they have been gone. :mad:

To be fair, Lavar and Smoot have not been missed (especially at the salaries they'd have demanded).

Clark was a mistake and Pierce has been solid...but now everyone wants a big, strong MLB so he's not exactly what people are clamoring for either. After all, just like Marshall, he was a converted OLB too.

:2cents:

Archived