Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TSN - Lions' Wilson signs with NFL's Redskins(Merged)

JimmiJo

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=190737&hubname=cfl

Lions' Wilson signs with NFL's Redskins

Farhan Lalji

1/3/2007 8:36:34 PM

The BC Lions have lost one of the cornerstones of the defense that led them to the Grey Cup title. Defensive End Chris Wilson has signed a 3-year deal with the Washington Redskins of the NFL. Wilson has started every game in his 2 years with the Lions recording 70 tackles and 8 sacks.

"I am young enough and at the best stage in my life to go for this opportunity," the 24-year-old told TSN. "I am thankful to the Lions for giving me a chance and I plan on making the most of this one with the Redskins."

Click on link for full article...

They have him listed at 240 lbs. That is either a misprint, or they are thinking linebacker.

Maybe they could put him in Warrick Holdman's spot? Let's just hope he can duplicate his success on the NFL level. But, I like the signing if, for nothing else, some depth.

That remains very much to be seen...

I wonder if this statement would have been made if it was one of these over hyped draft choices everyone is talking about....:rolleyes:

Its a good find...

The guy is from A championship team so he must have been at least decent...

Why cant he get the same respect and be looked upon as a replacement for one of the draft picks every talks about we gave away?...

That remains very much to be seen...

This and the other response about the FO might have maybe could have made a good signing is outright dumb. What did you want the Redskins to not try and improve this offseason?

In life if you want to be nothing, than do nothing, say nothing, try nothing. Really, what is risk with signing this guy who was productive in the CFL? He did not cost a draft pick,,, :doh: :( :mad:

I wonder if this statement would have been made if it was one of these over hyped draft choices everyone is talking about....:rolleyes:

Its a good find...

The guy is from A championship team so he must have been at least decent...

Why cant he get the same respect and be looked upon as a replacement for one of the draft picks every talks about we gave away?...

because until we see him play in a real football league and know how the Redskins intend to use him...there is no basis for making any kind of judgment.

Archived