Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TSN - Lions' Wilson signs with NFL's Redskins(Merged)

JimmiJo

because until we see him play in a real football league and know how the Redskins intend to use him...there is no basis for making any kind of judgment.

Thats the point im making......

There is no one in college you can be sure of either so why not give this guy some of the same respect?....

This and the other response about the FO might have maybe could have made a good signing is outright dumb. What did you want the Redskins to not try and improve this offseason?

In life if you want to be nothing, than do nothing, say nothing, try nothing. Really, what is risk with signing this guy who was productive in the CFL? He did not cost a draft pick,,, :doh: :( :mad:

So your philosophy is, "Every signing that is ever made is a good signing until proven otherwise!" Come on, are you serious?

because until we see him play in a real football league and know how the Redskins intend to use him...there is no basis for making any kind of judgment.

But that is the irk of it. Any signing or attempt to improve the team at this point is being judged to the enth degree. I say let us see what the guy brings and it did not cost us much, especially another draft pick.

So your philosophy is, "Every signing that is ever made is a good signing until proven otherwise!" Come on, are you serious?

No, every signing is an attempt to get a this team to where it needs to be. And no signing is a bad signing until proven otherwise, unless of course we gave away the farm again.

HUmm Not agreeing that A. Carter is a skinny Guy either, when i saw the Redskins in New England (preseason) Up close he kinda looked like a dumpster on wheels..lol prety big guy. i wouldn't fight him...

Exactly Carter is all muscle.....

Everyone sees the guy and says he is a freak.....

This new guy is

6'4 240

but he is young enough to add weight and muscle...

There is this big conception that DL need to be huge to succeed....

Alot of the top DE's are 6'4'' and under 270

Bryan Thomas 6'4 266

Leanard Little 6'3 263

Robert Mathis 6'2 245

Freeney 6'1 268

Derrick Burgess 6'2 250

Just to name a few

These guys are all some of the top players at the DE position....

At least he is young, he probably is excited for the oppurtunity, and he probably has a lot of heart. They picked him up early so Im sure he will be getting tutored for the entire offseason. If he is a bust, at least he is a young bust who is replacable.

The biggest thing Im excited for on this is that they are starting early to look to next season.

No, every signing is an attempt to get a this team to where it needs to be. And no signing is a bad signing until proven otherwise, unless of course we gave away the farm again.

There is no proverbial 'farm' left to give away; it's already gone. I don't necessarily disagree with signing this guy but I don't see why we're already rushing into grabbing people. I kind of hoped that the 'Skins would focus their attention and energies more on the 'player acquisition process', i.e. looking into a gm or bringing in someone who actually knows how to evaluate talent. Instead, here we go again signing people. Whether this guy pans out or not, we'll see. What we DO know, is that already we are acquiring players with the same personnel that throws away draft picks and signs the likes of Archuleta and Lloyd.

This and the other response about the FO might have maybe could have made a good signing is outright dumb. What did you want the Redskins to not try and improve this offseason?

In life if you want to be nothing, than do nothing, say nothing, try nothing. Really, what is risk with signing this guy who was productive in the CFL? He did not cost a draft pick,,, :doh: :( :mad:

Spare me the sanctimonius crapola please...

"A good signing" to me indicates that said player has actually accomplished something tangible for the team. Obviously this is not the case yet. Wilson has not done anything yet that I am aware of for the Redskins - right?

Signing a probable journeymen from the Canadian Football League is simply not going to make me sleep any better at night. :D

Spare me the sanctimonius crapola please...

"A good signing" to me indicates that said player has actually accomplished something tangible for the team. Obviously this is not the case yet. Wilson has not done anything yet that I am aware of for the Redskins - right?

Signing a probable journeymen from the Canadian Football League is simply not going to make me sleep any better at night. :D

How does a two year career in canada make you a journeyman.....

So who do you suggest we draft this year.....

and if we do will that be a good signing?...:rolleyes:

How does a two year career in canada make you a journeyman.....

So who do you suggest we draft this year.....

and if we do will that be a good signing?...:rolleyes:

I take it all 32 NFL teams passed on the lad - right? That is the usual course to pursue for undrafted rookies - either the CFL or NFL Europe. Wilson has not done anything yet - that was the point. The intent was fine but the result is not yet known - hence my post that it remains very much to be seen if indeed it was a good signing...

Man, some overreactions here.

As others have said, this is just another little known guy who as signed as camp fodder, who happens to have a little experience in the CFL. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who knows what this guy will actually do. Yes, he's small as a DE, but maybe they are looking at him as a Chris Clemmons type. Maybe he will move to LB. Maybe he will bulk up and play DE. Maybe he's just fodder. Who knows?

Jason

I wonder if this statement would have been made if it was one of these over hyped draft choices everyone is talking about....:rolleyes:

Its a good find...

The guy is from A championship team so he must have been at least decent...

Why cant he get the same respect and be looked upon as a replacement for one of the draft picks every talks about we gave away?...

exactly what I was thinking... now we can look at LaRon LANDRY in the draft.:2cents:

Man, some overreactions here.

As others have said, this is just another little known guy who as signed as camp fodder, who happens to have a little experience in the CFL. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who knows what this guy will actually do. Yes, he's small as a DE, but maybe they are looking at him as a Chris Clemmons type. Maybe he will move to LB. Maybe he will bulk up and play DE. Maybe he's just fodder. Who knows?

Jason

Nobody is saying this guy is a superstar but it's exciting to see the front office making some moves with people that may be able to make a difference on our team and not just some overpriced free agent to make your team look glamorous.

Archived