Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TSN - Lions' Wilson signs with NFL's Redskins(Merged)

JimmiJo

Except for the fact that our OL sucks I think we should draft a whole bunch of DL guys who cant play right away....give Campbell some protection next year so he doesnt feel rushed into bad decisions. Otherwise, we can draft Defense like we have every year but realize that we have screwed ourselves by letting our best DL and DB personnel walk every year and replacing them with old dead chaff from other teams while forgetting that we even had an OL. Get rid of JG the OC and JG the GM and we might succeed for once.

When did our OL start sucking ? I thought of all the units on this team the OL was the closest to being the best it can be . And as far as I can recall we don't always concentrate on defense in the draft in fact I believe with the exception of Rogers , Taylor ,Doughty , Eubanks , Golston , Montgomery , Mcintosh , Mchune , almost all the rest of our last 3 years total picks have been on the offensive side of the ball . I don't remember the last time we had a top flight DL leave in FA so remind me and Champ Bailey and Smoot were going to leave no matter what . I personally am glad that Smoot left because he was a marginal talent and a big negative distraction off the field ( too much me and not enough team there for me ) Plus I think the signings we have made lately AA , AC , TV , SS , MW are all either constant contributors or they will be next year . I know that we as fans are frustrated with the outcome of this past season and that's understandable , but keep in mind that the FO and JG are already doing to things they need to to make us more of a complete team next season and I have confidence that JG will make some tremendous moves in this draft and that GW will correct the problems on this defense , you'll see , be patient grasshopper .

Coz :helmet: :helmet:

When did our OL start sucking ? I thought of all the units on this team the OL was the closest to being the best it can be . And as far as I can recall we don't always concentrate on defense in the draft in fact I believe with the exception of Rogers , Taylor ,Doughty , Eubanks , Golston , Montgomery , Mcintosh , Mchune , almost all the rest of our last 3 years total picks have been on the offensive side of the ball . I don't remember the last time we had a top flight DL leave in FA so remind me and Champ Bailey and Smoot were going to leave no matter what . I personally am glad that Smoot left because he was a marginal talent and a big negative distraction off the field ( too much me and not enough team there for me ) Plus I think the signings we have made lately AA , AC , TV , SS , MW are all either constant contributors or they will be next year . I know that we as fans are frustrated with the outcome of this past season and that's understandable , but keep in mind that the FO and JG are already doing to things they need to to make us more of a complete team next season and I have confidence that JG will make some tremendous moves in this draft and that GW will correct the problems on this defense , you'll see , be patient grasshopper .

Coz :helmet: :helmet:

^----What he said....and yes our OL and RB corps are the highlights of this team. Our OL is in the top 5 of the league.

I don't know who Jamaal Green is but if Joe Sykes can step up with Wilson and Carter then we can go for the Monster DT whichever one looks the best to the scouts on draft day and that would give us a much improved DL right there . I think the FO is making a big attempt to address the problems we all see on the defense . I would still like to see us go for a CB , LB and OL with our remaining 3 picks at 5th , 6th and 7th . Or maybe we could trade one of our coverage stars like Nemo to get a high 2nd rounder this year to get either Davis , Willis , Jackson to fill our MLB hole .

Coz

• 7 months later...
:applause::applause:

Now all this guy has to do is make the hall of fame and ill be hired as an assistant to cerrato when he's stil here 10 years from now.....:laugh::laugh:

This thread is like 8,000 years old and pretty irrelevant...and I thought "I" needed the season to start....

whats up with all the hate? im guessing more than 75 percent have seen this guy play.. more than 75% wanted gibbs to not draft laundry. more than 60% knew who chris cooley was before he wore number 47.. so instead of dissing chris wilson if u dont know who he is, ask questions about him...

gibbs is a champion. im sure he did some researching before this pick up... now its your turn to do some researching

whats up with all the hate? im guessing more than 75 percent have seen this guy play.. more than 75% wanted gibbs to not draft laundry. more than 60% knew who chris cooley was before he wore number 47.. so instead of dissing chris wilson if u dont know who he is, ask questions about him...

gibbs is a champion. im sure he did some researching before this pick up... now its your turn to do some researching

Who the hell is Laundry? HAHAHA

There is no proverbial 'farm' left to give away; it's already gone. I don't necessarily disagree with signing this guy but I don't see why we're already rushing into grabbing people. I kind of hoped that the 'Skins would focus their attention and energies more on the 'player acquisition process', i.e. looking into a gm or bringing in someone who actually knows how to evaluate talent. Instead, here we go again signing people. Whether this guy pans out or not, we'll see. What we DO know, is that already we are acquiring players with the same personnel that throws away draft picks and signs the likes of Archuleta and Lloyd.

This thread is so old, but then again we were wondering who the hell Wilson was and now we know because he has bumped Renaldo Wynn off the team.

:applause::applause:

Now all this guy has to do is make the hall of fame and ill be hired as an assistant to cerrato when he's stil here 10 years from now.....:laugh::laugh:

For the record, bumping old and irrelevant threads while on NNT is probably not the best way to get off NNT.

Just sayin'.

Archived