Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The BOOING of Brunell

CommishDC

I don't care if he's with the Knights of Columbus. He isn't even a capable backup.Everyone knows this.

Redskins fans know that when Mark steps on the field,75% of the field is out of play and the chances of winning said game go down drastically.

This whole don't boo a player is absolutely ridiculous. You're not supposed to boo them but it's alright if they're laughing it up on the sideline when we're getting the stuffing beat out of us? Or how about when you've got two minutes left with the game on the line and the first play you throw the int to ice the game for the other team? Joking and smiling on the sideline at the end of the Titan game. Mark could care less.

Cause no matter how bad they stink, they smile every time they see their bank statement.

Ignorance is bliss, so you must be one of the most blissful, but classless persons on the planet.:doh:

if it was so classless then why were almost 90,000 people booing that bum. i just think most redskins fans think that the gibbs , brunell love affair has put a damper on gibbs II.

Sorry, but it was a vocal minority of the 90,000 fans that were there. Maybe one out of 30 were booing, the way I heard it.

Oh I get it now. The hell with free speech or freedom of expression. You pay hard earned money for tickets and see a crappy product on the field and you're just supposed to sit there and smile? Or better yet, cheer for crappy performance?

What's with the "I paid my hard earned money, so I can act like a stupid fan logic?" You're right. You did and you can. Doesn't make it any less classless.

Sorry, but it was a vocal minority of the 90,000 fans that were there. Maybe one out of 30 were booing, the way I heard it.

There weren't 90,000 fans there first off. Second off, at least a third of the people that were there were Giants fans. AT LEAST. Thirdly, it sounded, to me, that a majority of the Skins fans that were there booed when he came in.

Guest Rafterman
Gibbs should not have made Brunell the # 2 QB. Collins should have stayed at #2. I know that game had already started with Mark as #2. But Gibbs should take heat for still giving his boy a chance! If Gibbs brings back Brunell as the #2 QB next year alot of people are going to hate me because I will dog Gibbs all year long for being STUPID. I have no more patience for Gibbs/Brunell
:applause:

Neither do I, and neither do the majority of knowledgeable Redskin fans.

It was pathetic and igorant of fans to boo Brunell. I mean who else is going to backup Campbell. I was trying to tell others fans to not boo him. There was no reason too.

About fighting I didnt see a fight until I left the stadium. One of our fans was on the ground. Then 45 seconds later here he comes hopping like a jackrabbit back at the Giant fan only to do nothing. Giants fans deserve to talk to us. We suck. We did all of the talking in the offseason, they swept us. Tiki ran all over the D. Thats that. I left Fedex dissapointed.

If we're being all correct and what not here. Souldn't the giants fans have kept their mouths shut out of respect. You know, to have more class yhan that. Those guys taunting us is just as bad as us booing douche bag. Why aren't we ever expected to boo and blow up once in a while. Clearly cheering hasn't gotten us much. You can't sit there forever eating **** and saying "mmmmmmmm, this is great, can I have some more.":2cents:

If we're being all correct and what not here. Souldn't the giants fans have kept their mouths shut out of respect. You know, to have more class yhan that. Those guys taunting us is just as bad as us booing douche bag. Why aren't we ever expected to boo and blow up once in a while. Clearly cheering hasn't gotten us much. You can't sit there forever eating **** and saying "mmmmmmmm, this is great, can I have some more.":2cents:

We arent going to the playoffs, all of us look like fools talking SuperBowl. Just accept it nothing you can do. We lost plain and simple. Nothing needs to be said. Im pretty sure if we won half of you be harrassing Giants fans, and doing alittle trash-talking too. Let them get excited for their early playoff exit next week.

Booing isnt going to change that Brunell has to go in for a series of two. He is the backup QB not the starter. Many of you obviously were aware of that, and was glad Brunell was bench in favor of Campbell do. It was just stupid and pointless.

I am not a Brunell fan, but I respect what he's done here. I do think he is getting paid way too much... but the booing was embarrassing. We are becoming Eagles fans, ugly and no class at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we booed our next draft pick like they did with McNabb. No class to a young player who just wants to play his heart out in the NFL. Once again, I'm not a Brunell fan, but I was embarrassed to be a Redskin fan at that moment in the game. I would've rather seen Campbell go to the sidelines to make sure he was alright and ensure that our FUTURE was intact than to leave him out there to possibly get completely wrecked.

I was sickened when I heard it, and I am even more sickened to come in here and read this thread.

Are some of you actually defending those fans that booed Brunell..... Gibbs didn't have a choice at that point in the game.

After the injury timeout Campbell had to sit out for at least one play, and Brunell was the 2nd string QB. By rule Brunell had to come into the game. But you ignorant dumb@$$ fans booed him like Gibbs had just decided to bring in Brunell on a whim.

There are those of you who are pissed that Collins wasn't the 2nd string.... ok, why is that a reason to boo the player that was on the roster a slot ahead of him...

Yes, I am gonna say it, You fans are worse that eagles fans, and even worse than Cowboy fans.....

:applause:

Neither do I, and neither do the majority of knowledgeable Redskin fans.

Oh please. Funny how a shared opinion all of a sudden makes people "knowledgable". I've seen some pretty good posts on both sides of this issue. I may not agree with some of them, but that doesn't make them less knowledgable, just a different opinion. So how about giving that a rest Rafterman.

Brunell sucks arse. I would have booed him if I was there...

Oh gee. Our hero. I'm sure that would teach them a lesson.

Brunell might be washed up as a starting QB, but he's done nothing but be a class act since he got here. I was humiliated for him hearing all the jackasses in the stands booing. That was a disgrace. We deserved to lose 11 games if that's the kind of fans we have in DC. I love the Skins, and want nothing more than for Gibbs to add 3 more trophies to the case before he retires for good, but I am disgusted at the lack of decency and class by a lot of our fans.

That was what we expect from Philly fans.

Ignorance is bliss, so you must be one of the most blissful, but classless persons on the planet.:doh:

What's with the "I paid my hard earned money, so I can act like a stupid fan logic?" You're right. You did and you can. Doesn't make it any less classless.

"Class" is a pretty subjective term, don't you think? Some might say it's classless to adopt a screen name honoring Sean Taylor, a complete thug who is good for at least one run-in with law enforcement per year, not to mention countless late hits and the occasional wad of spit in an opponent's face. Obviously Taylor 36 feels differently on that one, having joined many others on this site in the role of self-appointed aribter of classiness. I don't think booing Mark Brunell shows a lack of class. He benefitted from blatant favoritism from this coaching staff and presided over two seasons that were so bad that he still lost his job. He had a career losing record here and was paid a ton of money to do it. In the interactive experience of an NFL game, I think booing a player is okay. It would be classless to throw a snowball at Brunell, or any player. It would be classless to get in a fight or use vulgar language in the stands. It's pretty classless to cheer an injury. And of course, it's totally classless to be a Cowboys fan under any circumstances. But booing a QB after a dismal tenure doesn't seem that bad to me.

Oh my goodness. Poor Mark. Making millions of dollars whether he stinks it up or not, getting booed??

Please don't boo Mr.Brunell for not doing his job. You'll hurt his wittle feewings.

While your all at it, maybe you should have Mark wear this..

kutakidzviolapink.jpg

If that's how fragile he and his fans are, that'll probably suit him and his legions of fans as well.

Dude, here is the reality of the situation. JC gets knocked out, and by rule must come out of the game for at least one play since the medical staff went on the field and play was stopped for a injury. Basically, Brunell MUST come in at that point, unless 1 of 2 things happen.

1. The Redskins take a time out. Not something you want to do when trying to come back.

2. Todd collins, the 3rd and EMERGENCY QB comes in. If he comes in, Campbell is OUT for the rest of the game.

So why the f*ck do you boo a guy that is coming in because it's the smartest move? The answer is: because you are an idiot.:doh:

I think we as Redskins fans think too highly of ourselves as fans. We are not as low as Eagles fans, but we are definitely not at the top of the list when it comes to class.

Booing Brunell was terrible, and you could see everybody in the huddle clapping and cheering him on after the boos started. During the game, a Redskin fan of about 70+ poured beer on a Giants fans head for no reason, I saw him take his cup and just dump it on his head. Did the fan deserve it? No. Then when security came down to find out who did it, the old man just sat on his hands.

Then later in the game, a Redskin fan jumped another Redskin fan in the bathroom, he beat the **** out of him. Why? Because of him being drunk. This sounds like behavior in Philly. This was happening last year as well, so the this doesnt happen when we are winning excuse wont fly.

We Redskins fans need to look in the mirror, because we are part of the problem with FedEx.

:logo:

It was appalling. And no, fans weren't booing the lack of a call on the field - that happened almost immediately, when they showed the replay. Campbell was on the ground for some time, and it wasn't until Brunell stepped onto the field that boos rained down loudly.

I looked at my friend and we were both angry - what a disgrace! I was all for starting Campbell in favor of Brunell, but he HAD to come in that play, and at the very least we could have given him that respect. It must feel like <dirt> to hear that.

Someone mentioned that we are becoming like the Philly fans - I had the same thoughts at that moment. The booing, drunken obnoxious behavior in the stands - all the things I used to hate about the opposing fans. Only now it's us. It sucked.

I hope it was the lack of penalty (which deserved a BOO) and not Brunell. He is, by all impressions, a very kind human being and was not at all in control of the situation. I never want the Skins' fans to be known for anything like that

Exactly, MB has been as supportive of JC as anyone else.

I hope he knows the vast majority of Redskins fan may prefer JC to be starting QB but we RESPECT what he has done for us and as a man.

I was standing up with Brunell came in and I mentioned (loudly, but still mentioned) to my brother "This is the first quarterback in 6 years to lead us to the playoffs and people are BOOING!?!" Then this drunk jackass down the row from us yells at me "Oh, thats right I'm the one whose wrong when the entire stadium is doing it too you ****ing moron." I repeated my point to him and he said "who cares about thats, hes a ****ty old man."

This is the crux of the problem with the Brunell hatred among so many people, they completely forget about last year and have zero respect for what he did because he was marginally worse than Jason Campbell this year. I'm not saying that benching him wasn't the right decision nor am I backing him but the booing was just ridiculous. Patrick Ramsey was worse than Brunell for multiple years and the hatred was not nearly as fervent, with this reasoning, Ramsey should have been booed last year when he came in during the Giants game.

Archived