Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The BOOING of Brunell

CommishDC

As much as I hated the fact that he started this season...and the fact that Gibbs hesitated to pull the trigger...and the fact that he is old in age, arm strength, sight, and mobility...

...He DID PWN the hell out of Dallas...in Dallas...with two of the most ridiculous deep bombs in Skins' history...to embarass the Cowsucks on their night of glory...all of which happened on MNF...

Tom Jackson's face after that game...was PRICELESS...it looked like Wolf Blitzer and Chris Mathews after John Kerry got owned by Bush...

Just chiming in with my disgust at fans, the one that were still there, booing Brunell.

Brunell did the best he could. There were so many other factors that contributed to the demise of our season. If people need to boo, it for the end of the game / season when the worst season as far as expectations finally came to an end..

:2cents:

There is no I in TEAM.....and not ! person ended this season the way it is on their own. It's head honcho's down to the cheerleaders.....:2cents:

I was embarassed when Brunell was booed Saturday night. It's one thing to hear the many visiting fans yell about Brunell, but to watch the satisfaction on their faces when we're booing our own was sickening.

They would have laughed at us had we cheered him too. It's been a bad season. My thing is why were there so many freaking Giant fans there. As fans we have a miniscule impact on the team. The one impact we do have, is cheering for our team when they are home. Any time we let one of our season tickets go, and it's too a fan of an opposing team. We are hurting our own team, however miniscule. We all vote, even though we know it won't be our vote that decides the election. But it's the principle. Please don't let other teams fans into our stadium.

Our reputation as the NFL's "most knowledgeable fans" continues to erode.

That reputation has long since passed, and this board is the main reason. Any one - even a lifelong Redskins fan like myself - can figure out within a few minutes that most on here are not knowledgeable about football at all.

You guys are sadly mistaken if you think we are the only team to ever boo our own players. I see it in Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey etc. You have to realize that this is a ME generation, used to instant coffee, instant mashed potatoes and fast food that comes to your car window. If a player is not performing up to standards especially in today's sports world where you have bloated contracts and just as big bloated egos, then fans are going to be extremely fickle. It's all about what have you done for me lately syndrome. And Brunell hasn't done squat in the eyes of the fans. So don't come off like holyier than thou, because it happens in all leagues to all teams. If you don't beleive me, just watch any old game this week and when the home team gets behind, the crowd turns. It's cliche to boo now.

You guys are sadly mistaken if you think we are the only team to ever boo our own players. I see it in Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey etc. You have to realize that this is a ME generation, used to instant coffee, instant mashed potatoes and fast food that comes to your car window. If a player is not performing up to standards especially in today's sports world where you have bloated contracts and just as big bloated egos, then fans are going to be extremely fickle. It's all about what have you done for me lately syndrome. And Brunell hasn't done squat in the eyes of the fans. So don't come off like holyier than thou, because it happens in all leagues to all teams. If you don't beleive me, just watch any old game this week and when the home team gets behind, the crowd turns. It's cliche to boo now.

If Brunell threw a pick or fumbled a snap- By all means BOO but the man walked onto the field as a backup for a shaken up Campbell. We arent OTHER TEAMS- We are the Washington Redskins. Sure maybe that wouldn't be a big deal in Oakland or in Tampa Bay.

Im not saying that Redskins fans are above that because we arent, but we sure as hell should try to be above that. We sucked, and it was frustrating but I would just like to see us go down with the ship without blaming the cabin boy for something that was beyond him.

I don't care about the booing of BOONELL, I think Gibbs needed to hear that.he needs to know that where not going to stand up for any crap like in 05 when he benched Ramsey and put Brunell back in their. I hope Gibbs doesn't get the bright idea to make Brunell our starter next year.

some of you seem to forget, the people that post on this board arent just casual fans. all of us (at least i think so) follow this team pretty closely so we are all aware about most of the things that go on with the team (to a degree, obviously not internal stuff). we all knew better than to boo brunell, but to the casual fan, they equate brunell with losing, and they flip out at his sight, nothing more or less. just remember that casual fans will always boo at this kinda thing, its nothing you can fix or get riled up about.

If Brunell threw a pick or fumbled a snap- By all means BOO but the man walked onto the field as a backup for a shaken up Campbell. We arent OTHER TEAMS- We are the Washington Redskins. Sure maybe that wouldn't be a big deal in Oakland or in Tampa Bay.

Im not saying that Redskins fans are above that because we arent, but we sure as hell should try to be above that. We sucked, and it was frustrating but I would just like to see us go down with the ship without blaming the cabin boy for something that was beyond him.

You're right. Brunell didn't deserve that. I was just pointing out the way the world of sports works now. Redskins fans are not above doing the same thing as other teams. We're all human and like it or not, we have some rotten eggs in the carton, just like other teams.

Booing Brunell is normal par for the course reaction by fans that were promised more and were delivered with much less than expected.

Brunell put himself in the spotlight in the offseason with his comments about going to the Super Bowl and fans feel ripped off that Brunell himself and his poor start are one of the reasons the club started off 3-6.

You NEVER heard Art Monk or Darrell Green talk about going to the Super Bowl in July or August. There was simply too much work to do between then and January for it to be relevant.

A veteran guy like Brunell should know better than to raise the stakes publicly like that. I am sure Gibbs had to wince a bit because he was the first to come out and admit that one year doesn't buy you success in the next in the NFL.

Someone forgot to tell Brunell. Someone forgot to tell Brandon Lloyd. Someone forgot to tell Mike Sellers, each of whom brought up the Super Bowl at one point or another during the preseason or early going after the opener.

As Doc Walker said, let's win A FREAKIN' GAME before we talk about the Super Bowl :D

Losing brings out the worst in people.

Chronic losing lowers the mental age of the typical fan.

We've been a loser for far to long. Last year definitely gave me hope that it had come to an end. Yet, here we are, hearts broken once again. Sad time to be a Redskins fan.

Booing Brunell is normal par for the course reaction by fans that were promised more and were delivered with much less than expected.

Brunell put himself in the spotlight in the offseason with his comments about going to the Super Bowl and fans feel ripped off that Brunell himself and his poor start are one of the reasons the club started off 3-6.

You NEVER heard Art Monk or Darrell Green talk about going to the Super Bowl in July or August. There was simply too much work to do between then and January for it to be relevant.

A veteran guy like Brunell should know better than to raise the stakes publicly like that. I am sure Gibbs had to wince a bit because he was the first to come out and admit that one year doesn't buy you success in the next in the NFL.

Someone forgot to tell Brunell. Someone forgot to tell Brandon Lloyd. Someone forgot to tell Mike Sellers, each of whom brought up the Super Bowl at one point or another during the preseason or early going after the opener.

As Doc Walker said, let's win A FREAKIN' GAME before we talk about the Super Bowl :D

This essentially is the heart of the problem.

We come off a 5-11 season Brunell goes in for the injured Jason Campbell, the boos die down considerably. When Brunell himself raises expectations that we can compete for the super bowl, especially knowing now that he wasn't close to grasping the offense and possibly was playing through an injury, you have to expect greater fan dissapointment when those expectations aren't even close to met.

Gibbs naming Campbell the unquestioned starter would be the first step towards maintaining a workable Brunell relationship with the Washington fan base.

Absolutely bush league to boo him, if that's what they were booing. The guy isn't a good starter anymore, but I would have thought fans would be decent enough not to boo the guy, especially when he was, with a Campbell injury, undoubtedly our best option at QB. Insensitive and moronic. Really not the sort of people I was hoping I shared a blood type with.

Archived