Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The BOOING of Brunell

CommishDC

Fans:

I sat in the stands and watched Jason Campbell trot of the field from that hit, I was embarassed to see our fans boo Brunell when he came in relief. I am not a staunch Brunell fan, but in that scenario we should have cheered for him to be successful in replacing JC. I know we are all frustrated the way the game was going at the time and with the way the season went..... I just think we have more class than that. I saw more fights in the stands than I ever did......we're not Eagle fans..we are REDSKIN fans! Hail skins and here's to next year !

Happy New Year!

It was pathetic and igorant of fans to boo Brunell. I mean who else is going to backup Campbell. I was trying to tell others fans to not boo him. There was no reason too.

About fighting I didnt see a fight until I left the stadium. One of our fans was on the ground. Then 45 seconds later here he comes hopping like a jackrabbit back at the Giant fan only to do nothing. Giants fans deserve to talk to us. We suck. We did all of the talking in the offseason, they swept us. Tiki ran all over the D. Thats that. I left Fedex dissapointed.

Why do you boo Gibbs for bringing in Brunell!?!? :doh: You're saying you bring in Todd Collins who hasn't had a snap all year?!?!? Plus if Todd is Third String that means you can't bring Campbell back in. What happened to Redskins fans? They're becoming as classless as Eagles fans. That and the guy in my section who put a paper bag over his head part way through the game. If you don't have the pride in being a Redskins fan then leave the stadium. These fans are starting to make me sick.

I believe a large number of fans were booing the lack of a penalty flag on the head- hunting shot on JC the previous play.

I don't think they were booing MB.

If ST had made a hit like that, he'd be flagged, ejected and fined by the NFL. The lack of consistency of officiating and the official posturing by the NFL each week to try and "spin" the weak calls has gotten to be pretty tiresome. Still think it's ridiculous that uniform (socks) violations and celebration fines are often higher than cheap, violent and unnecessary hits. :2cents:

do you honestly expect any different with the level of frustration we have faced on the whole? Mark Brunell is the easy scapegoat, 2004 and 2006. Most of our fans do not waste hours on message boards or news sites or football game strategy sites either to understand any better, and this goes for any team fans. Brunell is personally the last person I would have wanted to see come on, I'm sure if Collins came on there would be a different welcome.

I believe a large number of fans were booing the lack of a penalty flag on the head- hunting shot on JC the previous play.

If ST had made a hit like that, he'd be flagged, ejected and fined by the NFL. The lack of consistency of officiating and the official posturing by the NFL each week to try and "spin" the weak calls has gotten to be pretty tiresome. Still think it's ridiculous that uniform (socks) violations and celebration fines are often higher than cheap, violent and unnecessary hits. :2cents:

It was quiet when Campbell was on the ground. Then everyone cheer when he got up, and then as soon as Brunell step foot on the field Boooos was loud and was getting louder.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the fans were booing the call (or lack thereof)

If the jerseys had been switched, and it had been Eli Manning attempting to slide feet first and then getting whacked on a crushing helmet-to-helmet collision, causing him to black out, you can bet your sweet ass that there would have been - at the least - a 15 yard penalty.

I hope it was the lack of penalty (which deserved a BOO) and not Brunell. He is, by all impressions, a very kind human being and was not at all in control of the situation. I never want the Skins' fans to be known for anything like that, even if we don't love him as a player.

Oh my goodness. Poor Mark. Making millions of dollars whether he stinks it up or not, getting booed??

Please don't boo Mr.Brunell for not doing his job. You'll hurt his wittle feewings.

While your all at it, maybe you should have Mark wear this..

kutakidzviolapink.jpg

If that's how fragile he and his fans are, that'll probably suit him and his legions of fans as well.

Gibbs should not have made Brunell the # 2 QB. Collins should have stayed at #2. I know that game had already started with Mark as #2. But Gibbs should take heat for still giving his boy a chance! If Gibbs brings back Brunell as the #2 QB next year alot of people are going to hate me because I will dog Gibbs all year long for being STUPID. I have no more patience for Gibbs/Brunell

It was pathetic and igorant of fans to boo Brunell. I mean who else is going to backup Campbell. I was trying to tell others fans to not boo him. There was no reason too.

About fighting I didnt see a fight until I left the stadium. One of our fans was on the ground. Then 45 seconds later here he comes hopping like a jackrabbit back at the Giant fan only to do nothing. Giants fans deserve to talk to us. We suck. We did all of the talking in the offseason, they swept us. Tiki ran all over the D. Thats that. I left Fedex dissapointed.

I know it's way early, but next season I have plans to be at my first Redskins-Cowboy game in DC...I have been to Fed Ex Field before, obviously no problems...I'm a Redskin!!!!!!!!! Still I see you guys are talking about fights, My buddy who I have these plans with is a Cowboy fan should I be worried about taking him? We have a good friendly banter and I'm just wondering. Don't bash me because next season is ions away, but I've never seen trouble at Fed Ex so I was wondering.

I really didn't know what to say about it... I can understand the booing of some of the pure ***holes in our league like TO who are ****y as can be, but Mark didn't deserve that. I guess that's one of the 50,000 reasons why we are probably the toughest team to play football for if your a quarterback.

About fighting I didnt see a fight until I left the stadium. One of our fans was on the ground. Then 45 seconds later here he comes hopping like a jackrabbit back at the Giant fan only to do nothing. .

why does this even happen at sports events? It is utterly ridiculous and immature to fight over a football game. Throwing beer, fights, getting in someone's face and trying to instigate something is completely uncalled for. If you want to talk some light-hearted trash and the rival fan responds then do so and do it with a little fun if he doesn't respond let it go.

And above all don't get three inches from a guy's face hoping he'll do something stupid. I witnessed this crap our opening night jets game in 2003. After the win we were walking down the ramp and a Jets fan all by himself was sudenly surrounded by two guys walking alongside him one of them got right in his face screaming insults at him and taunting him. That's easy to do when the poor sap is by himself and these knuckleheads are surrounded by Redskins fans. me and another guy asked the two to back off and they did and we walked him to his vehicle just so some retards wouldn't try to jump him on the way out. I was embarrassed by this and apologized to the guy. Completely uncalled for.

Oh my goodness. Poor Mark. Making millions of dollars whether he stinks it up or not, getting booed??

Please don't boo Mr.Brunell for not doing his job. You'll hurt his wittle feewings.

While your all at it, maybe you should have Mark wear this..

kutakidzviolapink.jpg

If that's how fragile he and his fans are, that'll probably suit him and his legions of fans as well.

This isn't about Mark's feelings,(he's tough enough and veteran enough to handle that stuff and has) or fans feelings. This about some fans showing no class and booing a player who is coming out in relief of the starter. Just that simple imho.

Gibbs should not have made Brunell the # 2 QB. Collins should have stayed at #2. I know that game had already started with Mark as #2. But Gibbs should take heat for still giving his boy a chance! If Gibbs brings back Brunell as the #2 QB next year alot of people are going to hate me because I will dog Gibbs all year long for being STUPID. I have no more patience for Gibbs/Brunell

That's nonsense. Mark has had the chance to practice and play with the starting offense. Has seen time this season on the field as a starter. Al and Joe know his limitations and capabilities in the offense and can adjust accordingly. Collins only advantage is that he is familiar with the offense. That's it. Mark's an easy choice this year for #2 because of that. And who knows, maybe he's still a better QB than Collins at this point.

why does this even happen at sports events? It is utterly ridiculous and immature to fight over a football game. Throwing beer, fights, getting in someone's face and trying to instigate something is completely uncalled for. If you want to talk some light-hearted trash and the rival fan responds then do so and do it with a little fun if he doesn't respond let it go.

And above all don't get three inches from a guy's face hoping he'll do something stupid. I witnessed this crap our opening night jets game in 2003. After the win we were walking down the ramp and a Jets fan all by himself was sudenly surrounded by two guys walking alongside him one of them got right in his face screaming insults at him and taunting him. That's easy to do when the poor sap is by himself and these knuckleheads are surrounded by Redskins fans. me and another guy asked the two to back off and they did and we walked him to his vehicle just so some retards wouldn't try to jump him on the way out. I was embarrassed by this and apologized to the guy. Completely uncalled for.

Hey my man, I agree with you 1000% very classy!!!! Kinda worried about taking a friend to the Cowboy game next season....yep he's a Cowboy fan

Archived