Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sad...It's almost over.

RedskinsFanatic

After making all of my traveling arrangements and seeing my first 'Home' game with the 'Skins (Monday Night Opener Vs. Vikings) I can't help but feel sad and grateful about this season. I'm sad of course on the way the season has turned out after so many high expecations I had for the team, but I'm also very grateful that I finally made the trip to FedEX to watch my team, I'm 37 and have been a 'Skins' fan since I knew what a football was, I live in Oregon which believe me I'm alone being a fan of the 'Skins but I always wear my team colors proudly. I can't express enough on how magical it was to attend a game and to finally be around 90000 other passionate fans that feel the same way I do, I'm also grateful for joining this board, being on here is a Godsend, I don't post that often but pretty much visit it every day, I'll follow it still through the year to hear about trades and rumors and rumors and oh yeah..rumors of everything from trading Portis to our new hire of Cowher or Fisher...through it all it is fun. I also wanted to thank 'Funbunch' with his opinions on where I would be sitting with the tickets I purchased (they were awesome) and it was cool to meet someone from this board as well.

I know this post isn't anything groundbreaking but just sort of a vent on this season through a diehards eyes...I'm going to make it a tradition on going to 1 'Skins' game a season at FedEx, I can't wait to go back and to see what happens with the team.

So here's to a long winter, spring and summer for all of us, next season can't come soon enough for me. :point2sky

As much as I harp on this team, well more specifically the owner of this team, I make it to a game every season (which is sometimes a challenge since I'm on the West Coast). You're right too, Skins fans are few and far between out here on the Pacific but it won't ever stop me from representing them.

Pitchers and catchers report on February 15.

Yep. Its easier if you break down the offseason into pieces.

After the season is over, you get the playoffs until February.

Mid march= College Hoops Tourney

Then its Memorial Day

4th of July

Training Camp/Preseason

Labor Day

Opening weekend

It'll be here before you know it!

No matter how dismal the season may be, the offseason is worse. I will be counting the days to training camp again. Can't help myself.
I feel you on that one. Each year I say that I am going to just chill, relax and just wait until it comes. But I act like a mainiac every season with the day to day check ups on what moves we have made in the offseason. :doh:

I feel you on that one. Each year I say that I am going to just chill, relax and just wait until it comes. But I act like a mainiac every season with the day to day check ups on what moves we have made in the offseason. :doh:

I'm not getting excited anymore.

Every year, especially this one should have been great!

But every year, we get let down again.

If next year is anywhere near as bad as this one, I hope it doesn't come at all.

I'm checking into detox for ESism after the SB.

My temtation to ES will be out of control once free agency opens.

The Nats keep me off of ES for the 20+ home games I'll attend. Baseball eases the jonesing because the All Star game in July signals that football will soon be back.

Even when I'm at the Nats games, I find myself day dreaming about glorius Redskins games from the past that I whitnessed in my youth.

Yep. Its easier if you break down the offseason into pieces.

After the season is over, you get the playoffs until February.

Mid march= College Hoops Tourney

Then its Memorial Day

4th of July

Training Camp/Preseason

Labor Day

Opening weekend

It'll be here before you know it!

...if only it was that simple...i wish memorial day was the day before 4th of july, but we are forgetting about 50,000 "is lloyd sticking around" posts in between - those skipped lines between "sections" are not so simple

tgijef

Archived