Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring your yellow seat cushions

daveakl

It's rumored that when the Eagles come to town it's Free Baseball Bat Night, bats will be passed out to the first 95 thousand Skins fans. Not sure what we'd do with them.. :rolleyes:

Hmmm Bash and Iggles fan night, might be fun. Give them the same treatment we get at their stadium, naw we have more class. :doh:

I was at the seat cushion game. Pouring rain and freezing. And it was the BEST game I have ever been to! Whooooooo!

Bar none! It was one of those memories that never fades.

If you see the whole thing there's a second wave that comes out of the upper deck aimed at the crews trying to pick them up, I was happy to be a part of that! LOL

I still nabbed one of those cushions and held onto it for years as a memento of that game (until my ex tossed it knowing what it meant to me :-/)

"and here come the pretzels"

The thing I remember most about this game was the week leading up to it where Pat Collins was getting everyone in the city to say, "the rain is where the Redskins play."

At school, I had a friend who brought his cushion in and it had a footprint on it. He claimed it was a Redskin who had stepped on it.

The thing I remember most about this game was the week leading up to it where Pat Collins was getting everyone in the city to say, "the rain is where the Redskins play."

At school, I had a friend who brought his cushion in and it had a footprint on it. He claimed it was a Redskin who had stepped on it.

Everything you owned when you went to a game in the rain at RFK had footprints on it. Bits of mud were everywhere in that stadium on a rainy day.

Not sure which rainy day game was better at RFK... this one or the rain/snow win over the Giants during the first Super Bowl year where Mosely kicked the field goal at the gun.

I remember a story from Jerry Glanville (Atl coach at the time) talking about the field conditions that day. ATL was bringing their high-flying run-n-shoot to RFK and apparently Gibbs told whoever was in charge of field maintenance to turn off the drainage system. Glanville found the guy and questioned him about the poor conditions about an hour before the game. He asked the guy when he planned on draining the field and he said "about an hour after the game." That's home field advantage folks. :)

Does anyone remember MC Hammer being on the Atlanta sidelines that day? Before he was bankrupt and known only as "Hammer", MC Hammer was at the peak of his career and the song "2 Legit to Quit" was high on the charts. The '91 Falcons adopted 2 Legit as their theme song for the season. Deon clown suit Sanders befriended MC Hammer and they used to roll with each others possy's for a while. I seem to remember Hammer wearing an ankle long, white fur coat in the rain that day.

:laugh: Good one!

Something tells me that IF Snyder EVER gave anything out for free, besides a refrigerator magnet schedule, He would have had the grounds crew collect them and they'd be the "free giveaway" at the next home game.

Does anyone remember MC Hammer being on the Atlanta sidelines that day? Before he was bankrupt and known only as "Hammer", MC Hammer was at the peak of his career and the song "2 Legit to Quit" was high on the charts. The '91 Falcons adopted 2 Legit as their theme song for the season. Deon clown suit Sanders befriended MC Hammer and they used to roll with each others possy's for a while. I seem to remember Hammer wearing an ankle long, white fur coat in the rain that day.

And now Hammer can be found near the stadium begging for change so he can eat a sammich.

Another Juicey Nugget from that day. Atlanta QB Chris Miller left the game early in the second half with injuries. He was replaced by a little known rookie who would play his final game in a Falcons uniform. Anyone care to guess who he was/is?

None other than Brett Favre

I've never seen that footage before. That was excellent, a must be done again. The only problem i have with that is........well, they looked like pretty good seat cushions. I want one.

I have a yellow seat cushion and there's NO way I'm throwing it onto the field, under ANY circumstance come Sunday!

Archived