Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring your yellow seat cushions

daveakl

Another Juicey Nugget from that day. Atlanta QB Chris Miller left the game early in the second half with injuries. He was replaced by a little known rookie who would play his final game in a Falcons uniform. Anyone care to guess who he was/is?

None other than Brett Favre

Really - I don't recall Miller getting knocked out. You sure?

I dont' remember Miller leaving either.

We DID knock Tolliver out of the 56-17 thumping we laid on 'em in the regular season, though. Favre made his NFL debut in that game. His first NFL pass was complete to #28, Darrell Green, who returned it for the exclamation point TD late in the 4th quarter. :)

Another Juicey Nugget from that day. Atlanta QB Chris Miller left the game early in the second half with injuries. He was replaced by a little known rookie who would play his final game in a Falcons uniform. Anyone care to guess who he was/is?

None other than Brett Favre

wrong game. read the kornheiser article.

wrong game. read the kornheiser article.

Where can that story be found?

I was basing this on Tandler's book I read last year but I don't have it in front of me at the office, so maybe I did confuse our two home Atlanta games from 1991. It definitly would have been more realistic for Favre to have been called upon in the second half of a regular season blowout than a playoff game that was in reach until the 4th qtr.

However, I have seen the NFL Films clips of Favre's debut and it appears to be a dark and gray day at RFK unlike the bright and sunny 1:00 regular season Atlanta game I remember from that year.

But if you have the data in front of you, your right.

the link to the article is posted earlier in this thread. he talks about how atlanta was full of excuses after losing the first game(no deion/favre coming in)

Do you know who started for Atlanta in that regular season game if Miller was out for the whole game? Did Glanville start Favre and then go back to Miller the next week?

Ah, yes...I remember that game well...24-7 over the Falcons in the rain and mud...HOGS weather!

The very next week, we dismantled the vaunted Lions 41-10 to go to SB XXVI, then spanked the Bills 37-24 in the SB for our third Lombardi.

BEST. SEASON. EVER. :cheers:

I'm still thankful to this day that we didn't have to face that young Dallas dynasty the next week. It may have been a very different story looking at what they did to us at home that year.

I'm still thankful to this day that we didn't have to face that young Dallas dynasty the next week. It may have been a very different story looking at what they did to us at home that year.

I still think we would have beaten the Cowboys, anyway.

Here's the whole 1991 season, Bandwagon style: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/history/timeline/wagon/wagnfrnt.htm

Enjoy! :cheers:

I dont' remember Miller leaving either.

We DID knock Tolliver out of the 56-17 thumping we laid on 'em in the regular season, though. Favre made his NFL debut in that game. His first NFL pass was complete to #28, Darrell Green, who returned it for the exclamation point TD late in the 4th quarter. :)

Actually, that pass intercepted by #55 Andre Collins for a touchdown.

It was great seeing that video clip and watching the '91 team again. I was there but don't remember much about the game except that it rained.....water AND seat cushions. I can remember watching all the seat cushions coming down and saying "Holy S---!!!" and screaming "Yeah baby!!!". I didn't throw mine because we were all the way down near the other endzone. I still have it in my Skins memory box.

Om, thanks for the Bandwagon article. I haven't read that since it was first printed in the Post. Great times. :cheers:

Actually, that pass intercepted by #55 Andre Collins for a touchdown.

Right you are. I'm must be getting older faster than I thought.

The Green pick I'm remembering was the following week against Detroit in the NFC title game. DG took one back in the closing minutes and sent RFK to shaking.

I THINK I'm right in remembering a brief shot of Joe Jacoby on the sidelines as the team celebrated the score ... raising his helmet for second in triumph, then almost doubling over from what looked all the world to me like being overcome by the emotion of the moment.

I DO know what old tape is going to get dug out of the closet this weekend. :)

Only way to get the same effect is if it is raining and DHall dances out onto the field.

What a great season that was...really cemented my love for the Skins. I will never forget that season because my father and I really bonded over the Skins that year.

The first time the Skins and Falcons played during the regular season that year, Mark Rypien threw 6 tds. That was truly a dominant team, only one real loss. The last game was at the Vet and it took a last second FG from the Eagles to beat our backups.

I dream of experiencing another season like that one as a fan. I think I would appreciate it so much more now that I am older although with free agency having taken its toll and such its kind of a long shot that anyone will every be that dominant again.

Die Hard still selling games on DVD? I bought a couple in 2003 from past seasons and thinking about the 91 season makes me wanna re-up.

Hail.

Not me. Pops and I were actually kind of pissed that we wouldnt get to see another classic Skins-Boys matchup in the NFC Championship.

I still want to see one in my lifetime. Before the season started I thought this might be the year...its long overdue after seeing them in 72 and 82.

I remember watching on TV....Now someone who was there explain to me what was the purpose of throwing the seat cushions? My thought was in 1991 we were an amazing team, unstoppable! Earlier we had score 56 points on the Falcons and the playoffs were supposed to be a "cake walk" If I recall at halftime the Falcons were still in the game, it was raining and slippery and we couldn't go "bombs away" as we did the whole year. We seemed in a bit of a slump. Then for some reason we put that particular TD Drive together and we looked like the Redskins who ran through everyone the entire season, and that TD served notice that the Superbowl was ours and playing the Falcons and then Detroit was only a formality....is that what brought on that particular celebration? Can someone give me there take.

HAIL!!!!!!!

Archived