Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to clean house

nneece

We need linemen, linemen, and more linemen. If we have some trench players that are not on the downside of their careers, all of a sudden we will get pass pressure on D, and ****ty players like Rogers will start to look a little more adequate. On offense, if we got ANY sort of push Portis would have another record setting season...it starts and ends at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Although, there are other needs on D, we need to address the line first.

Here is a thought I had recently...why not just change nothing this offseason?

I mean draft some good prospects, maybe cut some people but:

1. Dont change coaches, keep the plays and philosophy the same. Continuity makes players much better.

2. Dont replace solid contributors like Ryan Clark- pay them to stay here (Betts)

3. Dont think that in order to get the best out of our team we need to shake things up.

4. Dont sign a single free agent we plan on starting.

If we could draft a good SS, CB, or DE to train up think about it, we have Griffin/Salavea/Golston in a rotation which isnt bad, Washington, Marshall, and McIntosh at linebacker- I think Marshall will play well again, and anybody is better than Holdman (how many times did he get sealed inside today???? He was awful, and has been awful) maybe Springs/Human Cushion/Taylor/draft pick or Vincent in the backfield...I think we could go back to being a solid defense.

On offense I dont think we change much. I think Bugel has to get more out of our linemen in the running game, maybe he should start training replacements for Dockery, Jansen, and Samuels becuase Samuels and Jansen are getting old and not playing well, and Dockery has had an absolute nightmare of a season. I think we give them all a good shot for one more year with a good QB to see what they can do...at WR we stay right where we are with the starters. We cut Thrash and Patten, keep up Espy and whoever impresses us in camp next year...maybe get a big WR like one of those 6'4,6'5 220 pound types in the draft just use him on 3rd downs to get open at the marker... Campbell should be our starter next season and for years to come, Portis will be back, I think we can be a good team without cleaning house.

Clean house is in order. Especially on defense.

Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor are the only two starters on defense that I would want to keep. Sean Taylor needs to be moved to SS and Marcus Washington moved to MLB.

Carlos Rogers needs to be benched immediately. Everytime Galloway caught the ball, Carlos Rogers was covering him. He had free shot at the QB on a corner blitz and stutter stepped his way to the backfield. He had a clear interception that he completely missed. Lamar Marshall is another guy that needs to be benched immediately. The piss poor run defense is a direct result of the decline in the LBs play to fill the gaps. When Marshall tries to fill a gap, he is late and usually gets man-handled by the fullback. It's been forever since we had a 4-man rushing attack.

On offense, Jason Campbell played well today. TJ Duckett, I think, could be used more as the starting running back. He fits well with the big O-lineman. Clinton Portis, sorry guys, needs to be let go. He never fitted in with the offense. He isn't the running back that will make Gibbs' running attack work. He needs a TJ Duckett-type that will run over people and wear down the defense. I always said Clinton Portis is more like a Marshall Faulk, not like a John Riggins.

The O-line is beaten-up. They pass block a lot better than they run block. We either need a overhaul in the O-line or they need to get better as a unit. The rushing attack for the redskins stinks badly and it's the O-line's fault.

Chris Cooley had another great game in receiving today.

We also need two new GOOD quarterbacks behind Jason Campbell.

All the overpaid fluff that the redskins have need to be cut in the offseason. We need hard-working overachievers, not $3+ million benchwarmers and lousyplayers.

BTW, Vinny isn't GM. Joe Gibbs is GM. Vinny is like head of scouting or something. Another thing the redskins have that they don't need is all those "head coaches." They need one chief and a few assistants and that's all.

Just got back from the game, bottom line our Defense ****ing sucks. Either it's personell or it williams but something has to give. On Offense, I think the Saunders experiment isn't over yet a few mor games to go but if things don't improve give it back to Gibbs, it may not be flashy but we won dammit. On a side note, bye bye Ladell Betts you cant run worth **** without Portis wearing the D down.

on defense, its definately personell.

Another thought.........there may be players on this team who want the house cleaned.

Blondie

....ummm, Mike Sellers is the first player that comes to mind. He has been as out spoken about the attitude of this team as any one. It was very telling, yet troubling, when he made the comment about players that are only playing for a pay check. Damn shame :(

Try sticking with the system we have .... wow thats never going to fly with this fan base.

The only reason I would change things is because Al and Williams couldn't work together for example but other wise you would be going backwards every 2 years-constant chnage is the reason LaVar and Bailey wanted out of here .

The other argument I hate is oh we have sucked for so long its time for change... going to the second round in the playoffs in how many years ?

we changed things just 2 years ago . In Gibbs second year back he took us to the second round of the playoffs... now the fans are saying the game has passed Gibbs by ... since when? Are you saying the game has changed so much in 12 months we have to blow the team up and get who in... who is going to overhaul the roster and take us to the playoffs within 2 years? Where has this happened anywhere....Coaches have gone to solid teams and pushed them over the top - Gruden at Tampa comes to mind but we are not in thier possition in any sence of the word .

SAUNDERS HAS A GOOD TRACK RECORD, do our players?

It is quite possible that the O-line playes are struggling, Portis was hurt, the qb and receivers are learning the new system, and the D-players (especially line, not springs and washington) are playing subpar. Throw in an ineffective or hurt Brunell and you've got a mess.

Tuna took the boys to 10 wins first year, then had problems. Gibbs took this team to the playoffs for the first time since many of the posters have been adults, and he has to go because of this season. We complain about the coaches changing everything and not having patients, and then everyone posts about getting rid of everyone and starting over again.

uh, uh, uh. This is just sad.

Its clear that the new receivers can play. JC looks good. Portis is good. The TJ trade looks like it might pay off. The weak spots on offense are (bRUNELL- I like his attitude and spirit, but he's too hurt, too often and afraid of the middle of the field), and the inconsistency of the o-line, the rest is great. Problem is no line no o. So we go out and get some o-line studs this offseason and the o will be fine.

....ummm, Mike Sellers is the first player that comes to mind. He has been as out spoken about the attitude of this team as any one. It was very telling, yet troubling, when he made the comment about players that are only playing for a pay check. Damn shame :(

There are two people to blame for that Joe Gibbs and Danny Synder, period.

(1.) FIRE Vinny & Get a REAL G.M.: Check. :mad:

(2.) Get Rid of Archuleta: NO Explanation Necessary. Check. :mad:

(3.) Sack Gibbs: "Thanks for the Memories", Joe, but it has been YOU who has 'handcuffed' the TEAM, with Brunell, 'over-ruling' your Assistants, etc.!?! Get MORE AGGRESSIVE (or, simply, AGGRESSIVE and TECHNICALLY SOUND) on Defense. :mad: :doh:

(4.) Stop running 'outside' so much: Our O-Line is PERFECTLY suited for The POWER (NOT 'Finess') Running Game (Portis & Duckett). :doh:

(5.) "Bye-Bye", Brunell: Thanks for 2.5 YEARS/SEASONS of 'MEDIOCRITY'; and, HELL NO... We DON'T want YOU as our 'backup'!!! :mad: :doh:

Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor are the only two starters on defense that I would want to keep. Sean Taylor needs to be moved to SS and Marcus Washington moved to MLB.

Carlos Rogers needs to be benched immediately. Everytime Galloway caught the ball, Carlos Rogers was covering him. He had free shot at the QB on a corner blitz and stutter stepped his way to the backfield. He had a clear interception that he completely missed. Lamar Marshall is another guy that needs to be benched immediately. The piss poor run defense is a direct result of the decline in the LBs play to fill the gaps. When Marshall tries to fill a gap, he is late and usually gets man-handled by the fullback. It's been forever since we had a 4-man rushing attack.

On offense, Jason Campbell played well today. TJ Duckett, I think, could be used more as the starting running back. He fits well with the big O-lineman. Clinton Portis, sorry guys, needs to be let go. He never fitted in with the offense. He isn't the running back that will make Gibbs' running attack work. He needs a TJ Duckett-type that will run over people and wear down the defense. I always said Clinton Portis is more like a Marshall Faulk, not like a John Riggins.

The O-line is beaten-up. They pass block a lot better than they run block. We either need a overhaul in the O-line or they need to get better as a unit. The rushing attack for the redskins stinks badly and it's the O-line's fault.

All the overpaid fluff that the redskins have need to be cut in the offseason. We need hard-working overachievers, not $3+ million benchwarmers and lousyplayers.

BTW, Vinny isn't GM. Joe Gibbs is GM. Vinny is like head of scouting or something. Another thing the redskins have that they don't need is all those "head coaches." They need one chief and a few assistants and that's all.

So setting the franchise rushing record counts as what? He works alot better than what we have had in the past..:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

as for the coaches, GM, vinny, etc....

the reason we are posting and they are running the redskins is what?

because they know more than us.

at this point it sure doesnt seem like al saunders has earned a penny, but im just sayin... as soon as we are a winning team whenever that may be... i think everyone will chill out a little bit.

Are you sick or something.Portis had 1500 yds and 11 tds last year.He was averaging 4 ypc this year and he already had 7 tds.That was with only like a 150 carries.Give me a break we need to stop changing the damn offensive system.Our offense will be fine its the defense im worried about.Never say we should let Portis go it makes you like stupid.Not saying you are but that was not a smart comment.

That kills your entire argument. If you "really" want change, well then change it. Don't give me the old " Gibbs shouldn't be the coach, but he deserves the right based on his history with the franchise and because he's a HOFer" speech.

I appreciate what Gibbs has done for this franchise as much as anyone, but he's not bigger than the franchise and he's failed bigtime this year. He needs to step down so Dan Snyder can hire a good, fresh football mind for today's game.

We have had the 2 out of the top 3 winningest active coaches and we still lose. Get a GM and have gibbs coach and super bowl in 2 years.

AA is already on his way out. Putting V. Davis in after Vincent got hurt tells that story. I also heard Gibbs looked at the 07 cap situation recently and I am sure that was brought up.

I would like to see Duckett and Betts battle it out the rest of the season to determine who backs up Portis next year. We cannot afford both. The number 3 back should be some young buck that costs nothing (I.E. go find some talent scouts).

Rocky needs to get in to see what we have.

MLB needs to be addressed in the offseason. Marshall is a good backup at OLB, but cannot play the MLB position.

We are not going to be able to address every problem so bringing Vincent back and a healthy PP along with a young drafted stud should handle the SS position (again scouts find someone)

I agree, Dockery needs to be replaced. What the team needs is some young studs to train for the future. We have failed to draft young Oline players in the lower rounds.

Bring McCune off the practice squad at some point and see what he can do. What, the team is going somewhere that we can't give him a try.

Play Espy. What, the team is going somewhere that we can't give him a try.

Looking at the roster we have very few other choices. Really no young buck that might be good. Even with JC the future is not bright if the current roster players don't start playing better.

Archived