Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Missed that but would be interested in what you are hearing I only heard about the collar...thank God its changing NASTY

Think quite a few teams are changing the collar to match the jersey color. I agree bro, hated the burgundy collar on the white jersey last season.

True, but yes, that's what I meant. The stupid "collar" look will be gone.

We'll have this:

Instead of this:

If i'm correct the ravens jersey you posted is a retail jersey designed to mimic the look of the flywire collar they put on the authentics. So basically they are one in the same. I believe the white jerseys they wear next year will be identical to the ones last year, but the only difference being the burgundy on the collar is now white.

The team really needs to wear an alternate jersey (preferably last year's throwbacks) every season. A lot of teams (Dallas, Pittsburgh, San Diego, etc.) have a throwback that they wear once or twice per season. Just knowing that the throwback was in the rotation would make it a pretty cool thing even if they don't wear them often.

• Like 2

Why make the collar solid white? Personally I loved the flywire collars from last year but I can understand if they wanted to change the style where the burgundy only goes halfway around. There should be trim/color on the collar though, I am not down with the all white cause.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0825/nfl_a_grossman14_576.jpg

I agree. I don't understand why using a white collar. Looks a little low budget. The picture you used is how it should be.

I think our uniforms continue to be going down hill. Since bruce allen arrived, every change we made has been for the worst. It's a mess now. Gold pants is too bright on the eyes and looks terrible to me. Too loud. Trim doesn't match the jerseys & socks don't match anything. Honestly, i hate to say it, but we have the sloppiest uniforms. I think we either go back to what we had from the 80s-2000s or get a new uniform overhaul.

Should do what the vikings did this year to their uniforms. Sharp looking. IMO

Looks sharp.

---------- Post added May-10th-2013 at 04:40 PM ----------

It's a mess now. Gold pants is too bright on the eyes and looks terrible to me. Too loud. Trim doesn't match the jerseys & socks don't match anything. Honestly, i hate to say it, but we have the sloppiest uniforms.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the gold pants or the socks we use with them. Gold should stay a trim color in our uniforms. And yes, our unis are sloppy. Two stripes on one set of pants, three stripes on another, socks that don't match, socks with stripes on them that don't match any other stripe pattern on the uniform. Burgundy helmet, white jersey, gold pants when we're away. It's kind of a mess.

So last year nike said the flywire part of the collar had to be the same color of the main part of jersey.......well after looking at the new WVU jerseys, it looks like that problem was fixed so I dont understand why we just didnt go full burgundy collar. Im fine w/ the all white though, its better than the half collar.

BIT7iPICEAAZ6hA.jpg:large

btw i love the gold pants, but only w/ the burgundy jerseys. i hate the white/gold look. should be white/burgundy only.

Edited by vabigpoppa

Looks sharp.

---------- Post added May-10th-2013 at 04:40 PM ----------

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the gold pants or the socks we use with them. Gold should stay a trim color in our uniforms. And yes, our unis are sloppy. Two stripes on one set of pants, three stripes on another, socks that don't match, socks with stripes on them that don't match any other stripe pattern on the uniform. Burgundy helmet, white jersey, gold pants when we're away. It's kind of a mess.

I'm not a fan of the gold pants with the white jerseys but that's because I consider the burgundy the most important color. But I definately love the gold pants with the burgundy jerseys. Out home uniforms should be burgundy jersey, gold pants; away white jerseys and burgundy pants, and if we have an alternate jersey the throwback one is to dark. We need a way to incorporate the gold into it.

Out home uniforms should be burgundy jersey, gold pants; away white jerseys and burgundy pants, and if we have an alternate jersey the throwback one is to dark. We need a way to incorporate the gold into it.

I can agree with that. I don't like the socks we currently use with the gold pants, and would prefer if they were just solid burgundy. The gold pants' triple stripe need to be updated to match the burgundy and white's double stripe.

Strange reactions i'm seeing. Personally i'm a MASSIVE fan of the faux-collar look & am severely bummed i missed out on an authentic one in my size.

I also love the gold pants/white jersey combo. Kinda not into the white/white as much & having burgundy pants for every game, or just having burgundy & white is a little bland, boring, overtly traditional for tradition's sake only, & limiting.

I'm all for opening up the uniform playbook, & i'd especially love to see a few games with gold pants/white jersey combo (with the collar) & the old Lombardi gold Redskins helmet with the "R".

All things considered...i love our logo, our colors, & many of our uniform iterations....but i am a vehement YES vote when it comes to the topic of updating our unis.

I feel our organization is being left in the dust on this issue & is hemorrhaging money it could be raking in if it were to make some updates & give fans more options.

I feel our organization is being left in the dust on this issue & is hemorrhaging money it could be raking in if it were to make some updates & give fans more options.

The Redskins are one of the richest frachises in sports. Not in football; in sports period.

RG3 sold more jerseys in a single year than any player in NFL history.

Yeah, I'd say that they weren't "hemmoraging" money.

So last year nike said the flywire part of the collar had to be the same color of the main part of jersey.......well after looking at the new WVU jerseys, it looks like that problem was fixed so I dont understand why we just didnt go full burgundy collar. Im fine w/ the all white though, its better than the half collar.

Houston had a full wrap-around flywire collar last season. It looked awful, like these West Virginia unis do. The collar is way too big.

So glad to get rid of the burgundy half collar and go all white, would have liked all burgundy but white will do.

I love the gold pants all the way around, with white or burgundy tops. I would like to see a sock that matches better though and as most would like the gold to be a little less yellow. I see most prefer the gold as a trim color but I honestly prefer it as a main, our colors are Burgundy and Gold after all :).

Still love this years throwback and would love to see those colors worked into a re-worked uniform, home and away.

I'm going to wear this out but I would love to see our throwback in away form.

The collar will do as a bandaid until we get a complete uniform overhaul in a year or two

I don't think we will ever see a uniform "overhaul". Some tweaking maybe. Skins and Snyder are very conservative about changing anything football related. Uniforms have been essentially the same for decades. The only exception is the coaches have dictated color combinations based on their preferences.

And my two cents .... I LOVE the burgundy tops and gold pants. That is who we are.....the Burgundy and Gold....not the white and gold or the white and white or the white and burgundy or the burgundy and white or burgundy and burgundy.....etc

I don't think we will ever see a uniform "overhaul". Some tweaking maybe. Skins and Snyder are very conservative about changing anything football related. Uniforms have been essentially the same for decades. The only exception is the coaches have dictated color combinations based on their preferences.

Yup. Apparently Nike has sent mockups of a black jersey alternate and Bruce and Dan said no to that crap. We can always tweak the uniform but why change it? Just match up the strip patterns and get rid of the black shoes (go to the team color or at least white ones) and that would be it IMO.

New jerseys = $$$ and Dan likes $$$. Think about it, plenty of people have bought white burgundy and throwback Griffin jerseys. Those same people would likely buy the new version as well. Also, I believe I remember Griffin himself calling for new uniforms on Twitter, not saying it means anything but I feel like the new generation deserves a new look.