Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Can we all at least agree that the Redskins should never try to work black into their uniforms? It's the lamest fashion trend in sports and I think it's lazy.

Personally, I'm cool with the gold pants when we wear the burgundy jerseys, but the white jersey w burgundy pants combo is sacred.

Can we all at least agree that the Redskins should never try to work black into their uniforms? It's the lamest fashion trend in sports and I think it's lazy.

Hopefully they never work black into the unis.....those strange black jersey's they sell are hideous. I feel sorry for Raven fans having to watch their players run around looking like they are wearing black spandex with matching black jerseys.

Edited by HogNose

Hopefully they never work black into the unis.....those strange black jersey's they sell are hideous. I feel sorry for Raven fans having to watch their players run around looking like they are wearing black spandex with matching black jerseys.

The Ravens' and Saints' jerseys would really benefit from some kind of vertical stripe on the pants.

It's lazy because it's become the go-to design for alternate jerseys these days, and I think it's a dumb idea for us bc black is not one of our colors.

I wouldn't say it is lazy though. You just have to do it right...

Like This

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXmkspSlZZjbrJbCoDkSQiBlpidu-__qda4CsRr5HcbIibiiYV

Not like this. That was lazy.

adrianwilsonblackjersey1.jpg

If you are going to do a black jersey, you better be something else to the table.

Like This

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXmkspSlZZjbrJbCoDkSQiBlpidu-__qda4CsRr5HcbIibiiYV

http://www.cardinalsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/adrianwilsonblackjersey1.jpg

If you are going to do a black jersey, you better be something else to the table.

The Boise State jersey brings up another point which is that I feel like the black jersey trend is much more a college one and it should stay there.

We are never going to have a blackout at FedEx ala Boise State/Georgia/ASU/whoever else tried it in the last 5 years.

Beyond that, I just don't think black looks good with our colors, unless we want to move to Pittsburgh.

Like This

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXmkspSlZZjbrJbCoDkSQiBlpidu-__qda4CsRr5HcbIibiiYV

http://www.cardinalsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/adrianwilsonblackjersey1.jpg

Man, I have to disagree. The Boise jersey is hideous plus they went full black where the Cardinals basically just kept their current jersey and swapped Red with Black. Its much cleaner and better look than the Boise jersey, especially with the white pants.

Colleges do the black (and other crazy jerseys) because it helps to stand out when you're recruiting against 120 other schools. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Maryland unis got people talking (and its worked really well for Oregon).

I just think using black is lazy because it played out at this point -- doing a black jersey with accents that are your team colors. I'm glad the Redskins have never stooped to that. It's fine for the Steelers because black is one of their colors, but I NEVER want to see a black jersey with B&G accents. Hideous.

EDIT: And for the record, I'm not that big on the Georgia or Boise St black jerseys either.

Edited by balki1867

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Otherwise, i question if you are even a fan and I think you should do a little bit more research to avoid self-pwnage like this in the future...

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I hope this guy is joking lol...seriously

---------- Post added December-28th-2012 at 05:42 PM ----------

Is that actually from a game? The background is clearly new soldier field, and the Redskins have played there

2003: white jerseys

2004: white jerseys

2010: white jerseys

2012 preseason: white jerseys

it's from the 2010 game (D-Hall with the 4 picks) and yes, we wore white that day. He has to be trolling

I hope this guy is joking lol...seriously

---------- Post added December-28th-2012 at 05:42 PM ----------

it's from the 2010 game (D-Hall with the 4 picks) and yes, we wore white that day. He has to be trolling

I was thinking if might be from pre-game warmups or something. If you google Redskins gold jerseys that's the only picture (of a gold jersey) that comes up.

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Otherwise, i question if you are even a fan and I think you should do a little bit more research to avoid self-pwnage like this in the future...

You've been a member of ES for about 2 seconds son... u don't deserve to question anyone's fandom. Now as for the gold jersey seen above, pls explain whence it came? i apologize for my ignorance and my research skills, but will not tolerate anyone questioning the 2 colours I bleed.

We have never worn gold jerseys. The damn thing even LOOKS fake. Our burgundy pants are now metallic, and don't have the double gold stripe. It's two thick gold/white stripes. We don't have socks that look like those. And that picture has been used on here countless times over the years. It's a ****ty fan made uniform.

The only gold jerseys we have are the QB practice jerseys, and they look nothing like that.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

We have never worn gold jerseys. The damn thing even LOOKS fake. Our burgundy pants are now metallic, and don't have the double gold stripe. It's two thick gold/white stripes. We don't have socks that look like those. And that picture has been used on here countless times over the years. It's a ****ty fan made uniform.

The only gold jerseys we have are the QB practice jerseys, and they look nothing like that.

We've also never worn burgundy pants with that stripe pattern. It looks like someone took an existing picture and just used photoshop to drop gold onto the white in our classic-look uniforms.

You've been a member of ES for about 2 seconds son... u don't deserve to question anyone's fandom. Now as for the gold jersey seen above, pls explain whence it came? i apologize for my ignorance and my research skills, but will not tolerate anyone questioning the 2 colours I bleed.

The pic is photoshopped. I find it hard to believe that anyone who follows the team closely wouldn't know that we have never worn gold jerseys in our entire history. Maybe that's the case and if so I apologize if you really didn't know. However, if you don't follow them that closely maybe reign in the aggressive comments a little until you are more understanding of the team.

We're all on the same team here though so HTTR my man.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man