Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

:stop: For all of you that don't care about this topic I would refer you to reason #5

1. The current uniforms haven't had any major longstanding changes

in well over 20 years. (the longest stint in Redskin history). But there have

been quite a few changes since the 'Skins inception. Therefore one could

argue that periodic changes in Redskin uniform appearence complies

WITH Redskin tradition. Therefore, ITS TIME NOW.

2. The 'Skins have not had a really strong consistant team since the early

'90s. Teams typically do not make uniform changes when they are

winning! :idea: So ITS TIME NOW.

3. Obviously uniforms are not a substitute for good play, coaching,

management.etc. everyone on this board knows that! :doh:

However, changes in appearence can contribute indirectly (with

other changes simultaneously occurring) to bettering the ENTIRE picture

of improved performance and public relations.

4. The colors are BURGANDY and GOLD....not off-red and yellow.

The next time you open a good bottle of burgandy, observe the

color(before you consume it) and compare it to the color of your

authentic Redskin jersey.....you'll see the glaring difference.

If you happen to lay your hands on some gold boullion, notice the

color. Do you see how its brilliance differs from a urine sample?

note: The painted girl in"Goldfinger" can be used as a substitute

for those that don't have access to gold brick.

5. If the Redskins dramatically change the appearence of their uniform;

you won't have to see anymore of these annoying "UNI" threads for

at least 10 more years!

:dance:

No.

Our jerseys are amazing. They're the best in the leagues. We have the best colors (both the jersey's colors, and the team's colors.)

I dont' want to conform with sorry teams like the Cardinals, Falcons, and Bills. Those teams had perfectly fine jerseys. Our jerseys> their jerseys.

Why change whats perfect?

]']No.

Our jerseys are amazing. They're the best in the leagues. We have the best colors (both the jersey's colors' date=' and the team's colors.)

I dont' want to conform with sorry teams like the Cardinals, Falcons, and Bills. Those teams had perfectly fine jerseys. Our jerseys> their jerseys.

Why change whats perfect?[/quote']

Agreed. And all three of those teams changes their uni's and now they all look the same as each other. LOL

Today my friends, I went to the Hall of Fame store sale and talked to a very nice young ladie. She told me that she was the offical purchaser of all the offical Redskins stores. We had about a 10 min conversation about jerseys, equipment hoodies, and other stuff; then she proceeded to tell me about some "very special" items she ordered today. She said she had to keep it very hush hush, but expect some very cool things for the upcoming season.!!

I would love to see the '02 jersey back in play!! :dallasuck

Guest Rafterman
Today my friends, I went to the Hall of Fame store sale and talked to a very nice young ladie. She told me that she was the offical purchaser of all the offical Redskins stores. We had about a 10 min conversation about jerseys, equipment hoodies, and other stuff; then she proceeded to tell me about some "very special" items she ordered today. She said she had to keep it very hush hush, but expect some very cool things for the upcoming season.!!

I would love to see the '02 jersey back in play!! :dallasuck

The throwback uni's rock, the spear on the helmut means business.

I'd love to get a hold of one of those special jerseys seeing that I missed out the first time. However, we dare not change the helmet ever again even for just one game or one season. I am fairly certain that the current helmet logo was created in 1972 meaning that it ushered in a winning era.

The throwback uni's rock, the spear on the helmut means business.

It also means, LOSERS.

It means Redskins of the mid to late 60's, who were losers. The 2002 Redskins were losers.

Enough with the transparent money making schemes and why not focus on building a winner first?

The Redskins can make the 07 season special by fielding a good team, not by "celebrating" the 75th anniversary with gimmick uniforms and trotting out former players at halftime yet again while the current team is 2-6 or something.

I'm sick and tired of "showbusiness".

It also means, LOSERS.

It means Redskins of the mid to late 60's, who were losers. The 2002 Redskins were losers.

Enough with the transparent money making schemes and why not focus on building a winner first?

The Redskins can make the 07 season special by fielding a good team, not by "celebrating" the 75th anniversary with gimmick uniforms and trotting out former players at halftime yet again while the current team is 2-6 or something.

I'm sick and tired of "showbusiness".

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

We have a marketing corporation that plays some football.

bet they go with White Uni's, but ones that look like this.

31942638.jpg

Yeah, I kinda like those throwbacks. They need to wear the gold pants and the uni would be complete. That with the black shoes... now that's old school. :D

Yeah, I kinda like those throwbacks. They need to wear the gold pants and the uni would be complete. That with the black shoes... now that's old school. :D

The bottom line: a uniform change will do nothing to change the fortunes of this ball club. To quote an old phrase, that would be re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. This is yet another money-making opportunity for Mr. Snyder while ignoring the serious, on-field problems from which this team is suffering.

Give it a rest guys. The NFL is a money making machine. NFL shop.com did $70 million in sales alone last year. All teams are trying and for the most part, succeeding in making money. Win a division? Here comes the official tshirt, hat, bumper sticker, ect. to go along with it and fans will buy them. Win the conference? No problem. Same thing. And you know what's coming for the Superbowl winner. Okay. Those are the winners. Have a bad team? No problem. They'll just put a popular players name on a throwback jersey and off to the races. Hey. Tell you what. Have a problem with that replica you bought? No problem. Reebok has "re-engineered" the old one and made it so that there is a better fit,look, and feel to the thing. Even adding the NFL equipment logo to it. Better get rid of that old one and pick up one of these fast. In this case, the fact that the team has been in the league in one city or the other since 1932 and it's now 2007 just may have something to do with it. You want to beat up on Dan and the gang about stuff including fielding a winning team, go for it. But don't blast the Dan and the team for doing what every other team does in one shape, form, or the other regardless of record. That's just silly imo.

Oh. And when it comes to building a team, winner or not, guess where some of the cash to do just that comes from? Yep.

This is yet another money-making opportunity for Mr. Snyder while ignoring the serious, on-field problems from which this team is suffering.

Heaven forbid that a team owner take advantage of a merchandising opportunity. Did you bash the Eagles when they put out a alternate black jersey? The Lions? How about the Cardinals when they changed their uniforms? The Bengals? These teams haven't won squat either. They all have on & off field issues. Have you bothered to hate on the NFL for their marketing & merchandising of the Super Bowl? No? Then how about at least be consistent in spewing your hatred equally across the League, instead of just constantly focusing on the one guy that seems to be the lighting rod for quick attacks.

You guys do realize, parts of the front office has NOTHING to do with on-field play, and the actual team its self. So when you see all these special things, nothing is coming away from the football part, its just these people doing their jobs. Don't blame Snyder when a new thing comes out, it may not of even been his idea, it was probably the team that is in charge of merchandise! The front office consist of such things as Advertisement, Merchandise, and other things, and then theres the important part, which involves the players and the teams..

So stop saying, "Damn Snyder for releasing this new Jersey" Because it wasn't his idea. He wants to win just as much as you and I, but he also wants to make money.