Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Frequent uniform alterations, throwbacks and combination changes are nothing more than a cheezy gimmick to sell more jerseys. So of course we'll be wearing a new uni combo this year. Nothing screams Redskins like black uniforms.

Franchises w/tradition and history like ours have no business changing their looks for which their fans have i.d.'d w/ for generations.

Boy you said it! I would start a new thread, but oh, wait a second...:(

And man...I have a real good one too! It's something no one has ever thought of before...I can just imagine the ES ramifications were I allowed to post this amazing topic in my head...I think I'll just keep it to myself...information is power...

...oh crappers, I'm starting to sound like Dwight on "The Office"

...See what happens when Betts fumbles a game away in St. Louis and you start a new thread to complain about it...

...Now, I'm a nerd!

Hey turd wrasslers, I was just asking for any new insights. You guys have sandy vaginas, and thats whats making you the smarmy douches that you've turned into.

Theres guys on here who have access to information that I do not. If you don't like the friggin thread, then gas up and beat it. If you've don't have anything pertenant to offer then stow it.:mad:

Hey turd wrasslers, I was just asking for any new insights. You guys have sandy vaginas, and thats whats making you the smarmy douches that you've turned into.

Theres guys on here who have access to information that I do not. If you don't like the friggin thread, then gas up and beat it. If you've don't have anything pertenant to offer then stow it.:mad:

Welcome to NNT.

PS: :sucks:

Frequent uniform alterations, throwbacks and combination changes are nothing more than a cheezy gimmick to sell more jerseys. So of course we'll be wearing a new uni como this year. Nothing screams Redskins like black uniforms.

Franchises w/tradition and history like ours have no business changing their looks for which their fans have i.d.'d w/ for generations.

That's why we are doing it, to celebrate the tradition of this franchise ... and since we are still wearing the same color schemes of uni's since the 80's ... I think it is only pertinent to bring out a new one, that honors another decade of Redskin football. And yeah, it is a marketing tool to make more money, and a good one at that. What's wrong with a little diversity, or dare i say "old school" style?

Yellow helmets with the "R" would be sweet though ...

I think popular opinion would be the spear logos, but wouldn't it be sweet if they went back to the logos with the single feather up the back/middle of the helmet?

Now that would sell some paraphanalia!

And by that I meant Skins paraphanalia, from some of the posts on here, I have deduced that their are several members of this illustrious group partaking in the hippie lettuce.

To be honest, I'd love to see em wear each of the uniforms over the past 30-40 years, at least for one game this year. It'd be a marketing genious for Snyder... Wouldn't you like to see the the encased "R" on the yellow helmet, with Burgundy jerseys and Gold pants? I'd love to see it again just ONCE. Bring in Kilmer, Roy Jefferson, Larry Brown, etc.. for halftime activities. Same for the Speared helmet again, etc... 'Skins should celebrate like there's no tomorrow this season, and don all the jerseys at least once. Besides, they are FAR more colorful than the pajama White-on-whites!!! Those S-U-C-K!

To be honest, I'd love to see em wear each of the uniforms over the past 30-40 years, at least for one game this year. It'd be a marketing genious for Snyder... Wouldn't you like to see the the encased "R" on the yellow helmet, with Burgundy jerseys and Gold pants? I'd love to see it again just ONCE. Bring in Kilmer, Roy Jefferson, Larry Brown, etc.. for halftime activities. Same for the Speared helmet again, etc... 'Skins should celebrate like there's no tomorrow this season, and don all the jerseys at least once. Besides, they are FAR more colorful than the pajama White-on-whites!!! Those S-U-C-K!

The 70th ann. unis in 2002 wern't even throwbacks. They looked similar to the unis worn in the 1960s, but were slightly altered to Danny's liking in order to sell more jerseys.

A new uniform that looks like a throwback has a greater market potential than an actual throwback which some people may already own and thus would be less inclined to buy another jersey.

Uniform stability throughout an entire season would be nice.:2cents:

:laugh: I don't know if you can say that, but it sure is funny.

How about we wear the same ones we wore when we won those 3 super bowls. All this throw back garbage. If you wanna make a throw back, take the current burgundy pants we're wearing now and make them less bright like they were in the old days. They've gotten a little too shiny for me. Other than that leave them how they are. We haven't won a super bowl in any other uniforms, it's the white jersey, burgandy pants and the standard Redskin's logo. Come on, let's not get too old school.

Frequent uniform alterations, throwbacks and combination changes are nothing more than a cheezy gimmick to sell more jerseys. So of course we'll be wearing a new uni como this year. Nothing screams Redskins like black uniforms.

I'd agree if the Redskins were doing some Seattle, Denver, or Arizona futuristic look.

We are going to be wearing THROWBACKS to honor the tradition and history you're talking about.

People need to relax about these uniform threads. No one makes you buy the gear and no one makes you read the threads.

I love Jurgy but hate those uni's lets go for the feather and burgundy tops and gold pants. Old school

Solid Idea......the REAL burgundy tops. Someone needs to show the equipment manager a friggin color wheel.

Don't forget about the helmet with the white and red feather coming up the back to the top of the helmet. Those were our 1950's helmets.

Don't forget about the helmet with the white and red feather coming up the back to the top of the helmet. Those were our 1950's helmets.

Thats the uniform I want to see them wear......I'm a huge fan of the color burgundy that they wore back then and that helmet is straight up unique.

I say the exact same uniforms we got now with the redish burgandy jerseys and the red and yellow stripings.

Those 70th uniforms were BUTT UGLY. So were all the old uniforms with the gold pants and prior to the 80s. The throw back uniforms remind me of the color of blood with vomit.

I like the logo we got now just fine. The uniforms we've had for the past 25 years have been beautiful and a main attraction for me to the team when I was a little kid.

If you want a thread to commemorate it, use a patch and a sticker. Stay away from those ugly old uniform styles of the ancient times.

I didn't read all 1.000.000 post on this. But it looks like I'm in the minority that like the white on white. I think it was overused, but I do like it. I also would like to see the dark jerseys with the white pants more often. But please, no more black cleats. They don't look right with our uni's.

I didn't read all 1.000.000 post on this. But it looks like I'm in the minority that like the white on white. I think it was overused, but I do like it. I also would like to see the dark jerseys with the white pants more often. But please, no more black cleats. They don't look right with our uni's.

I like the white on whites a heck of a lot better than the ugly throw back uniforms the Redskins have worn. I didn't like it then, and I don't like them now per 70th unis. I remember in 94 or so when the league was wearing them. I was watching the Redskind and my uncle walks in and says, "Who are they? That is UGLY!" I really agree with him too.

I'm not a white on white guy, but at least they still use the same helmets and logos and don't have that puky gold colored pants.

I also agree with you. The white cleats look better than black with our uniforms.

I like the white on whites a heck of a lot better than the ugly throw back uniforms the Redskins have worn. I didn't like it then, and I don't like them now per 70th unis. I remember in 94 or so when the league was wearing them. I was watching the Redskind and my uncle walks in and says, "Who are they? That is UGLY!" I really agree with him too.

I'm not a white on white guy, but at least they still use the same helmets and logos and don't have that puky gold colored pants.

I also agree with you. The white cleats look better than black with our uniforms.

Well if your uncle says they are ugly, then thats good enough for me.