Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

LOL I remember when I LOVED the White on Whites but then it became played out...from now on if they do decide to wear White on White then they should break it out sparingly.

O and Hell no the Redskin Jerseys are classics. Don't change a thing.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I have said it many times before...

There are certain uniforms in the NFL that should NOT be changed...aside from the Redskins, IMO the classics are the Packers, Bears, Raiders, Dolphins, Colts, Chiefs, and Steelers.

Most of these teams have had some sort of tweaking over the years but in todays world, these are classic and should not be changed...I would have added Dallas to this list but, well, ya know...

Agreed. I would also add the Browns to that list though.

Also, if the Skins do ever decide to make any sort of alteration to the uniform (not that they need to) I echo the sentiment of what was said above by simply making the gold more gold looking than yellow looking.

I like the Arrow on the helmets. They had that a few years ago,but wasn't sure why... Anyone know? I thought it was like 50 years of the franchise or something.

IT was for the seventy years ann. I personally wouldn't change a thing, but I like the Burgundy jersey and wish we would wear them more.

I like the throwback uni's from 2001(?) that had the spear on the helmet. I'm all for the classic 80's uni's from Gibbs I era, but maybe it's time to shake things up a bit. Those throwbacks are my favorite Redskins uni's ever.

I remember when they debuted them during an offseason press conference that year. They had #28 DG come out with one on. When I think of those uni's, I think of my favorite player!

I think our current uniforms look way outdated. Not timeless like the hated cowboys who have terrific uniforms. Of the current variety I like the white on white. But I would love to see the Retro uniforms on a permanent basis. :)

The retro unis are just BONE UGLY! Not to mention the loser mentality that they bring...we got our arses handed to us in the 1960's when we wore them and then again in 2002 when we wore them.

Any new uniform would probably be just another spin off of the Broncos and Cardinals, but in out own colors.

We have been to 5 Super Bowls wearing the same helmet (only the feather has been changed slightly) and 4 Super Bowls wearing the same white on red...the Redskins are a part of Super Bowl lore and should not be changed.

I think our current uniforms look way outdated. Not timeless like the hated cowboys who have terrific uniforms. Of the current variety I like the white on white. But I would love to see the Retro uniforms on a permanent basis. :)

If you think they have terrific uniforms, then get your eyes checked. You don't belong here. Go have dinner at TO's house. I heard he has 25 million things on the menu.

I have said it many times before...

There are certain uniforms in the NFL that should NOT be changed...aside from the Redskins, IMO the classics are the Packers, Bears, Raiders, Dolphins, Colts, Chiefs, and Steelers.

Most of these teams have had some sort of tweaking over the years but in todays world, these are classic and should not be changed...I would have added Dallas to this list but, well, ya know...

But they ARE NOT classic...they have only been around for 25 or so years.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE our unis, but I would love for us to go retro (like the Giants and Jets have) and bring these bad boys out every now and then (the way the Chargers sport the powder blues).

Wow... I cant believe this thread isnt locked yet.

Did somebody twizzle your shizzle? This is the fourth thread I've seen you post something that was both (A) angry sounding and (B) completely unrelated to the thread topic.

Regarding the Redskins uniforms: They're fine, no change necessary. Of the teams that have some form of red in their uniforms, only about half of them do it right. You guys do it right.

i think something needs to be added, i dont know what... maybe its a super bowl patch :) I was looking at my jersey and i realized how plain it is.. ne patches or shoulder logo, its just a plain colored jersey with numbers and two stripes... (I guess at least its not as plain as the giants. But maybe something like the jets little logo thingy on the chests.

Same Indian head logo but..... The jerseys should be a darker burgandy and they should use real gold color, not the yellow they use now. I would like to see them break tradition and wear Burgandy at home and White on the road. They should have an alternative jersey they could wear 1 home game a year. Like an all Gold jersey to go with burgandy pants..that would look sweet.

i think something needs to be added, i dont know what... maybe its a super bowl patch :) I was looking at my jersey and i realized how plain it is.. ne patches or shoulder logo, its just a plain colored jersey with numbers and two stripes... (I guess at least its not as plain as the giants. But maybe something like the jets little logo thingy on the chests.

Maybe a patch that says "Commemorating the 10th, 70th or 75th year of the Redskins" since it is debatable what the patch should say...

The franchise started as the Boston Braves in 1932 which would make them 75...but they moved to Washington in 1937 which would make them 70...but they moved to Maryland in 1997 which would make them 10...in 1986 they had the 50 year payches so at that time they were celebrating the 50 yrs in Washington...but in 2002 they had the 70 yr thingy which means they were looking at 1932...

How about 25 years siince our 1st Super Bowl Championship and bring back the tucked feather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go back when the current logo first came out. Do away with the gold facemask and go back to the gray look. As far as the uniforms go back to the burgundy and gold pants wth the stripes on the shirts and down the side of the legs.

Rougemont, N.C. loves the REDSKINS!

I am looking for the official color name of the uniforms the Skins wore for the 70th anniversary season. I know they are burgundy and gold, but the colors were darker. The gold may have been "vegas gold" and I am not sure of the official name of the darker burgundy.

They were darker than the current colors.

Can anyone help?