Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Guest Spearfeather
We are going to wear white jerseys the first 4 home games then switch to burgundy for the last four home games. Have not seen the cowboys wear the white jerseys at a game ever, that should be cool, we can see the grass stains and blood on them much easier.

Will not wear burgundy's until Dallas game. So, white's for first five games.

The Jaguars and Panthers have both followed this routine (white for first four home games, dark for last four) since they joined the league. The Dolphins only wear dark at home for night games. Other teams, like the Saints, Bengals, Bucs and Eagles don't seem to follow any discernable pattern.

Our uniforms are part of our history....the look should never change. I'd be fine with wearing darks at home but beside that nothing should change

News Flash!

We have gone through 3 major uniform changes since the late 1950's. The only part of history that the current uniforms are associated with is the 4 Superbowl appearances under Joe Gibbs (something to be very proud of by the way).

This is a new era and I hope that we can stop living in the past. Those teams, under the Cooke, Betheard and Gibbs regimes were a dynasty that will be near impossible to repeat. I'm okay with a change in uniform styles as long as we stay away from those college looking all white uniforms. And for those that keep wanting the color "black" in our uniforms, our team colors are "Burgundy and Gold", not "black, burgundy and gold". The "Burgundy and Gold" is more a part of our history and tradition than the style of our current uniforms....:point2sky

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :ravensuck

http://theredskinsblog.com/2008/07/28/back-to-the-equipment-room-brad-on-jersey-colors-etc/

I searched and didn't see this, so here goes:

Finally managed to ask Brad Berlin the other questions about equipment that had come in since I first spoke to him.

Any word on alternative uniforms this year?

Nope. None. The ones last year were special for the 75th anniversary, but we don’t have anything lined up this year.

Not even a third color jersey?

Nope. Burgundy and white.

Along those lines, Gibbs seemed to prefer the white jersey with the burgundy pants. Some players have claimed to prefer the burgundy jerseys with white pants. Any idea how things will go this year?

We’ll be wearing the white jerseys with the burgundy pants at home until, I think, the Pittsburgh game. After that, burgundy with white pants. Coach Zorn thinks it will help with the heat. For away games, we’re at the mercy of the home team — like Dallas always wears white at home, so we always wear the burgundy in Dallas.

How much ice do you go through for a game?

1,000 pounds per game.

Someone thought it looked like LaRon Landry and Pete Kendall were wearing old pads. Do–

(Shaking his head.) No, they’re all new pads. There are some that are unique looking, and some that are gray or white that might have looked old, but they’re all new, all maintained and updated for each game.

Do players get to choose whatever cage or face mask they want?

Yes. Most of them are position-specific, but they can have whatever they want. There’s like 51 models available and I’ve got 45 of them.

What about visors? What’s the visor policy?

By league rule you can only wear clear. You have to have medical clearance, and it has to come from the NFL office’s doctor to approve dark. League-wide, there’s only 7 or 8 guys who can wear dark, and if you wear one and you’re not approved, you get fined for it.

Is it different during preseason?

Yeah, Stuart Schweigert has one, but for the game I’ll have to take it off.

How much ice do you go through for a game? 1,000 pounds per game.

Whoa. I'm guessing they're not making Margaritas with all that ice. That's a lot of bumps and bruises right there, (go figure).

Burgundy on White is the Washington Redskins . . . Although we went on that wonderful run with the White on White in 2005, the Burgundy ALWAYS looks better. It brings our wonderful history to the present.

I agree with the Burgundy part, but not the white. To me, Redskins game gear is Burgundy and Gold (or yellow...). I love the 60s throwbacks, but this is the uni I think of when I think Redskins.

229.jpg

I agree with the Burgundy part, but not the white. To me, Redskins game gear is Burgundy and Gold (or yellow...). I love the 60s throwbacks, but this is the uni I think of when I think Redskins.

229.jpg

I'd love to see them tweak the unis to this!!!

Burgundy jerseys with yellow pants or white jerseys with yellow pants. Same helmet.

I also like that they are going to change things up this year. When all is said and done, I'd like to remember that white jerseys at home as a predominantly Gibbs thing...a representation of our glory years.