Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Can we please stop saying white on burgundy represents "winning"?  It does, but there are two sides to that coin friends.  If that combo represents "winning", then it equally represents losing and mediocrity.  For nearly 20 years, the team wore white on burgundy with many losing records, or mediocre seasons.  Sure, there were a few playoff games here and there, but overall, the team was equally as terrible as they were good wearing that combo.

Also, the gold pants are superior to white pants.  It's not even close.  Burgundy on white was an ok look for the team, but burgundy on gold IS the team's colors and that is what they should wear at home.

White on gold is not nearly as bad as you all are making it out to be.  I think the first time we saw it, maybe @  Tennessee with Shanny, people were exited to FINALLY switch it up from the "old and tired" white on burgundy.

As a compromise, the team should have white, gold, and burgundy pants, AND white, gold, and burgundy jerseys.  They should then have a primary home and road uniform, and mix in the alternate looks now and then.

A more pressing issue for the uniforms is the piping.  There is just too much inconsistency there.  I suggest they do something more like Oakland and keep it really clean and simple.

Lastly, can someone explain to me how white on gold "doesn't represent the Redskins"?  Looking at you @skins island connection.  Here is a cool road uniform from the 60's, and I'm pretty sure, the team wore gold pants:

3e6cdb707bf1de71b9a4041533239980.jpg

• Like 2

I wish they would get rid of the yellow pants PERIOD!!!  I liked the Burgundy tops and white pants and vice versa, that uniform looked great.

However, as long as they win, really don't care what colors they wear......for the most part.

Honestly, if you put a Burgundy and White stripe (similar to the white pants) on those color pants, I wouldn't have a problem with them.  I just hate the bright yellow pants.  Boston College wears pants colors very similar and I like those.

Edited by Rskins06

7 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Honestly, if you put a Burgundy and White stripe (similar to the white pants) on those color pants, I wouldn't have a problem with them.  I just hate the bright yellow pants.  Boston College wears pants colors very similar and I like those.

Oh man, I do not like the khaki "gold" at all - Boston College / Rams / 49ers / etc... I prefer something in the middle to the bright gold used today by the team, and the khaki color gold.

I think the 70th anniversary uniforms got the colors pretty correct.  I like the dark deep burgundy used (same for the 80th jerseys), and I kinda like the gold.

Here is a great mock up from a few years before the team busted the gold pants out, back in the day when everyone wanted gold pants b/c they were sick of burgundy and white / white and burgundy (sorry, the pick is of Malcolm alarm clock Kelly).  Also, notice the gold is much darker, but NOT khaki, and there are two stripes on them to match the burgundy pants and the white pants.

dt11gold2-copia.png?w=450&h=361

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diesel Hog said:

Can we please stop saying white on burgundy represents "winning"?  It does, but there are two sides to that coin friends.  If that combo represents "winning", then it equally represents losing and mediocrity.  For nearly 20 years, the team wore white on burgundy with many losing records, or mediocre seasons.  Sure, there were a few playoff games here and there, but overall, the team was equally as terrible as they were good wearing that combo.

Also, the gold pants are superior to white pants.  It's not even close.  Burgundy on white was an ok look for the team, but burgundy on gold IS the team's colors and that is what they should wear at home.

White on gold is not nearly as bad as you all are making it out to be.  I think the first time we saw it, maybe @  Tennessee with Shanny, people were exited to FINALLY switch it up from the "old and tired" white on burgundy.

As a compromise, the team should have white, gold, and burgundy pants, AND white, gold, and burgundy jerseys.  They should then have a primary home and road uniform, and mix in the alternate looks now and then.

A more pressing issue for the uniforms is the piping.  There is just too much inconsistency there.  I suggest they do something more like Oakland and keep it really clean and simple.

Lastly, can someone explain to me how white on gold "doesn't represent the Redskins"?  Looking at you @skins island connection.  Here is a cool road uniform from the 60's, and I'm pretty sure, the team wore gold pants:

looking at the Skins 2010 schedule the first white on gold game would have been against the Rams, and I don't recall an particular excitement.  I know people had liked it when we'd worn the home uniforms and so the away were simply expected.  And I don't know that a lot of people thought it looked good

I never liked the white pants look even in the rare times we saw it with the burgundy jerseys in the 80's and 90s

2 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

I wish they would get rid of the yellow pants PERIOD!!!  I liked the Burgundy tops and white pants and vice versa, that uniform looked great.

However, as long as they win, really don't care what colors they wear......for the most part.

2 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

I REALLY like that look and would have no issues at all if that is what we went with.  Even a white Jersey with those would look pretty cool.

Rskins06,

You might want to edit out the pics you quoted in these two posts.

They are getting after posters that are quoting pics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

It's not hard. 

White on Burgundy

Burgundy on Gold

White on White

Throwbacks 

That's plenty. 

For reasons known only to him, Allen will NEVER let the White on Burgundy on the field.  Instead we wear those ugly ass yellow pants.

The 'Skins wore White on Burgundy to the tune of 4 SB appearances and 3 wins.  Yet we have to wear the damn yellow pants because his dad liked it 40 years ago.  

Bush league.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

I'd be happy with a compromise - stick to this look on the road and keep the gold pants at home.

I really really really really wish we'd bring back the spear logo, though. Like, for a run of 3-5 seasons.

Yellow pants have to go.  White jersey/burgundy pants at home vs Browns Sunday.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

For reasons known only to him, Allen will NEVER let the White on Burgundy on the field.  Instead we wear those ugly ass yellow pants.

The 'Skins wore White on Burgundy to the tune of 4 SB appearances and 3 wins.  Yet we have to wear the damn yellow pants because his dad liked it 40 years ago.  

Bush league.  

then we wore them for almost 20 years of suck.  Color is always superior to non-color, I want the burgundy jerseys more than twice a year.

Everybody is ****ing about the yellow pants, what about how lousy the white pants were?

7 minutes ago, carex said:

then we wore them for almost 20 years of suck.  Color is always superior to non-color, I want the burgundy jerseys more than twice a year.

Everybody is ****ing about the yellow pants, what about how lousy the white pants were?

The white on white uniforms are vastly superior to anything with the yellow pants! 

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

The white on white uniforms are vastly superior to anything with the yellow pants! 

8 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I loved white on white...made us look faster...but burgundy pants and white tops is fine with me

white on white has sucked with every team that's worn  it

That is actually Devin Thomas. Equally as dissapointing as Comb was.

11 hours ago, Diesel Hog said:

Oh man, I do not like the khaki "gold" at all - Boston College / Rams / 49ers / etc... I prefer something in the middle to the bright gold used today by the team, and the khaki color gold.

I think the 70th anniversary uniforms got the colors pretty correct.  I like the dark deep burgundy used (same for the 80th jerseys), and I kinda like the gold.

Here is a great mock up from a few years before the team busted the gold pants out, back in the day when everyone wanted gold pants b/c they were sick of burgundy and white / white and burgundy (sorry, the pick is of Malcolm alarm clock Kelly).  Also, notice the gold is much darker, but NOT khaki, and there are two stripes on them to match the burgundy pants and the white pants.

dt11gold2-copia.png?w=450&h=361