Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thread for Philly.

Art

I'm still not sold on Saunders, at least KC ran the ball. Saunders/Skins only runs when the pressure is on, not even when we statistically should like Indy or Tennessee. .

is there anything telling in the fact that Larry Johnson is rolling right along as a RB WITHOUT Great and Powerful Oz - Saunders (not to mention without Trent Green) this year?

okay, just wanted to double check this, i looked up the terms of the duckett trade and found something that said

"If the Redskins finish with a worse record than the Broncos, the two teams will flip-flop first-round picks next year, and Washington will toss in their third rounder. If the Broncos have a worse record than the Redskins, Washington will send a third and fourth-round pick in next year's draft to Denver."

so the redskins will have a crappier first round pick than denver in the draft, correcto?

Nope, Denver wold only get our pick if it's between 15-32 which it won't be.

almost as interesting as last year's off-season aquisitions will be what will happen this coming off-season. How is the coaching staff and snyder going to react when this season is over?

With 7 games left I can't make any guess just yet, it really depends how this season ends. But I can feel through the television this lethargic... un-emotional kind of feeling coming from this team. There is no passion, no excitement... it looks like they're just trying to limit the embarassment on the field and get home to their mansions with their millions of dollars.

The defense has struggled against every single team we have played this season. Defense wins championships. Take a trip down memory lane and look at the past superbowl winners. See what they all have in common? Defense.

I'm not arguing your point about our defense. They did however play a pretty good game today. How many times does the D have to hold philthy to a field goal or 3 and outs only to have Brunell over throw, under throw and throw pics with his freaking head turned away from the play like he was going to get ***** slapped?

90% of our losses are the direct result of Brunell. In some games, if he can just sustain a drive and score, we could have won but instead we get a QB who throws into coverage and doesn't see his wide open receivers down field and will toss a dump off pass to Betts who probably is second only to Santana Moss in receptions. That's pretty damn sad when your #2 RB leads all of your receivers, with the exception off Moss in receptions.

So you can throw that defense crap out the window. Yes, there are problems but the blame lies with Joe Gibbs decision to keep playing Mark Brunell.

Archived