Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thread for Philly.

Art

We Lost to a yet another team that had TWO weeks to prepare for us, the game was at their house. What did everyone expect the REDSKINS to go to Philly and run them out of their own stadium. It's a tough loss. This year has been rough on us all. But I still think Gibbs and crew will turn things around for the better. Maybe not this season, but in Gibbs final two years their will be improvements to this team. People want to say we can't do this and we can't do that when it comes to the draft, and free agency BUT I think Gibbs will prove alot of folks wrong. I think this offseason there will be some changes made, especially on the o-lines and d-lines. And let us all remember that even though this years team is pretty bad, hey we still beat DALLAS.:)

Better Days will come my fellow REDSKIN Brethren. :helmet:

Our defense actually did not look too bad. A couple blown plays is what killed us. How can you play 15 yards off the receiver? Stupid!

Being in Phillies side of the field 6 time and only coming away with 3 points is sick!

This season is a bust and we should now get JC some playing time! Get him ready for next year!

On a high note, our Buckeyes are 11-0 and ready to face Michigan!

If you think our secondary is the best in the league, you are a complete idiot! they are terrible, they are one of the worst secondaries in the league and there is no arguing the stats.

Our secondary the best in the league?!!! Holy crap I did'nt realize just how brain numb some of our fans are. THEY STINK. look at the stats genious.

This team will NEVER be successful under the current method of operation period! We could have a five hundred million dollar coaching staff and it won’t make a difference. When your lead talent evaluators bring in guys like Mark Brunell, Adam Archuletta, Brandon Loyd, Christian Furia, Andrea Carter, Mike Rumph, and pays three to four times what anyone else would be asking and giving up draft picks too boot, this is a formula for disaster. Not to mention the yearly turnover and wholesale changes that are made every two years. This team is clueless from the top down and it will not get any better any time soon if not ever. Daniel Snyder would rather loose and loose big but have the opportunity to play owner/G.M. than be a stable winning franchise and relegated to signing the checks. That is the MO of Daniel Snyder, generate tons of hype during the off-season with high profile free agents, or the latest coach who will turn it around. Have everyone in the local media anoint the Redskins as strong favorites for a Super Bowl run and than watch the money come in. He has been fooling us every year since he purchased the team. Look at the parallels.

1999 our record was 10-6 made the playoffs but lost in the second round. In the off-season they made a huge splash in the free agent market and were supposed to win it all. Instead they were 8-8 and it was all downhill after that.

Fast Forward

2005 our record was 10-6 made the playoffs but lost in the second round. In the off-season they made a huge splash in the free agent market and were supposed to win it all. Instead they we will be lucky to go 8-8 and it will be all downhill after that.

With the salary cap system the Redskins made their bed and now they have to sleep in it for the next few years. It will be another 5 or 6 years before we are even competitive again.

It all boils down to Joe Gibbs poor decision making this season. Anybody who defends Brunell as our starter should be thrown in St Elizabeth's for a few years.

It's not the defense stupid! It's Brunell!

Our reason for any hope is gone. Our reason to even watch this team on Sundays is in question. Our season is lost.

It really pains me to write this, but that's how I feel. I just don't care anymore. Maybe next year.

Ok as much as agree Brunell needs to be benched don't forget the sorry play of our defense. They gave up some really big plays. Now I feel as you do about not wanting the watch a game because the team is stinking to high heaven. But all tree parts of the team failed us.

What do we do from here? Playoffs are out the door. We must get jason cambell some starts. We are being so conservative we are playing not to lose. You do not win that way in the NFL. You have to take your shots downfield bliz or not.

We have by far the best skilled personel at WR, RB, and TE. They are not getting the ball deep because the QB (Brunell) can't run with the big dogs anymore.

Like i said, to all the FAIRWEATHER FANS that BOO'd our team at FEDEX during the TITANS game, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are not REAL FANS and you are the reason our team lost today at Philly. After they got BOO'd at the Titans game, they just gave up b/c they felt no support from our fans. So, thanks alot. It is the FANS fault that we lost today......nuff said!!

Well you know I was about to let the words flow until I saw while I was writing this you were just kidding. Wow! that was close.

Welcome to the Redskins suck let me count the ways thread!:laugh:

What do we do now. my heart is broken and I am so embarrased for the team.

Archived