Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thread for Philly.

Art

I have been a Skins fan for as long as I've watched football. Football season ends for me the last day the 'Skins play. Snyder has shown his heart by bringing out the checkbook. I think Gibbs is one of the greatest men to ever coach a football team.

But, as someone once told me, there comes a time in every man's life when he must grab the bull by the tail and face the situaton. The old vet is not getting it done. MB cannot stand still in the pocket. He's gun shy. He's afraid of being hit. That's why he dumps it off so fast. That's why he doesn't see his second and third reads. He looks at Moss or Cooley, whoever's primary, then immediately looks for the dump off guy.

No one's close enough to the receivers on defense to even hit them within 5 yards. Without a pop on the receiver coming off the line, it's just throw and catch. Time after time, the defense is about a second and a half from hitting the quarterback, but their receivers are running free all day long. I can see a cushion when it's 3rd and 30, but on 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 4? That's not all Carlos. That's the coaches.

The season is over. Time to get some experience with the new guys. Brunell is afraid to get hit, that's why so many passes are high or low. You have to get set to throw a football. He's dancing. Compare his warmup throws to his game throws. On target vs. low or high. Tight spiral vs. the wobble. I wouldn't want to get hit by a 300 pound defensive tackle either, but that's his job.

Bring in Rocky, too. Why we ever let Antonio go is beyond me. Arrington's loss is minimal. Pierce was 3 times the linebacker and we let him go for change. That's Vinny's fault in failing to recognize the talent.

LMAO Yes lets fire the whole team that will solve our problems. Everywhere Saunders has been offenses have excelled but it must be his fault anyway. Our wide receiver (Randel El ) has a better arm than our starting QB who also can't read blitzes, coverage, or get the ball to 100 million dollars worth of receivers... but that must be Saunders. Not to mention an overated offensive line that can't contain #$&*%$# when it counts.

As far as our defense, our safeties are jumping double moves like some high school kids and letting guys run by them like they're standing still, but that must be defensive scheme. Yea, fire Williams too. If he were smart he'd line the entire defense up in the endzone and leave them there the entire game because thats where our opponents are going to end up anyway.

We have a serious talent issue (lack of) in certain key positions. I don't think all the coaching, scheming, etc in the world can get us wins with piss poor individual play. We are extremely fortunate to have the coaching staff we have. Personally, I think instead of trading away good raw young talent that had promise for aging, has-beens, never-were's, and never-will-be's, was the biggest mistake we made in the off season. I don't know about you guys, but AA is making Ryan Clark look like a defensive God right about now.

Oh well, season seems to be over now anyway. Why not experiment with some young guys and give them a chance? Win or lose, Redskins 4 Life!!

This guy hit the nail right on the head I don't even need to say anything

Hail!!:point2sky :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I don't even know where to start. Gibbs needs to reserve brunell a seat on the bench and let Jason take the reigns. Even if we do run off seven in a row, which is highly unlikely, we've lost any chance of owning a tiebreaker. Also, why haven't we seen more of T.J. Duckett until now. He's a big, bruising running back that can punch it into the endzone. Remind you of anyone? Portis going down is a big blow, but that still doesn't negate the fact that we could not get it done in the passing game. Note to Al Saunders: SIMPLIFY THE PLAYBOOK! Obviously these guys cannot execute the playcalling style of your "700 page" playbook. So let's do this; If it's 3rd and 5 (or longer) lets run routes past the 1st down marker. The only time I saw us do it today, Mark threw it into TRIPLE COVERAGE! Saunders is a damn good offensive coordinator, and his system will catch on. My only question is; When? That F&%@ing fumble play just pissed me off. How is it that one of the only turnovers we've caused this season, ends up in the hands of their running back. Who in turn takes it 34 yards for the score. This year is obviously not going to be our year, so let's make some changes for the future. Starting with the QB! Seriously though, no offense to Brunell. I think he is a decent QB, but decent QB's are backups in this league. You need a smart, athletic guy at QB who can make ALL the throws. Not just the 15-20 yarders! Sorry Mark, but your time as the redskins starting QB is done. Let's bring on Campbell and see what we got with that 25th pick.

So here are my changes for next week

• Fire Holdman and replace him with Archuleta. Tell him to rush all of the time since he can't cover.
  • Bench Brunell and start Campbell to see what he can do. Plan to fire Collins in the off season
  • Move Cooley to 3rd receiver as a possession guy who runs inside routes.
  • Find out which player can play FB. Let's be honest, mini me isn't a power back. Maybe that's Duckett or the Caveman
  • Make Betts the #1 running back and sit Portis so he's healthy for next year. Why risk career threatening injury on a lost season
  • Send Sean Taylor out on a crime spree in Northern VA in a Nick Novak jersey. When the cops come, give them Novak as punishment for all of his missed kicks.

What would you do?

Man, that game was downright awful. Guess we can look towards next season. And mind you, while I don't have the vehemence for Mark Brunell that a lot of people on this board seem to harbor, I do think it might be a good idea to put JC out there for a while... just to see what he's got. =/

Guest Knightwchmn

Ok... that's it... season is officially over (We beat Dallas and Parcells - that was my Superbowl!!)

Put Portis on I.R. - let the man get good and healthy for 2007 (it's not like we don't have a full stable of running backs) - no reason to bang him up anymore for a 4-12 / 5-11 season.

Let's look at the young players and get them some NFL experience (Campbell, McIntosh, Montgomery)

It's time to begin re-building.

:2cents:

When Burnell comes to the line he doesn't check the blitz, the coverage, or go to an audibile. He looks so scare in the pocket and never step up in the pocket when the protect is there. I know our O-line suck this year but a good quarterback find a way to create something from nothing.

unless we go undefeated all the way(we'd have to beat philly, giants, carolina, saints, falcons) we have no chance at the playoffs. So basically, we arent going to the playoffs which pisses me off cuz i believed in this team until after this loss today. ive been talking up a storm, whom none of them are skins fans, and im going to get an earful for the next year. if they do this again next year, im going to get another earful. ill always be a fan though.

Now to the main point. start campbell cuz if we dont, how are we to know he is going to be the future of this team and a quality starter next year(i sure hope they arent planning on MB starting next year)? In college he put up good numbers, but that was with less than 20 passes a game against defenses set up against the run. i need to see for myself if he is the real thing

also, i dont know if its cuz of the coaches or MB just stinks, but why does he ALWAYS throw dink passes and check down passes. Is it just me, or does he seem to always try to protect himself whenever he throws the ball?

:mad: Would somebody give Brunell his AARP card, so he can ride off into the sunset and finally Campbell can show us all that he's the man.

Why is it so obvious to us all that Brunell sucks **** through a straw, but they keep playing him every week. There were a couple of plays he just stared down who he was going to throw to, and guess what...they got one. Santana looked like he was supposed to be going down field. Silly Santana, don't you know he's only good for one good throw down field. Lloyd got that one this game. You want to receive a pass from sir douchebag, you got to stay within 5 yards.

Anyone who thinks I'm being harsh...**** it! I was born in D.C., grew up in Maryland, and played football for the Terps. I have been a Skins fan since before I could walk, but now I seriously get ill everytime I see Brunell step on the field. He needs to go NOW!!!!!!!!!!

It all boils down to Joe Gibbs poor decision making this season. Anybody who defends Brunell as our starter should be thrown in St Elizabeth's for a few years.

It's not the defense stupid! It's Brunell!

Our reason for any hope is gone. Our reason to even watch this team on Sundays is in question. Our season is lost.

It really pains me to write this, but that's how I feel. I just don't care anymore. Maybe next year.

TWO WORDS:

GENERAL MANAGER

Without it...well,...we're seeing what happens without a true GM. As long as Vinny keeps fooling Gibbs and as long as Snyder keeps his racketball partner around...this is what we will get.

My guess would be that in Gibbs previous tenure with the skins, he always was faithful to the QB as long as he was not turning the ball over too often or injured bad enough not to continue. I think this faithfulness lives on regardless of the damaging effects. I will add one more thought, I think Portis needs to be used in different strategies and get Duckett and Sellars in on busting defensive lines.

Here in Southern Indiana I only get to see the national games and this one looked like every other this season that i have watched.

The offense absolutely refuses to put the ball down the field!! The defense gives up big plays. Every game has been like this.

Brunell isn't doing that bad, Gibbs overpaid him for the return we are getting though. Maybe now it is time for a change, what is the worst that can happen? Campbell may bring something to the table. He's a smart kid and I feel he would do just fine.

The big issue is the defense (what carried the team last year) giving up BIG plays. Philly didn't whoop us, they got big plays that opened the game up to them. Granted, the our secondary, which I feel is the best in the league, still gave open cover on short yardage. Why? Especially with McNabb at the wheel

I think Gibbs is the right man, afterall, he does have a handfull of rings. Snyder is committed to winning.

The playoffs are all but lost, maybe they should shake things up a little.

I don't know

Here in Southern Indiana I only get to see the national games and this one looked like every other this season that i have watched.

The offense absolutely refuses to put the ball down the field!! The defense gives up big plays. Every game has been like this.

Brunell isn't doing that bad, Gibbs overpaid him for the return we are getting though. Maybe now it is time for a change, what is the worst that can happen? Campbell may bring something to the table. He's a smart kid and I feel he would do just fine.

The big issue is the defense (what carried the team last year) giving up BIG plays. Philly didn't whoop us, they got big plays that opened the game up to them. Granted, the our secondary, which I feel is the best in the league, still gave open cover on short yardage. Why? Especially with McNabb at the wheel

I think Gibbs is the right man, afterall, he does have a handfull of rings. Snyder is committed to winning.

The playoffs are all but lost, maybe they should shake things up a little.

I don't know

Campbell should have got a chance at the begining of th year, he can't do any worse. And if you ask me the play calling sucks. One play sticks out from yesterday, on 3rd and 6 we throw a 2 yd slant. These kind of plays happen multiple times every game, how are we supposed to win.

And our secondary sucks! The only corner who can cover a player is Springs, and Taylor can't be everywhere. So all a team has to do is avoid those 2 and you have a big gain.

:mad: Would somebody give Brunell his AARP card, so he can ride off into the sunset and finally Campbell can show us all that he's the man.

Why is it so obvious to us all that Brunell sucks **** through a straw, but they keep playing him every week. There were a couple of plays he just stared down who he was going to throw to, and guess what...they got one. Santana looked like he was supposed to be going down field. Silly Santana, don't you know he's only good for one good throw down field. Lloyd got that one this game. You want to receive a pass from sir douchebag, you got to stay within 5 yards.

Anyone who thinks I'm being harsh...**** it! I was born in D.C., grew up in Maryland, and played football for the Terps. I have been a Skins fan since before I could walk, but now I seriously get ill everytime I see Brunell step on the field. He needs to go NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Harsh? I thought you were putting it nice!

Archived