Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Archuleta Struggles to Find Place With Redskins

Isifhan

for his play on the feild he is worth a 10 thousand dollar siging bonus,6years for 6 million.he aint worth squat cut him and take the cap hit

And who exactly would we replace him with? Vincent is already playing...I love uninformed posts like this.

Archuleta was the handpicked choice of assistant head coach -- defense Gregg Williams, but those days in March when he would brainstorm with Williams until the late hours -- a courtship that culminated in a six-year, $30 million contract with $10 million guaranteed, a record for a safety -- have been the high point for him in Washington.

now people can drop the "Snyder forced Archuleta on Williams" conspiracy theory

Guest mwill008
Well, he was a linebacker at Arizona, and the main reason he made it to the NFL was going through those crazy evo-pro workouts that upped his 40 time and 225 bench reps. Undersized to be an NFL linebacker, the Rams drafted him to be a defensive back. I think he has to develop coverage skills, even more so than when he played for Lovie Smith, and in this defensive scheme, coverage skills have to be perfect for it to work. When they aren't, well, you're seeing what happens when they aren't. 30th in the league in pass defense.

Finally, someone that every player is like Madden 07. AA is a solid safety, but for the past 4 yrs he has been in a system. It will take season to adjust. He has the ability but lacks the techinque.

I actually liked Arch when he played for St. Louis, and I was really excited about him coming to play for us. He's dissapointed us all, but I'm really hoping that Troy can teach him how to cover better.

I wonder how he would've played had he gone to Chicago ... :rolleyes:

At least AA didnt whine, blame or complain. Losing a starting job is always a humbling experience. Hopefully, he will become a better player.

It's because:

1) He's getting paid insanely little performance.

2) He's a new guy. If he's been with the team for few years, especially the face of the franchise, he might have some standing with owner, coaches, fans and etc., but since he hasn't, any public outburst would be death to his short Skins career.

Can we offically label him a bust? Next, I am looking at you Carter.

Archuleta said. "It's just a matter of me getting back to who I am and what's important to me and playing the game the way I see it, through my eyes and not through someone else's, and it will work out."

Wow, what a shot at the coaching staff. He is out right saying they have no idea how he should be playing and I'll play my way and it will work out.

Thanks for the 1 year Lavar, I mean Adam.....

I think youre reading a little too much into that buddy.

Keep your head up Arch. Keep working and itll come.

The guy needs to get a pick or something to get his confidence back. No one on the defense is playing up to their ability right now, its unfair that all the criticism has been placed on Adam.

Everyone needs to play better over there.

At least he has taken his demotion from the starting line-up in stride unlike the Haywood and Thomas situation.

Reading that he had to work hard in life to get to the point where he is now really speaks volumes.

We'll see how he responds these upcoming games against Philly and Tampa!

Agreed. I don't wanna see AA start tryin to fight Vincent!

I know you guys want to take up for the kid but there is a certain amount of expectations when you sign a signing bonus like that but has admitted to being stronger in one aspect of his game. I think he accepts the criticism and will definitely have to work on other parts of his game/position.

Remember he was criticized by the skins' organization about his training program w/ respect to his agility drills. Agility is key to being a defensive back in the secondary (changing direction w/o slowing down) and AA struggles to do that.

IF (notice big IF) he develops into his true potential, can we still afford to pay him when Sean Taylors contract is due? ST truly deserves a big check. period. Unless AA is willing to re-negotiate his contract, keeping him may mean letting better players go. What do y'all think?

Guess he should have worked out with the team in the off season instead of working out back in Arizona. Now he feels confused and misused. STFU. You received 10 up front. Stop crying and step up. You should be happy Snyder overpaid for your slow @ss. Now he feels bad. You were paid the highest salary in football for a safety. You don't think people would expect more than just a run supporting safety with no cover skills. KUDOs for the contract but that comes with the territory pal. Call A-ROD and see how he likes his big contract and the pressure that came with it. Damn cry baby.

Sounds pretty dejected. I don't know. Doesn't it make you wonder if he's going to a) fight for his starting job and fix the issues or B) sit on the money and just play as the "hybrid backer" and on special teams?

Wow, what a huge blunder if they've payed a guy 30 mill' to be a special teamer and a package guy versus a quality starter. At what point do you trust him and put him back in the game as a starter? Too risky if you ask me.

HTTR

i have personally taken many shots at AA, but we need to realize he not the whole problem. he has definitely contributed to the defensive woes, but i think the whole unit is underachieving. i really give him props for the commments he made in this interview..im gonna be rooting for him to pull it together and regain his starting job

Some of what Archuleta said was guarded, as he clearly was unwilling to engage beyond a certain level of detail. He has not been happy in Washington, and some teammates have said he is playing with such broken confidence that even routine plays have become difficult.
WTF

Get your **** together Arch.

I'm not sure why everyone has been down on AA to begin with. I understand he is making a lot of money, but he is new to this system, and let's face it, the entire defense minus Washington, including returning veterans, has been piss poor. It is not his, AA's, fault and the poor play of this defense does not rest on the shoulders of any one player. It is the unit, regardless of how much money they make.

Archived