Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Archuleta Struggles to Find Place With Redskins

Isifhan

He was abused by Witten all day....honestly a LB could've done a better job.

Maybe he isn't the right fit for this scheme, and that's what he's dissappointed/upset about...but you can't have the title of "safety" and not expect to cover people at least somewhat.

He's played like he's completely lost....and he needs to sit, until he finds some game.

If he ever does.

Yeah, he sounds utterly defeated, despite the hollow attempts at bravado. What a terrible disappointment. You'd think a guy that had busted his arse to get into the NFL and excel would be able to find the motivation within himself to overcome these kinds of challenges. I guess not.

I'm not ready to bury the guy yet. Does he deserve to be one of the highest paid safeties in the league - no. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have any value to this team. He'll still be a great contributor on special teams and Williams will get him in there on obvious run downs. GW just has to be careful about allowing teams to isolate him in coverage. When we had injuries at CB, he was forced to play out of his element: 10-15 yards off the line. It also didn't help that our Dline couldn't even sniff the QB. Archuleta hasn't been the only DB who has been burned so far this season. From the games I've been watching - our DBs have been taking turns getting burned. Let's not scapegoat the guy.

The Problem I have with this is Marshall could play this 3rd down hybrid safety/LB role they're making for AA. With the money they spent on AA, they could of resigned Clark and signed LB Bart Scott in FA. Yeah, Scott re-signed with the Ravens but he was available in FA for a week and he can play all three LB spots well. I guess the problem was Scott wasn't a big enough name for this team.

That was a solid article and was nice to hear Adam speak out about his confidence. At least now the fans have a little insight into him and stepping up like he did took some balls. You gotta respect that.

I remember him at ASU and he was always the consumate hard worker. The type of guy that had to scratch and claw his way into playing time. Now he gets to play that role again. I suppose we'll see how it turns out. As a Skins fan I hope for the best. As a realist, I don't know if he's really suited for our defense.

The Problem I have with this is Marshall could play this 3rd down hybrid safety/LB role they're making for AA. With the money they spent on AA, they could of resigned Clark and signed LB Bart Scott in FA. Yeah, Scott re-signed with the Ravens but he was available in FA for a week and he can play all three LB spots well. I guess the problem was Scott wasn't a big enough name for this team.

They both can do it on obvious passing downs:

5 DB's Rogers, Springs, Wright, Taylor, Vincent

2 DB/LB's Marshall, Archulleta

1 LB Washington

3 DL Carter, Griffen, ????

From this formation you would likely blitz at least one DB or LB (Archuleta, Marshall, or Taylor)

I can't believe you guys. Archuleta is out there fighting his guts out for us on every defensive snap and here you guys are making him a scapegoat for the players around him. He's ranked in the top 10 among safeties in this league for a reason, and you ingrates can't help but hate on the guy anyway. You all should be ashamed. I for one am grateful to him for resurrecting our moribund defene of the past few seasons.

And that WaPo writer obviously just has it in for the Skins. Lousey biased mediots. Hey look, Snyder took your tickets away - just get used to it and stop hatin' on the team you loser.

Top 10 safties in the league? :laugh:

He is the 6th maybe 7th with Vincent now here in his own division :laugh:

Everyone is down on AA. What a shame. The guy is a great safety. When he is playing free safety, not strong safety. The real problem with our secondary/D is not just AA.

Some insight into AAs short comings................

1. New D w/ alot of packages, that require alot of player reads and correct positioning w/ other players.

2. New position in that new D. Wasnt AA a free safety w/ the Rams.

3. Our corner play has sucked. No way to sugar coat it. Wright and Rumph look horrible.

4. Injuries. Springs being hurt put a noose on the secondaries neck. PP getting hurt has really hurt the secondary more than any one wants to realize. ( rememer the intention was always, have AA, ST, & PP on the field alot of the time. ) Injuries to the D line have hurt as well.

5. Poor ass LB play............ save for Washington.

6. A D-line that can actually generate a rush, pressure, force the QB to slide a little would be nice. Sacks would be great but I dont want my expectations to be unrealistic.

7. The system. Too many diffrent packages for too many new faces. Simplify and let the players get accomodated. Let the players play to their individual strengths.

Every player on D has one thing in common. Not playing too potential or the level expectation associated w/ bieng a Gibbs Redskin. Every player has had their moments of poor play. Head not in the game, no heart, not finishing, bieng out of place, playing weak, whatever! All of those players and coaches need to get it together. Stop planning and playing like *******.

The bottom line is he hasn't met up to his potential, and his own abilities. For whatever reason, he was a detrement to the defense, getting his ass kicked all over the field. It was visible, it was obvious, and now he must pick himself up by the bootstraps and reevaluate his attitude to make himself a better Redskin.

I can't believe you guys. Archuleta is out there fighting his guts out for us on every defensive snap and here you guys are making him a scapegoat for the players around him. He's ranked in the top 10 among safeties in this league for a reason, and you ingrates can't help but hate on the guy anyway. You all should be ashamed. I for one am grateful to him for resurrecting our moribund defene of the past few seasons.

And that WaPo writer obviously just has it in for the Skins. Lousey biased mediots. Hey look, Snyder took your tickets away - just get used to it and stop hatin' on the team you loser.

Top ten based on what? Tackles?

I don't know who you are, but you have absolutely 0 credibility with me now based soley on that statement.

:logo:

Archived