Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone else feel like coach Gibbs was talking directly to EXTREMESKINS yesterday?

flexxskins

The more the coach tried to explain and help Redskins fans to better understand what has been going on with the team/organization yesterday, during his presser, I couldn't help feeling like he was responding to actual threads that he has been reading here.

I have always wondered how many players actually frequent this board, but I have never really considered the possibility that the coaches might be members also.

The more the coach tried to explain and help Redskins fans to better understand what has been going on with the team/organization yesterday, during his presser, I couldn't help feeling like he was responding to actual threads that he has been reading here.

I have always wondered how many players actually frequent this board, but I have never really considered the possibility that the coaches might be members also.

I wouldn't be surprised if JJG is an extremeskins member.

I bet he started that thread last year.

paloffs is now

I know he was talking directly to Steve Czaban and Brian Mitchell. Do you think it's a coincidence that he says this the week after Ray Brown rejoins the team? Big Ray probably told him what was being said by the losers at Comcast and WTEM.

I think it was a direct response to the XXX postgame show on Sunday. While I was driving home Kevin Sheehan and Joe took a call where a caller said he was sitting below Synder's box and saw him get up "in disgust and leave" right before the blocked FG. Sheehan defended by saying how could you tell he actually left couldnt he of just gotten up?

I wouldn't be surprised if JJG is an extremeskins member.

I bet he started that thread last year.

paloffs is now

that would explain why that poster has not been seen since, :laugh:

Gibbs always likes addresing any doubts against the team, so he's just answering questions wherever he sees them. Our questions and concerns tend to be on par with many other people who do get public press.

I am heartened that Andyman has clarified that Cerrato is entirely responsible for his area: personnel. I feel better now thinking that Cerrato should be fired for gross incompetence!

He's in charge of the information gathering and scouting of players. The decisions are still made by Gibbs.

During his first tenure, Gibbs was asked about some important world event and notoriously expressed complete ignorance of it.

The man is absolutely obsessed about doing his job to the exclusion of all else. I highly doubt that he's perusing a message board. Frankly, while the folks in this thread are talking as if we are the only ones who have been expressing the questions that he seemed to be answering, it's safe to say that most of the fanbase - whether members of this board or not - are asking much the same questions.

As team president I could see him getting reports from subordinates over fan reaction to certain issues, including as expressed on this board, but that's about the extent of it IMHO.

I know he was talking directly to Steve Czaban and Brian Mitchell. Do you think it's a coincidence that he says this the week after Ray Brown rejoins the team? Big Ray probably told him what was being said by the losers at Comcast and WTEM.

I think that is probably the best explanation. Those guys on Comcast definitely flew off the handle after the loss to Indy. I really felt bad for Gibbs after that one the way Mitchell and Czabe were ripping into him.

Even after this week's win, they were indirectly smack talking.

"He's in charge of the information gathering and scouting of players. The decisions are still made by Gibbs."

Can't make good decisions based on bad information! Who's at fault here? Someone is.

We need to know more about how the actual scouting is actually done. Where is the accountability? Are we actively trying to get proven scouts? And so on.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Ray specifically made mention to this when the Comcast guys interviewed him, too. He said he was hired to bring a different perspective to the team including fan views.

Uh da! Coach Gibbs always said we have the most knowledgeable fans in the league so why wouldn't he frequent the board? Just the quality of threads that's on this board never thought out thoroughly.

I heard somewhere that Coach actually posted under the username "bowhunter" and that everyone that sends him a measly $100 will get season tix next year. I can't vouch for the validity of that rumor, but it sure does seem like a smart thing to do.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is awesome, man. You have to let us know if it works, and who the poor sap is that falls for it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived