Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: 5 Buring Questions - Redskins #3

bubba9497

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2651366

5 Buring Questions

click link for full article

3. Does the Redskins' win put them back in either the playoff hunt or the NFC East divisional race?

Allen: Even with this win, the Redskins are still too far behind to make the playoffs. It's an uphill battle. The Redskins would have to finish out the season like the Steelers did last year, and I don't see that happening with this squad. They are just not good enough this season.

Theismann: The Redskins are still in the hunt, but they have to find a way to play better football than they are currently playing. It's imperative for this team to break out and start scoring more consistently. Right now, you don't know what you're going to get whenever they step on the field. That has to change and they have to start scoring more points.

Salisbury: The Skins aren't in the hunt because the defense is still too beat up for them to make it happen. For them to win out and make the playoffs, they will need some explosive performances from their offense and I don't see that happening, especially with Santana Moss banged up.

I think its a start, next week is the real test. Look at the rest of the NFC with the exception of the Bears, (who proved to be suspect last night not to metnion their win over the Cardinals) no one is really running away with it, I mean the Texans played the Giants pretty close yesterday

Actually, Salisbury is completely wrong. The defense is as healthy as it's been all season long. It's not beat up at all.

Theismann hit it on the head IMHO. We're still not playing well enough or consistant enough in any phase of the game yet.

I agree w/ Salisbury steak. Even though our secondary and two interior lineman are healthy those guys are still struggling and are no where near as healthy as they should be.

I don't see anything happening ovef the next 8 weeks to suggest our LB/secondary play will improve enough to keep teams from making big plays.

Joey T's comments is pretty accurate. But this is just a small step they took yesterday it gives them some confidence as some one mentioned in this thread if you look at all the teams ahead they are not dominating teams all of them have some flaws there is a lot of football still to be played anything can happen between now and then.

The playoffs should be the furthest thing from this team's mind. They need to focus on Philly.

As a fan, I'd love to see them rip off a win streak, but even if they finish on a very hot 6-2 tear they'd still only have 9 wins which I highly doubt is sufficient to get to the playoffs.

The playoffs should be the furthest thing from this team's mind. They need to focus on Philly.

As a fan, I'd love to see them rip off a win streak, but even if they finish on a very hot 6-2 tear they'd still only have 9 wins which I highly doubt is sufficient to get to the playoffs.

With as suck ass as the rest of the NFC has been this year, 9-7 honestly might do it.

You never know how the NFL is going to be week to week. If you did, you'd be a million betting on the games. it's impossible to predict. With that said, the skins can theoretically lose 2 more games and sneak in. The problem is we're **** short on AFC teams to lose to. We need to run the table vs. NFC teams. Not an easy task.

"Allen: Even with this win, the Redskins are still too far behind to make the playoffs. It's an uphill battle. The Redskins would have to finish out the season like the Steelers did last year, and I don't see that happening with this squad. They are just not good enough this season."

Uuhhh....Didnt we finish out the season about the same way as the Steelers last season?

I agree that no one, I mean no one should even be thinking about the playoffs for us. Perhaps we should win a couple of games in a row before we start letting the word playoffs roll off of your tongues. Let's face it, we played the Cowboys pretty tough yesterday considering there was a point there was our O was pretty much nonexistent and our D could not stop by ballet team from converting on third down. :doh: So, let's enjoy the win and look to next week. Hell, we are not even at .500 yet. :doh: Besides we have elections to think about in the meantime. :)

Salsbury and Allen could have atleast done some research. That is the problem with those clowns. If they cared to look at the standings instead of opening the *******s attached to their faces they would realize that the Redskins are one game out of the last wildcard spot right now. So how in the hell could they be out of it? Atlanta just lost to the Lions, The Rams have lost two straight, the Eagles have lost three straight and four of their last five right. Pay the **** attention if you have are on TV or you will get clowned.

Archived