Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't blame it on the Fans...

dockeryfan

You've attributed fault for it to Dan Snyder. That's the original issue. You're wrong.

Your secondary premise was whether or not the commercials effect the "energy" of the crowd. And my counterargument was that premise is faulty and inconsistent given the fact that under the exact same conditions on different dates.... the crowd has been among the most loud and boisterous in the NFL. The only difference being the *result* of the game.

You haven't argued otherwise. You're just going in circles repeating your original premise over and over and over.

As far as I can tell, you are both pissing in the wind. He is right & you are right, & he is wrong & you are wrong.

He is right because I have been to countless games where commercials, during crucial times of the game, have sucked the air right out of the stadium. He is wrong because in many of those games, once the game gets underway, the ari comes back.

You are right because games that we have in control, the commercials don't affect us, but you are wrong if you think that the commercials DON'T have an affect ever.

Daniel Snyder IS ultimately to blame for things of such nature. However, blaming him directly is as accurate as blaming George Bush for the levi's breaking in NO.

Eitherway, one of you should be the better man in this & just walk away. You are getting your own pee-pee all over yourselves. ;)

I'm glad that you're not around here much anymore. You represent everything that I don't want the Redskins to be. You are condescending, obnoxious, pretentious, narcissistic, self-inflating, and over-compensatory.

I'm sorry for the way that you live, for those that you live with, for those that have to be around you, and for those who have to witness how much of a disgrace that you are to not only our organization but to society as a whole.

I am a Redskins fan. I have as much of a right as anyone else to be on this board that the Redskins pay for with MY money. You can take your insider information, your press passes, and start-up companies and shove them where the Titans put their foot in the Redskins this weekend. You are better than NO ONE here, and from what I've seen of you, you are worse than most.

Maybe it's just me, but this post seems to also be condescending, obnoxious, pretentious, narcissistic, self-inflating, and over-compensatory.

There is a lot of 'pot calling the kettle black' instances in this thread. Maybe the 3, or 4, of you need to just pull out a ruler and get it over with.

The continuation of this "discussion" is an embarrassment to what this website strives to be. Congratulations.

I'm glad that you're not around here much anymore. You represent everything that I don't want the Redskins to be. You are condescending, obnoxious, pretentious, narcissistic, self-inflating, and over-compensatory.

You are better than NO ONE here, and from what I've seen of you, you are worse than most.

Hey Art... I'm stealing your schtick brother :)

A lot of good people have invested a lot into the site... and got a lot back from it. More than you kids and rookies will ever know or appreciate.

I would imagine some day.. in the not too distant future... ExtremeSkins will cease to exist. And the cycle will be complete.

And the ones that understood the purpose of ExtremeSkins will have gained something from it... and too many of you insolent posters will move on without recognizing how trivial your online personalities really are.

A lot of good people have invested a lot into the site... and got a lot back from it. More than you kids and rookies will ever know or appreciate.

I would imagine some day.. in the not too distant future... ExtremeSkins will cease to exist. And the cycle will be complete.

And the ones that understood the purpose of ExtremeSkins will have gained something from it... and too many of you insolent posters will move on without recognizing how trivial your online personalities really are.

HEY DIE HARD>>>>>>>>

Is there a reason you're on here thinking you higher and mightier than the rest of us???? We're all supposed to be in this thing TOGETHER but you come in acting all high and mighty, calling people morons...insolent posters?????

Where do you get off????

You're as arrogant a Redskins fan I've come across, name dropping just for the sake of seeming intelligent---get a life.

As I said in my other post, it doesn't DIRECTLY fall on Synder's shoulders but as CEO he hired the guys in charge of that department and they're doing a horrible job with fan involvment on game day-PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SYNDER needs to re-evaluate his hires or at least give them a strong talking to. Either way, it begins and ends with Synder!!!

And here I thought the name-dropping would actually prove a point and lend credibility. You want names, events, press passes as proof. I'm sorry.... what do you offer other than a silly argument that the Redskins lost because of commercial breaks. Especially when 2 weeks ago they WON in overtime with those same silly commerical breaks.

Where does it start? Where does it end?

You think "fan involvement" is terrible. That's your opinion... sell your tickets.

HEY DIE HARD>>>>>>>>

Is there a reason you're on here thinking you higher and mightier than the rest of us???? We're all supposed to be in this thing TOGETHER but you come in acting all high and mighty, calling people morons...insolent posters?????

Where do you get off????

Where are all the other threads where I'm berating posters for being insolent for arguing an incorrect premise endlessly?

When you make moronic statements.. I'm going to call you a moron. I'm not higher or mighter than everyone... I'm just right in this instance.

I was at the game and when that commercial happened is when Vince was on the ground hurt, so I do not think it was the commerical just everyone was worried about Vince at that time.

You can blame Synder for a lot but for a dam a commercial, some of you need to get a life. There are others involved that make those decisions.

I will also point out, we were being quiet so we can get loud once play resumed and we did :)

and don't bring out your "Ring of Fame" status. And if you're a mod, maybe you should re-read your rules. If you want to ban me go ahead, I wouldn't stand to be part of a board that doesn't live up to it's own rules.

I'm not a moderator. I haven't been for nearly a year. I could care less for the quantity of posts I have or tenure. That doesn't lend me credibility. Everything else I've done with my life has.

I don't think anyone personally invited you to be a part of this board. You can leave whenever you want.

And here I thought the name-dropping would actually prove a point and lend credibility. You want names, events, press passes as proof. I'm sorry.... what do you offer other than a silly argument that the Redskins lost because of commercial breaks. Especially when 2 weeks ago they WON in overtime with those same silly commerical breaks.

Where does it start? Where does it end?

You think "fan involvement" is terrible. That's your opinion... sell your tickets.

Why don't you read my posts first before responding....I don't care about name dropping, Joe Gibbs could be responsible for pressing the commercial button and I'd say he's DOING A BAD JOB.

I also said I wasn't at the game, I'm "Stuck in Philly" if you haven't noticed so I unfortunately don't have tickets to sell. BUT when you read through the forum and see COUNTLESS THREADS AND POST COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS SAME VERY ISSUE you sir are offering silly arguments.

Plain and simple, as again said by many in attendance, the FAN INVOLVEMENT problem is an ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!!!! READ AND LEARN, SEARCH THE THREADS!!!! MY post doesn't say that SYNDER presses the buttons but he's hired the people that do and that he needs to re-evalute those people or at least hold them more accountable, maybe giving them a bit of coaching on how/when to play these moronic commercials.

I was at the game and when that commercial happened is when Vince was on the ground hurt, so I do not think it was the commerical just everyone was worried about Vince at that time.

You can blame Synder for a lot but for a dam a commercial, some of you need to get a life. There are others involved that make those decisions.

I will also point out, we were being quiet so we can get loud once play resumed and we did :)

Well, how can you argue with a guy who was actually at the game? :)

Even JBooma has proven he's capable of being rationale "on ocassion". On consistently yet... but he's probably among the most improved poster in the past year.

Where do I get off saying that? Because I know him better than all of you :)

Where are all the other threads where I'm berating posters for being insolent for arguing an incorrect premise endlessly?

When you make moronic statements.. I'm going to call you a moron. I'm not higher or mighter than everyone... I'm just right in this instance.

I'm not talking about other threads, I'm talking about your posts in this one, calling Doc Fan a moron and you thru a couple other blubs out there that I can't think of without going back and looking.

YOU ARE COMING OFF LIKE A KNOW IT ALL, ACTING LIKE YOUR SIG!!!! Just like CSAZZ said, you're both pissin in the wind on this, you're pissin me off by coming off like you're above all others.

I hear that, T. I get those feelings. All things come and go. Whatever, I'm glad I got here in time to get a little feel/taste of the old and be here for the now, too, and to get to know you and a lot of others I've come to respect. In my personal pantheon of quality posters (and fans), pro and con, there are mixed sets of older and newer members in both categories.

But for good conversation on the site overall, I know what you're saying. As of now, this place is still the best there is, and it's because of the high standards of what you and Blade & Art & Om & Henry & Pete and the other dedicated early members set-up for us newer dudes. :cheers:

Why don't you read my posts first before responding....I don't care about name dropping, Joe Gibbs could be responsible for pressing the commercial button and I'd say he's DOING A BAD JOB.

I also said I wasn't at the game, I'm "Stuck in Philly" if you haven't noticed so I unfortunately don't have tickets to sell. BUT when you read through the forum and see COUNTLESS THREADS AND POST COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS SAME VERY ISSUE you sir are offering silly arguments.

Plain and simple, as again said by many in attendance, the FAN INVOLVEMENT problem is an ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!!!! READ AND LEARN, SEARCH THE THREADS!!!! MY post doesn't say that SYNDER presses the buttons but he's hired the people that do and that he needs to re-evalute those people or at least hold them more accountable, maybe giving them a bit of coaching on how/when to play these moronic commercials.

Why does he need to re-evaluate those people? Because the Redskins lost to go to 2-4 and you've reached your threshold for all things that could have possibly contributed to your disappointment in expectations?

In Dockeryfan's own words.. you don't have an credibility becuase you weren't there. And if you want to argue his point.. then you also have to address JBooma's post where he said the commercials had nothing to do with it.

Do you see why you're on a losing argument?

If the premise is the commericals deflate the fans.... which contribute to the diminishment of homefield advantage... then what's the argument for when the Skins beat the Jaguars at home? Or every other home victory since Dan Snyder purchased the team?

You're reaching. You want to blame Snyder SO bad.... that you're reaching for things. And it's not even as if these "reaches" are anywhere in the ballpark. You're striking out... you're wrong. It's not Snyder's fault.

And Snyder doesn't have to fix a thing because the Redskins fans DO get into the games... when the team is winning and there is something to cheer about.

YOU ARE COMING OFF LIKE A KNOW IT ALL, ACTING LIKE YOUR SIG!!!! Just like CSAZZ said, you're both pissin in the wind on this, you're pissin me off by coming off like you're above all others.

Hey, an honorable mention!

Wait! :paranoid: Is that a good thing?

Why does he need to re-evaluate those people? Because the Redskins lost to go to 2-4 and you've reached your threshold for all things that could have possibly contributed to your disappointment in expectations?

In Dockeryfan's own words.. you don't have an credibility becuase you weren't there. And if you want to argue his point.. then you also have to address JBooma's post where he said the commercials had nothing to do with it.

Do you see why you're on a losing argument?

If the premise is the commericals deflate the fans.... which contribute to the diminishment of homefield advantage... then what's the argument for when the Skins beat the Jaguars at home? Or every other home victory since Dan Snyder purchased the team?

You're reaching. You want to blame Snyder SO bad.... that you're reaching for things. And it's not even as if these "reaches" are anywhere in the ballpark. You're striking out... you're wrong. It's not Snyder's fault.

And Snyder doesn't have to fix a thing because the Redskins fans DO get into the games... when the team is winning and there is something to cheer about.

You obviously not paying much attention to what I've said...

NO, I wasn't at the game.....

YES, there are A TON of threads/posts complaining about the loud commercials in the stadium at crucial points.

I started on you because you called Doc Fan a moron. Yeah, all of us with any heart for this team is hugely dissappointed in the team right not. I'm not REACHING for something to blame Synder on and AGAIN, read my post, this particular instance isn't his fault but if time after time people are complaining about the stadium commercials than a few of them must be right and the problem addressed. It's Synder's responsibility to address those concerns.

And by the way GENIUS, the FANS need to get in the game and get louder when the team is down....not when they're holding a steady lead, that's what the 12th man is, that's what HFA is all about....not to keep them up, to bring them up!!!!!

:cheers: it was a good thing.....notice "Die Hard" cut and run.

Somebody doesn't understand how insignificant they really are. But you can stay online indefinitely... getting in the last word. You haven't added anything to the conversation... heck, you don't even go to games. But at least you can say have the last word.

This site is for fans. That's it. I don't care what it was "back in the day." I don't care what your vision was. You're out of touch with the typical Redskins fan. You're an embarassment.

Maybe it's just me, but this post seems to also be condescending, obnoxious, pretentious, narcissistic, self-inflating, and over-compensatory.

There is a lot of 'pot calling the kettle black' instances in this thread. Maybe the 3, or 4, of you need to just pull out a ruler and get it over with.

The continuation of this "discussion" is an embarrassment to what this website strives to be. Congratulations.

I usually respect what you have to say, but not here. Do you even know what any of those adjectives mean? I'm being none of them, perhaps obnoxious with my persistence. I'm here because I'm a fan. All that I'm arguing is that Snyder is ultimately in charge, and somehow I'm being disagreed with. Look at my posts, look at his, and then tell me that I'm in any way comparable.

Archived